toldailytopic: What criteria do you use for patronizing businesses and companies in e

Granite

Hall of Fame
That's not my intent.

As the cowboy said, you may not intend to give offense but you lay it on pretty thick.:cheers:

Yes, I do listen to myself because, quite often, being a Christian is one of the loneliest things in the world and we have to suck it up when faced with gentlemen such as yourself.

I'm consistently amazed at how thin-skinned so many of you act but then again, you've gotten a free pass for a while. Actually being called on your offensive beliefs is probably new for some of you guys.

You're just part of the territory. I really wish that weren't so but that's your choice...

That's right. People making their own choices and disagreeing with you is part of the territory. It's called "life" or "being human," last time I checked.

IMJerusha

As the cowboy said, you may not intend to give offense but you lay it on pretty thick.:cheers:

If I said nothing more than "No, thank you" that would fulfill society's requirement of good manners and let God down by not helping them understand His point of view.

I'm consistently amazed at how thin-skinned so many of you act but then again, you've gotten a free pass for a while. Actually being called on your offensive beliefs is probably new for some of you guys.

Don't flatter yourself. If I were thin-skinned I would not have come back to you at all. I do want to thank you because, as Yeshua said, “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

That's right. People making their own choices and disagreeing with you is part of the territory. It's called "life" or "being human," last time I checked.

You're correct but all humanity comes to an end and when you come to yours, I would rather you have hope instead of eternal rejection. :cheers:

Granite

Hall of Fame
If I said nothing more than "No, thank you" that would fulfill society's requirement of good manners and let God down by not helping them understand His point of view.

Spare me. Insulting a Girl Scout serves one purpose: Making yourself feel better. I've had more than enough of people who hide behind their religion to justify unpleasant and often detestable behavior.

Don't flatter yourself. If I were thin-skinned I would not have come back to you at all. I do want to thank you because, as Yeshua said, “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

...and sometimes being rude is just being rude. Sometimes acting like a jerk is just acting like a jerk. Hate to break it to you, but "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say nothing" isn't the same as being persecuted. So quit with the melodramatic martyr act. That shtick got old a while ago.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Spare me. Insulting a Girl Scout serves one purpose: Making yourself feel better. I've had more than enough of people who hide behind their religion to justify unpleasant and often detestable behavior.

And some people hide behind their lack of faith in anything to do it.

...and sometimes being rude is just being rude. Sometimes acting like a jerk is just acting like a jerk. Hate to break it to you, but "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say nothing" isn't the same as being persecuted. So quit with the melodramatic martyr act. That shtick got old a while ago.

:think:

IMJerusha

It is not an insult to inform someone, who is a member of an organization that once represented Godly living and now represents tolerance, that due to your religious values you can not purchase their product based upon that fact. It is merely a true statement. Are Christians not to be afforded the same tolerance as gays?

I was not rude and did not speak in a jerky manner.
Discernment, Granite, is a gift of Ruach HaKodesh; something you are not privy to. You are hardly capable of discerning persecution as shtick or the real thing. You are, for lack of any better way to put it, clueless.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It is not an insult to inform someone, who is a member of an organization that once represented Godly living and now represents tolerance, that due to your religious values you can not purchase their product based upon that fact.

If it warms your heart to insult a kid, knock yourself out. Honey coating it doesn't make your attitude or remarks any less contemptible. A good old "No thanks, dear" would have sufficed. And you know it.

You need to hide behind a book to justify your unpleasant behavior, and you have the temerity to turn your snide little barbs on children. What a racket.

Shop local.

IMJerusha

If it warms your heart to insult a kid, knock yourself out. Honey coating it doesn't make your attitude or remarks any less contemptible. A good old "No thanks, dear" would have sufficed. And you know it.

You need to hide behind a book to justify your unpleasant behavior, and you have the temerity to turn your snide little barbs on children. What a racket.

Shop local.

Clueless!

Granite

Hall of Fame
You might want to work on new material or figure out how to have an actual conversation. Assuming you can. :e4e:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't have strict criteria for shopping. For food I like the idea of shopping local and organic but I do a poor job at it in most cases. I'd really like to start shopping more at a local market but buying fresh meats and produce can be hard for me to do. I end up wasting too much so I end up buying from a grocery store.

I try to avoid Wal-Mart. Hi chrys. :wave2: :chuckle: It's not a strict boycott though. I'm not sure I've ever fully boycotted a store.

Dena

That's not my intent.
Yes, I do listen to myself because, quite often, being a Christian is one of the loneliest things in the world and we have to suck it up when faced with gentlemen such as yourself.

Exactly how is it lonely when this country is crawling with Christians?

Dena

It is not an insult to inform someone, who is a member of an organization that once represented Godly living and now represents tolerance, that due to your religious values you can not purchase their product based upon that fact. It is merely a true statement.

If you said that to my child I would absolutely consider it rude. If your god requires you to embarrass a little girl to accomplish his goals, then perhaps it's time to find a new god.

Also, it's up to the parent to decide when they want to discuss the issue of homosexuality with their child. At the grocery store this afternoon I was asked if I would like to buy cookies from girls who looked to be about eight years old. I would not want to have a discuss beyond a simple "some women are in relationships with other women and some men are in relationships with other men" with a child of that age. They do not need to be privy to adult arguments on homosexuality. So in addition to your comments being rude they are just plain inappropriate.

Last edited:

Dena

As far as shopping, I first choose based on proximity. I have three Kroger stores in my vicinity so I shop those first. Next I need at least halfway decently humanly raised (and kosher) meat, so I have to travel for that and I pick it up when I am in that location for other events.

I try to buy items that are in as little packaging as possible. If I have the choice to spend more for something in glass verses less for an item in plastic, I will spend more and buy the product in a glass container. I buy non-homogenized milk so I go to one particular store just for milk but it's right across the street from my main grocery store so it's not a big deal and I don't use more gas to get there in my car.

For household or clothing items I look for them used first and if I cannot find what I need, I will then look for a new item. Except undergarments of course and shoes. I hate the idea of wearing an old pair of some kids shoes (I wear a size 1 in children's).

IMJerusha

If you said that to my child I would absolutely consider it rude. If your god requires you to embarrass a little girl to accomplish his goals, then perhaps it's time to find a new god.

Sh'ma Yis'ra'eil Adonai Eloheinu Adonai echad. Same God!...except that I don't think Scripture is just a collection of stories like you do. I take it more seriously.

Also, it's up to the parent to decide when they want to discuss the issue of homosexuality with their child. At the grocery store this afternoon I was asked if I would like to buy cookies from girls who looked to be about eight years old. I would not want to have a discuss beyond a simple "some women are in relationships with other women and some men are in relationships with other men" with a child of that age. They do not need to be privy to adult arguments on homosexuality. So in addition to your comments being rude they are just plain inappropriate.

Wake up Dena! The public school system is teaching Girl Scout aged girls all about it. Sex education is mandatory. Gays and atheists can talk with school children about homosexuality and evolution but a Pastor or congregation leader can't go in to talk about Creation or abstinence. Again, I was not rude nor did I say anything untoward. I did not speak to Brownies. I spoke to girls who couldn't be bothered to wear their uniforms or clothing appropriately covering certain attributes and had more makeup on than me.

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Mrs. Barbarian looks at the way they respond when they mess up. A few years ago, she bought tires at Costco. Something they did when they mounted them, caused premature wear and when she went back, the tire manager took a look, apologized profusely, and mounted a new set of tires, one step better than she had purchased.

Now, if we need something, she asks if we can get it at Costco.