toldailytopic: What criteria do you use for patronizing businesses and companies in e

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
(Angry, trollish outburst)

Chrys responds:
I like the thin mints

That's really good. From now on, when someone comes unglued and starts blathering abuse, that should be our response.

Nice, Chrys.

IMJerusha

(Angry, trollish outburst)

Chrys responds:

That's really good. From now on, when someone comes unglued and starts blathering abuse, that should be our response.

Nice, Chrys.

I would so much rather be considered an abuser in your eyes than a sell out in God's! :)

"Show mercy toward those who have doubts; save others by snatching them out of the fire; and to others show mercy mixed with fear, but hate their very clothes, stained by their sinful lusts." -- Jude 22-23

We can not please the world and the Lord.
"He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters."--Matthew 12:30

Last edited:

IMJerusha

How can you be sure that you are correct and that you know the mind of God and we do not?

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:1-2

"Do not try to work together as equals with unbelievers, for it cannot be done. How can right and wrong be partners? How can light and darkness live together? How can Christ and the Devil agree? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? How can God's temple come to terms with pagan idols? For we are the temple of the living God! As God himself has said,

“I will make my home with my people
and live among them;
I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.”
And so the Lord says,
“You must leave them
and separate yourselves from them.
Have nothing to do with what is unclean,
and I will accept you.
I will be your father,
and you shall be my sons and daughters,
says the Lord Almighty.”
2 Corinthians 6:14-18​

Many here have chosen to follow the Lord. I am one of those and you can just get over it!
Or better yet, join us!​

Granite

Hall of Fame
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:1-2

"Do not try to work together as equals with unbelievers, for it cannot be done. How can right and wrong be partners? How can light and darkness live together? How can Christ and the Devil agree? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? How can God's temple come to terms with pagan idols? For we are the temple of the living God! As God himself has said,

“I will make my home with my people
and live among them;
I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.”
And so the Lord says,
“You must leave them
and separate yourselves from them.
Have nothing to do with what is unclean,
and I will accept you.
I will be your father,
and you shall be my sons and daughters,
says the Lord Almighty.”

Many here have chosen to follow the Lord. I am one of those and you can just get over it!​

That doesn't answer the question.

IMJerusha

Nope, not at all. You didn't answer Dena's question. Give it a shot. In your own words, preferrably.

Like I said, you missed it and until you see God for who He is, you always will. My words mean nothing. God's words mean everything.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Like I said, you missed it and until you see God for who He is, you always will. My words mean nothing. God's words mean everything.

Wrong, again. Nothing in your cut and paste addressed the question, which means either you can't or won't actually answer it yourself. So quit with the holier than thou shtick, step off your pedestal, and try to have a conversation.

If you can't or won't stop wasting everyone's time and get back to doing whatever shut-ins do these days.:smokie:

Dena

Many here have chosen to follow the Lord. I am one of those and you can just get over it!

I apologize for leading you to believe that I give two cents about your religion. I only care how you treat other people, hence why I pointed out your failure.

Or better yet, join us![/CENTER]

I would rather be pulled limb from limb and thrown into a boiling pot of sewage.

Granite is correct in that you have not answered my question. You copy and paste without explanation and give your snide remarks. I had you ignore for a while because this seems to be all that interests you. I took you off thinking maybe I would give you another chance. You have proven my first assessment to be right on track.

You are not here for meaningful discussions or to understand anyone else but yourself. This includes Jews and Judaism who you criticize every chance you get all while using our title. It baffles me why you use it when you actually appear to loath us, our culture, our traditions and our religious texts. You are an ignorant and hateful person who has for some reason declared herself God's spokeswoman. There are many here who haven't got a problem with that and enjoy the sparring. Personally, I am not going to waste another minute on you. There are so many other things I could be doing with my time. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back over it. I'm sure you will. It's just further proof that you are special...or slightly delusional. Have a lovely day, Jerusha. May you one day realize you aren't God's special gift to mankind. :)

Last edited:

IMJerusha

Wrong, again. Nothing in your cut and paste addressed the question, which means either you can't or won't actually answer it yourself. So quit with the holier than thou shtick, step off your pedestal, and try to have a conversation.

If you can't or won't stop wasting everyone's time and get back to doing whatever shut-ins do these days.:smokie:

I realize it's tough to argue with God and His word when you don't believe in Him, but that is really who your argument is with. Until you acknowledge Him you will never understand His word or me as it is He and His word that defines me.

Shut-in....me? That's a hoot! Whatever gave you that idea? Kinda grasping at straws with that one, weren't you?!

You should give God a chance. He can help you with your smoking problem. He helped me quit cold turkey after 25 years of three packs a day. Amazing and awesome God!

IMJerusha

I apologize for leading you to believe that I give two cents about your religion. I only care how you treat other people, hence why I pointed out your failure.

Hey, failure in your eyes; win in God's eyes.

I would rather be pulled limb from limb and thrown into a boiling pot of sewage.

Be careful what you wish for.

Granite is correct in that you have not answered my question. You copy and paste without explanation and give your snide remarks.

Granite wouldn't know one way or the other. Gotta understand it in order to copy and paste it.

I had you ignore for a while because this seems to be all that interests you.

You did? I hadn't noticed.

I took you off thinking maybe I would give you another chance. You have proven my first assessment to be right on track.

Probably for the best, then, that you put me back on ignore.

You are not here for meaningful discussions or to understand anyone else but yourself. This includes Jews and Judaism who you criticize every chance you get all while using our title. It baffles me why you use it when you actually appear to loath us, our culture, our traditions and our religious texts. You are an ignorant and hateful person who has for some reason declared herself God's spokeswoman. There are many here who haven't got a problem with that and enjoy the sparring. Personally, I am not going to waste another minute on you. There are so many other things I could be doing with my time. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back over it. I'm sure you will. It's just further proof that you are special...or slightly delusional. Have a lovely day, Jerusha. May you one day realize you aren't God's special gift to mankind. :)

"Our", "us"...I thought you said you weren't representing all Jews. Well, you know, you were correct in that because you don't. A faithful Jew is a person of beauty and Godly intent.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
You aren't God. In fact, your behavior is precisely what God tells us not to do.

IMJ retorts:
They were complaining that all I was posting was God's word as opposed to my own.

Well let's take a look...

Dena writes:
You are an ignorant and hateful person who has for some reason declared herself God's spokeswoman.
Barbarian, is there any place in the Christian Bible where Jesus speaks to children the way Jerusha apparently believes it's appropriate to speak to children?

Barbarian, earlier:
That's just your own wishes, being projected on God. Not a good idea, I think. Jesus spent remarkably little time, if any, focusing on homosexuality, but a great deal of time on Pharisees parading their righteousness for everyone.

But no one at all said what you claim they said. You're conflating yourself with God, again. "Delusional", as Dena points out.

There's no point in denying what it is. You were way out of line in the way you treated that little girl. God never did anything like that, and surely doesn't want you to do it.

That was just your own desire, so you could parade your righteousness.