toldailytopic: What criteria do you use for patronizing businesses and companies in e

Dena

Lukewarm one, you do not speak for all Jews.

Are you aware that "lukewarm" is a Christian term? Jews don't go around saying things like "Gosh, Mechachem, you're so lukewarm for Hashem". ;)

I'm not even sure what would make me "lukewarm". I'm pretty much one of those people who is in love with being a Jew. I love Jewish things. I love learning about Judaism. I love talking about Judaism. I guess you just don't realize that it goes much deeper than believing the Torah was literally written by the God of the universe? That's all I can figure. I feel like sometimes other people find me obnoxious and would like me to just shut up about it.

I have not here, nor have I anywhere else made the claim that I speak for all Jews. It does however now sound like you are claiming most Jews think Christians are jerks. That may not have been your intention but that is the way it's coming across to me.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Then you and Jesus have different ideas about what a Christian does.

Put some glasses on while you observe.

The point is, you aren't willing to follow Him on this issue.

Barbarian observes:
Little girls are not "wicked."

"Born with a fallen human nature and tainted by original sin, children also have need of the new birth in Baptism to be freed from the power of darkness and brought into the realm of the freedom of the children of God, to which all men are called."

Don't know what baptism means in The Church, um?

You need to go back to Catechism class.

I used to teach CCD classes for high school kids. BTW, you clearly don't understand the Christian take on homosexuality:

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

Barbarian observes:
And it's incomprehensible to me why you want to treat them so. You're supposed to be a imitation of Christ.

Show me one place in Scripture where Yeshua tolerated sin.

It's not a sin to sell cookies. You were a jerk and your behavior was inexcusably rude to a child who probably didn't even know that the Girl Scouts don't discriminate against homosexuals.

Barbarian observes:
Rather, you made up a new religion and want us to call it Christianity.

You would be surprised at how many Messianic Jews have distanced themselves from the rest of the Body for their lack of obedience to God's commands.

Rather, you've distanced yourself from God.

Barbarian suggests:
Well, let's take a look...
Matthew 23:5 “Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries[a] wide and the tassels on their garments long; 6 they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues;

I'm completely aware of Yeshua's attitude toward grandstanding.

Like your behavior to that little girl who offered to sell you cookies. That's worse because it's also vindictive.

He also said "blessed are those who hunger after righteousness."

Then get right with God.

Barbarian observes:
So you're a jerk to a little kid, because you want people to see you as righteous.

You've gone from little girl to little kid. There were no little kids and little girls aren't little anymore when they can show off their attributes and are old enough to bear children.

As someone else pointed out to you, no one has seen girl scouts dressed like hookers. Your fantasies rival connie's.

Barbarian observes:
You've just picked out some parts you think fit your obsession, and made them your religion.

Well, it's becoming pretty clear to me that the faith of Yeshua may not be what you hold to.

I follow Him, not what I want. You've made an idol of His name, but you won't do what He asks of you.

I owe Resurrection an apology.

You owe that little kid an apology. For your behavior and for some totally uncalled-for slurs.

Barbarian suggests a Christian approach:...

The blind can not lead.

You're not blind. Just proud and willful. And unwilling to accept His direction.

Barbarian observes:
It would stand for you being a reasonable imitation of Christ.

Okay, next time I'll overturn their tables also

That's a good example. Jesus didn't overturn tables of the merchants because He objected to commerce. He objected to them profaning the temple by doing business in it.

Barbarian observes:
Being a life-long Christian, I'm not impressed by people randomly tossing Bible verses.

Barbarian observes:
You're way out of line on this, and I think you're starting to realize it. This is not what Jesus did, and it is not what He wants you to do.

Actually, I was marveling at why God gave me the courage to stand and thanking Him.

It's really brave to spew venom at a little girl. Such courage.

Barbarian, asked how he knows about kids:
I had five of my own. I was a coach, a boy scout leader, a CCD instructor, and I happen to teach kids for a living. I know kids.

Careful, you're getting a little Pharasaical.

Then it was probably unwise for you to bring up the subject. Which is apparently now dawning on you.

Barbarian observes:
Odds are, she never thought about it, or even heard about the Girl Scouts' policy of non-discrimination.

Odds are she has parents who can't be bothered to teach her Who God is and what He expects of women.

Show us those odds and your evidence for them. You're just making up stories to support your oafish behavior.

I wouldn't be much of a Christian woman if faithful instruction were not on my lips.

Yep. Venting your squalid prejudices at a little girl is not faithful instruction.

Barbarian observes:
A firm faith is built on Christ, not on homophobia.

A firm faith in God and His Son has nothing to do with homosexuality for both consider it perverse and abominable behavior.

I notice that both of them devote much more time to the sort of sin you exemplify than to the sin of homosexual behavior. There's a good reason for that.

Barbarian observes:
They wanted Him crucified. And they got what they want. Until you realize that things such as you did to that girl scout are the things that put Him on that cross, there's no hope for you.

You must not really be Catholic.

As we've already established you don't know what Catholics believe, that's not really much of statement.

You have no understanding of the Crucifix.

598 In her Magisterial teaching of the faith and in the witness of her saints, the Church has never forgotten that "sinners were the authors and the ministers of all the sufferings that the divine Redeemer endured."389 Taking into account the fact that our sins affect Christ himself,390 the Church does not hesitate to impute to Christians the gravest responsibility for the torments inflicted upon Jesus, a responsibility with which they have all too often burdened the Jews alone:

We must regard as guilty all those who continue to relapse into their sins. Since our sins made the Lord Christ suffer the torment of the cross, those who plunge themselves into disorders and crimes crucify the Son of God anew in their hearts (for he is in them) and hold him up to contempt. And it can be seen that our crime in this case is greater in us than in the Jews. As for them, according to the witness of the Apostle, "None of the rulers of this age understood this; for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory." We, however, profess to know him. And when we deny him by our deeds, we in some way seem to lay violent hands on him.391

Nor did demons crucify him; it is you who have crucified him and crucify him still, when you delight in your vices and sins.392

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p122a4p2.htm

The sins of every one of us put Him on the cross. Your behavior to that little girl put Him on the cross. And that is what The Church teaches.

I suggest you take up your cross and follow Him.

Until you understand what that means, you are merely chanting slogans.

I think that is the point of this thread...Knight wanted to know just how far we are willing to go in that endeavor. I can understand the atheist opinion in this thread but yours is a bit disappointing.

As Christians, we often get that sort of reaction from people like you. C'mon. You know what you did was sinful and inexcusable. Try to do better.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

knowing barbie for the dishonest piece of trash pretend Christian that he is, I was curious enough to Google the Catholic catechism to see what he was leaving out.

I think you'll find it instructive:

2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

III. THE LOVE OF HUSBAND AND WIFE

2360 Sexuality is ordered to the conjugal love of man and woman. In marriage the physical intimacy of the spouses becomes a sign and pledge of spiritual communion. Marriage bonds between baptized persons are sanctified by the sacrament.

Under no circumstances can they be approved. :think:

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I would like to try an experiment if you are willing barbie, get your doctor to load you up full of sodium penithal (sp?) and then let us each have 15 minutes to ask you some questions, i think that would be great fun.

Dena

Barbarian, is there any place in the Christian Bible where Jesus speaks to children the way Jerusha apparently believes it's appropriate to speak to children?

IMJerusha

As Christians, we often get that sort of reaction from people like you. C'mon. You know what you did was sinful and inexcusable. Try to do better.

Try to do better by your standards or God's? I'll go with God's. Yours have been corrupted.
1John 2:15-17 -- "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever."

IMJerusha

Are you aware that "lukewarm" is a Christian term? Jews don't go around saying things like "Gosh, Mechachem, you're so lukewarm for Hashem". ;)

No, Yeshua will be telling Mechachem that.

I'm not even sure what would make me "lukewarm". I'm pretty much one of those people who is in love with being a Jew. I love Jewish things. I love learning about Judaism. I love talking about Judaism. I guess you just don't realize that it goes much deeper than believing the Torah was literally written by the God of the universe? That's all I can figure. I feel like sometimes other people find me obnoxious and would like me to just shut up about it.

Loving Jewish things has nothing to do with loving God. Judaism doesn't bring you life. Yeshua or perfect obedience to God's Law does that, the latter of which is beyond iffy.

I have not here, nor have I anywhere else made the claim that I speak for all Jews. It does however now sound like you are claiming most Jews think Christians are jerks.

The "we" you used pretty much made the claim. Any which way you try to twist my words, you'll never get "Jews think Christians are jerks" from them.

That may not have been your intention but that is the way it's coming across to me.

:shocked: I'm amazed! Believe me?

Dena

No, Yeshua will be telling Mechachem that.

Now I'm quite confused. I'm Menachem in the example. You called me "lukewarm". Am I lukewarm for God? Lukewarm for Jesus? What does it even mean? And how do you know what I am based only on the fact that I don't believe God wrote the Jewish holy book?

Loving Jewish things has nothing to do with loving God. Judaism doesn't bring you life. Yeshua or perfect obedience to God's Law does that, the latter of which is beyond iffy.

I'm not going to get into this as I think it's better for me to keep quiet.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
knowing barbie for the dishonest piece of trash pretend Christian that he is, I was curious enough to Google the Catholic catechism to see what he was leaving out.

I think you'll find it instructive:
Let's not make that gigantic font anymore. It takes up space and looks like you are going over the top bizarre with anger.
OK?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Notice that even in the part of the Catechism that denounces unjust discrimination against homosexuals, it refers to homosexual behavior as a disorder.

IMJ is as ignorant of Catholicism in particular as she is of Christian belief in general.

Excuse Sod. I'm trying to keep from getting him excited again, but when I put him on irregularly-spaced ignore, he follows me around for a while, hoping to have some more screaming confrontations.

This time, I guess he just started without me.

Edit: went back and took him off ignore. I see the issue. He's confused because he can't get his mind around the idea that the Church condemns homosexual behavior, and still condemns any unjust discrimination against homosexuals.

The cognitive dissonance is what caused his screaming, I think.

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian, is there any place in the Christian Bible where Jesus speaks to children the way Jerusha apparently believes it's appropriate to speak to children?

Can you imagine Jesus doing something that spiteful? To children? No. It was my point in suggesting to her that the Christian way is in being an imitation of Christ.

I hope that she finds her way.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I would like to try an experiment if you are willing barbie, get your doctor to load you up full of sodium penithal (sp?)

Pentothal. It's a barbiturate, often used as an anesthetic. People do get more talkative as their cortical functions are suppressed, but whether they tell you the truth or get confused about a dream they had last night is pretty much a toss-up. And you can still lie, although you might mess up, even as you might mess up trying to tell the truth with your cerebral cortex not working well. Both seem about equally likely, given the evidence.

and then let us each have 15 minutes to ask you some questions

As people have said before, I'm not shy about telling you what I think. The reason you aren't always open with us, is because you think we'll think less of you if you let people know about those things.

The truth is, we don't even want to know. Nor would we care, because all of us have ugly things inside. That's what Mother Theresa meant when she said she discovered she had a Hitler inside her.

i think that would be great fun.

J. Edgar Hoover thought so. Normal people are open and friendly because they think everyone is like they are. Ideologues are surly and suspicious for the same reason.

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame

Very good point. Then again being a spiteful, snide, self-righteous bully is something Jesus never was in the gospels, either, but that doesn't stop his supposed followers.