toldailytopic: What will 4 more years of Obama mean for this country?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
What can we expect from four more years of Obama?

This, I suppose.

PayrollOct2012.jpg

Notice what happened when Obama took the helm. More gradual recovery from the worst economic disaster since the Great Depression. Which was brought to you by people who did what Romney wanted to do again.

eameece

The way electricity will go up after bammy gets rid of all the clean coal and other forms of power generation in leu of bankrupt solar companies of his friends, it will be much higher than the price of gas by the end of this term.

Only if your oil and coal company buddies resist the inevitable change, which we need to make sooner to avert the worst Sandys, Katrinas, Joplins, droughts, fires, floods......

Meanwhile solar and wind power are creating tens of thousands of new jobs, and fossil fuel companies are not! There is NO such thing as clean coal; we need to get rid of it. Natural gas will tide us over until we go renewable for good, and I hope soon. I know you guys want to keep on polluting in order to line your pockets, but we need to do all we can to stop you. Ignorance does not need to rule our country, Angel.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Only if your oil and coal company buddies resist the inevitable change, which we need to make sooner to avert the worst Sandys, Katrinas, Joplins, droughts, fires, floods......

Meanwhile solar and wind power are creating tens of thousands of new jobs, and fossil fuel companies are not! There is NO such thing as clean coal; we need to get rid of it. Natural gas will tide us over until we go renewable for good, and I hope soon. I know you guys want to keep on polluting in order to line your pockets, but we need to do all we can to stop you. Ignorance does not need to rule our country, Angel.

yes, its impossible to get rid of it AFTER the other sources are cheap and abundant as well.

Silly dems, you hurt the ones you claim to care about the most. You think it hurts the rich to pay more for utilities or the poor?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Silly dems, you hurt the ones you claim to care about the most. You think it hurts the rich to pay more for utilities or the poor?

I'm thinking the issue is more along the lines of "it's impossible for us to own all the sun or wind" as far as the rich are concerned.

eameece

yes, its impossible to get rid of it AFTER the other sources are cheap and abundant as well.

You mean (UNTIL) AFTER?

If we got on about the business of putting up the solar plants, the cost would be cheap. We don't need coal at all. We use none in CA and our energy costs have not gone up. Why don't the coal and oil companies switch to renewable energy?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You mean (UNTIL) AFTER?

If we got on about the business of putting up the solar plants, the cost would be cheap. We don't need coal at all. We use none in CA and our energy costs have not gone up. Why don't the coal and oil companies switch to renewable energy?

I know thats a lie, a few years back there was an issue with you guys paying hundreds of dollars above national averages for power. I know several people who moved away from that state because of it.

Again, dems are so gung ho without thinking of consequences of their plans and hurt the very people they claim to want to help.

eameece

I know that's a lie, a few years back there was an issue with you guys paying hundreds of dollars above national averages for power. I know several people who moved away from that state because of it.

Again, dems are so gung ho without thinking of consequences of their plans and hurt the very people they claim to want to help.

"Several people" do not make a case. My bill is rather low because we are efficient.

This website says CA is #49 in expenditures per capita, and #48 in consumption per capita. It depends how you look at it.

http://www.eia.gov/beta/state/

This site says CA and other blue states generally pay more for electricity, but the differences don't seem that big to me.

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/sustainability/maps-electricity

The price is not the only thing to consider. Whether we are taking care of our environment and our resources or not, is the main thing.

We pay more, but we get more for our money, so that our per capita spending on energy is way below other states.

Oil and coal prices are going up, as it gets harder to find; although that may be changing because of new discoveries. But solar power costs are going down. If we continue to be stupid and rely on fossil fuels, it will cost us all very dearly in the long run. Christian fanatics need to learn how to look at things rationally, and not just think the rapture and afterlife will be all you need; that you don't need to care about other people. If you follow the golden rule, you won't be rapacious and greedy and not care about what kind of a world you are leaving behind.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Indeed, those of us on the left managed to survive Bush's second term. I'm happy to see the shoe on the other foot. But the level of rhetoric over it, is beyond anything I saw in Bush V. Kerry from the other side.

Keep saying it and maybe some will believe it. They may find a surprisingly good outcome at the end of all this, like say Clinton.

Reading through an old thread, and your post caught my eye.

Looks like we made it through the past four years without the sky falling, but even so, wow... those were the pre-Trump days...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Reading through an old thread, and your post caught my eye.

Looks like we made it through the past four years without the sky falling, but even so, wow... those were the pre-Trump days...

IF he ends up being elected, it won't be a matter of waiting for the sky to fall but rather it no longer existing. He is a catastrophe waiting to happen.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
You know, I'm going to say this to the very end - I just don't see how he can win.

Trump is almost certainly going to win. Sanders had a shot at beating Trump, but Sanders is almost certainly going to lose the democratic primaries.

Trump is progressively gaining in the polls, Clinton progressively falling in the polls, and that's only going to fall further the longer that the emails scandal wears on.

The judge comments may come back to bite Trump, but probably not. Personally, I agree with his comments, and I'm sure that most of Trump's fan base probably also does too.

Trump's political base is angry white men who don't like minorities and foreigners.

They're not going to "boo" his comments about the hispanic judge.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Rest assured, liberals:

We're building that wall.

We're keeping the Muslims out.

The illegals had better pack their bags.

And baby killers, take note: Roe v. Wade is going down.

We're fed up and we're not taking it any more.

#Trump2016.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Rest assured, liberals:

We're building that wall.

We're keeping the Muslims out.

The illegals had better pack their bags.

And baby killers, take note: Roe v. Wade is going down.

We're fed up and we're not taking it any more.

#Trump2016.

Right..... you go, trad. I hear white sheets are on sale right now at WalMart.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Trump is almost certainly going to win. Sanders had a shot at beating Trump, but Sanders is almost certainly going to lose the democratic primaries.

Trump is progressively gaining in the polls, Clinton progressively falling in the polls, and that's only going to fall further the longer that the emails scandal wears on.

The judge comments may come back to bite Trump, but probably not. Personally, I agree with his comments, and I'm sure that most of Trump's fan base probably also does too.

Trump's political base is angry white men who don't like minorities and foreigners.

They're not going to "boo" his comments about the hispanic judge.

Of course his base won't care. The question is what does he need to win.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Of course his base won't care. The question is what does he need to win.

1. Not only will they not care, but if they're anything like me, they'll be cheering for him while he does it. There's not an hispanic or a muslim alive who should be presiding over the Trump case. Clear conflict of interest.

2. What he needs to win is patently clear to everyone: he needs to get more electoral votes than the other candidates.

One predictor of this is popular polls. Clinton currently has the advantage, but not by much. And if trends thus far are any indicator, she won't have it for long.