toldailytopic: Write your own obituary as you hope it would read.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 27th, 2013 05:00 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

PureX

Actually, I'm happy to be forgotten. No stones, no graves, no epitaphs. Scatter my ashes to the wind, and forget I was ever here.

Ps82

I've recently heard a song that is sung David Phelps called "Going Home." I just love it. I might even like having it played at my funeral if possible or, at least, have the words read aloud or written on the hand out.

I think I would either like to have written on my tomb stone:
Gone Home
or
Going Home

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

"Psalmist"
TOL Land - Psalmist passed quietly in his sleep with his family gathered around. Psalmist a nursing home chaplain for many years served Lord with gladness, and was proficient in the study of the Old Testament book of Psalms; Psalmist also had a great love for TOL's "Praise the Lord III" thread.
Psalmist spent many years working in the printing trade, followed by funeral directing until an early retirement. Psalmist favorite line was, "I'll be the last one to let you down."
Psalmist is survived his wife, Mrs Psalmist of 50+ years, children, grandchild and great grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers donations are requested to Theology Online, the website dearest to Psalmist heart.

Psalmist tombstone epitaph...

"Oh that I had you by side for five minutes,
that I might tell you all."

~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
[redacted], age 98, died earlier this morning in his villa in southern Spain, overlooking the Mediterranean. He died peacefully, surrounded by family and friends. The former lawyer and noted author had spent his final years directing the [redacted] Trust, established to further humanitarian/charitable works and Christian missions. He leaves behind his wife, Joanna and his son, noted Christian apologist J.H. [redacted]. He will be buried in [redacted], overlooking his beloved [redacted] river. No formal service will be held.

Ps82

"Psalmist"
TOL Land - Psalmist passed quietly in sleep with his family gathered around. Psalmist a nursing home chaplain for many years served Lord with gladness, and was proficient in the study of the Old Testament book of Psalms; Psalmist also had a great love for TOL's "Praise the Lord III" thread.
Psalmist spent many years working in the printing trade, followed by funeral directing until an early retirement. Psalmist favorite line was, "I'll be the last one to let you down."
Psalmist is survived his wife, Mrs Psalmist of 50+ years, children, grandchild and great grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers donations are requested to Theology Online, the website dearest to Psalmist heart.

Psalmist tombstone epitaph...

"Oh that I had you by side for five minutes,
that I might tell you all."

~ Thomas Carlyle ~

I like both of your quotes from Psalm. Either would also be a great epitaph.

john w

Hall of Fame
John W esteemed the words of the LORD God's mouth more than his necessary food, and never compromised on....

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name......For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word." Psalms 138:2 KJV, Isaiah 66:2 KJV