Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Homeschool.com's top 100 educational web sites of the year.

QueenAtHome

Thanks for the link. I passed it on to my SIL

I am sure it will keep me busy for awhile as well.

Sometimes the web can be be overwhelming and you don't know where to begin to look
(Like looking for a feild mouse in a hay field) :dizzy:

This narrows it down.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
In a recent issue of Answers Magazine (Answer's In Genesis magazine equivalent to Creation Ministries International Creation Magazine) they had a brief article about the website kids4truth.

It has some really interesting stuff that could be used for homeschool (younger ages).

I liked the watchmaker "dynamation" found by clicking here.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Will all states accept the credits?
All states can change their rules tomorrow, and they have been largely capricious in the past. So that question isn't very relevant.

Currently, those states that don't require notification are considered the best states for transferring educational value to. These are: Alaska, Connecticut, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, Oklahoma, and Texas. With other states your mileage may vary.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
All states can change their rules tomorrow, and they have been largely capricious in the past. So that question isn't very relevant.

It IS relevant because if a kid gets 12 years of education and then cannot get his diploma because the state did not approve the curriculum then he is screwed now isn't he. Duhhhh!

Homeschooling is great for keeping kids away from bad kids and grooming teachers, but it still has to be approved by the state or else a kid does not get a diploma and then the state will demand that the kid still go to school.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Can't a kid get in just from high SAT scores?

I was talking about K through 12.

If you want to homeschool a kid K through 12 the state still has to approve of the online company you are using or else they will not certify that he ever went to school and then you could get into trouble for not ever having sent your kid to school.