Trump should get Nobel Peace Prize

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
For far too long, the forces of Israel and the powerful forces of the UAR have faced each other, in a series of bitter wars. Ending the continuing cycle of killing and hostility is a huge accomplishment.

Oh, wait... You said UAE? Never mind... WFTH-I

God's Truth

The intelligent ones will. If there are any intelligent ones.

I was watching an old TV piece where Tom Brokaw years ago was speaking sensationalism about the then president Reagan, even back then I guess the News stations and newspapers knew what sells. Nowadays it is sensationalism that has gotten out of hand.

Arthur Brain

You have been on TOL since 2009; did you ever have this much to say about a US president before?

Been here since 2006 actually although I was then "red77" and no, not really, but then there wasn't one of the most embarrassingly narcissistic and inept presidents to comment on to such an extent.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Been here since 2006 actually although I was then "red77" and no, not really, but then there wasn't one of the most embarrassingly narcissistic and inept presidents to comment on to such an extent.

Sure there was, for the eight years prior to Trump

Arthur Brain

Sure there was, for the eight years prior to Trump

Hmm, don't recall Obama referring to himself as a very stable genius and tweeting away like a man child, confusing historical dates and crying "fake news" whenever he was criticized and doubling down on gaffes when called on them. Your current president is a laughing stock around the world.

Arthur Brain

lots of us do

he was an embarrassment that we endured for eight years

Oh, well, just as well you've got a "very stable genius" in power who doesn't even know the dates of the Spanish flu and thinks it brought about the end of WWII!

Who downplayed the coronavirus until he had to declare a national emergency...

Who tweets childish nonsense as a matter of course...

Still, could be worse, maybe...

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Hmm, don't recall Obama referring to himself as a very stable genius and tweeting away like a man child, confusing historical dates and crying "fake news" whenever he was criticized and doubling down on gaffes when called on them. Your current president is a laughing stock around the world.

DUMB BARACK OBAMA QUOTES:

"R-S-P-E-C-T." --flubbing the spelling of Aretha Franklin's famous song "Respect" while paying tribute to the iconic singer, New York, NY (March 6, 2014)

"Even though most people agree... I'm presenting a fair deal, the fact that they don't take it means that I should somehow do a Jedi mind-meld with these folks and convince them to do what’s right." --mixing up Star Wars and Star Trek references while discussing working with Republicans in Congress (March 1, 2013)

"When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." -mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia while holding a press conference outside Honolulu, Nov. 16, 2011

"We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad." —Cincinnati, OH, Sept. 22, 2011

"One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard." –mispronouncing "Corpsman" (the "ps" is silent) during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. (The Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian)

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries." --Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings, and inefficiencies to our health care system." --in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

"It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling, and dealing." --confusing German for "Austrian," a language which does not exist, Strasbourg, France, April 6, 2009

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." --making an off-hand joke during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009 (Obama later called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)

"I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances." --after saying he had spoken with all the living presidents as he prepared to take office, Washington, D.C., Nov. 7, 2008 (Obama later called Nancy Reagan to apologize)

"I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." -- defending his tax plan to Joe the Plumber, who argued that Obama's policy hurts small-business owners like himself, Toledo, Ohio, Oct. 12, 2008

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified

"I'm here with the Girardo family here in St.Louis." --speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008

"Let me introduce to you the next President -- the next Vice President of the United States of America, Joe Biden." --slipping up while introducing Joe Biden at their first joint campaign rally, Springfield, Illinois, Aug. 23, 2008

"Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as a way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon." --referring to a committee he is not on, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change." --Amman, Jordan, July 22, 2008

"How's it going, Sunshine?" --campaigning in Sunrise, Florida

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."

"Hold on one second, sweetie, we're going to do -- we'll do a press avail." --to a female reporter for ABC's Detroit affiliate who asked about his plan to help American autoworkers.<

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon.

"You're likable enough, Hillary." --during a Democratic debate

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

God's Truth

Can you compare Trump's policies, good and bad, with other leaders from any country so maybe you can show me how bad he is?