Trump should get Nobel Peace Prize

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
To say what you said is more than dumb. We stopped the world from coming here first.

Where do you think the world went first? And what does that mean?

The economy didn't cut regulations so that our business owners would come back here, Trump did that and it was after Obama.

And the so you're saying that the economy now is the result of cutting regulations? That's not a very good argument for cutting regulations, is it?

Are you learning disabled?

Usually, it doesn't help one's case, if one gets frustrated and verbally abusive. Take a deep breath, and give it a moment or two before you blurt out stuff that makes things worse for you.

I wonder how many Demo's are on mood stabilizers like zoloft and stronger medication.

Speaking of stabilizing one's mood...;)

God's Truth

Where do you think the world went first? And what does that mean?

Did you forget what you said to me in the other post?

Trump stopped other countries from coming here first, before they stopped us; and, we weren't laughing at other countries for it. You said Trump made America a laughingstock of the world and that we can't travel to other countries.

What is wrong with you to not know that Trump stopped other countries (the world) from coming here first, as in before they stopped us from going to their countries.

And the so you're saying that the economy now is the result of cutting regulations? That's not a very good argument for cutting regulations, is it?

Just look at what you said. You said the economy was just getting better as if on its own when the truth is it got better because Trump cut regulations so it didn't cost business owners so much money to do business here instead of in China or other countries. Businesses came back to America because Trump cut out regulations. Jobs coming back here helps the economy.

Usually, it doesn't help one's case, if one gets frustrated and verbally abusive. Take a deep breath, and give it a moment or two before you blurt out stuff that makes things worse for you.

Speaking of stabilizing one's mood...;)

I have come to the realization that Democrats and Liberals are either on mental medicine or should be. How many will admit to it though is another case.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

Just look at what you said. You said the economy was just getting better as if on its own

No, that's not what I said. The recovery from the Great Recession was Obama's doing. That lasted until about 2 years ago, when things started to go wrong. Trump pretty much dumped us back into deep economic problems. Partially because of his trade and tax policies, but also because he bungled the COVID-19 pandemic.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The recovery from the Great Recession was Obama's doing. That lasted until about 2 years ago, when things started to go wrong. Trump pretty much dumped us back into deep economic problems. Partially because of his trade and tax policies, but also because he bungled the COVID-19 pandemic.

US stocks hit new high after coronavirus crash

Let me guess, you're going to give Obama credit for this also.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The recovery from the Great Recession was Obama's doing. That lasted until about 2 years ago, when things started to go wrong. Trump pretty much dumped us back into deep economic problems. Partially because of his trade and tax policies, but also because he bungled the COVID-19 pandemic.

US stocks hit new high after coronavirus crash

Retail bankruptcies in the US reached record high of 29 in first half of 2020 - forcing 6,000 stores to close as COVID-19 battered economy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...res-close.html

Bonds, up 7%, they're actually outperforming the S&P 500. So, if the year were to end today, it would be one of those rare years where bonds actually beat stocks. And [Treasury] Inflation-Protected Securities, otherwise known as TIPS, they're up 9% this year, indicating that investors do expect there to be some inflation. And we have seen that over the last three months, where inflation has gone up significantly. Depending on which month you're talking about, it's the most monthly inflation since the 90s or the 70s, depending on which categories of inflation you're looking at. So, we'll see what happens.
https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/...ent-in-the-us/

Employment/Population Ratio at 50-year low.
https://www.statista.com/chart/22147...tio-in-the-us/

But he did preside over a higher stock market. Not a lot of comfort to a lot of people wondering where money for groceries are coming from.

Let me guess, you're going to give Obama credit for this also.

No, Trump did all that on his own.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The recovery from the Great Recession was Obama's doing.

Hogwash. No one was more surprised at the pre-Covid economic boom than Obama.

He predicted the recovery. His economic policy was tailored to recovery from the Bush recession. So I'm pretty sure he expected it. Maybe his policies worked better than he hoped, but we have no evidence that they did.

From November 2010: Barack Obama warns of unemployment being 'new normal' in US

It took the better part of 6 years to bring unemployment down to pre-Bush levels. The growth in the economy occurred before the unemployment rate fell.