Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Then he should stop holding them as hostages to get his way.

Show us that, and how he did it.
This was from 6 months ago - It's gone up since then and I've heard the number 8 trillion tossed around, I don't make things up like many Trump haters do.

Stuart Varney: Trump has already made America $4 trillion richer (with ...

It’s Thursday, July 20th. As of today, Donald Trump has been president for 6 months. The media coverage of the president is overwhelmingly negative: the press remains contemptuous, and they're pushing to get him out before he completes his first term.
Investors might think differently. The great success of the Trump presidency thus far, is not what he's done, but what he promises to do, namely, get the economy going again. Evidently, investors believe he might yet get it done.
Look at this: since his election win, the Trump rally has added $4.1 trillion to the nation's wealth. Anyone with a 401k, an IRA, college savings, retirement savings, mutual funds. Anyone with a dime in the market has taken a piece of that $4 trillion.
Also, during this presidency, 5 American companies have emerged as global technology leaders. You know their names: Apple, Amazon, Alphabet, Microsoft and Facebook. It’s a technology world, and American companies have seized the future.
I find it astonishing that the world of money is so exuberant, while the political world is so contemptuous of this president and his policy of growth.

Jerry Shugart

Turns out illegal aliens are also doing great for America. A republican comptroller of Texas found that they added billions of dollars to the economy of Texas, over and above the costs they represented.

How many more do you think we should let sneak in? The more the merrier?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Maybe you missed Trump meeting for hours, live on camera with Senate leaders on both sides, or the numerous other meetings and phone calls he had with both sides before Schumer shut it all down. The DACA deadline ins't until Feb or March and the dems agreed with everything in the Bill, but still decided to push DACA. Big mistake, and another nail in the coffin for the dismal dems in 2018.

The Democrats were worried about losing leverage on immigration if they let this bill through but it was only a short-term thing so I don't think it would have hurt them that much. So yes, I think they should have passed the bill to keep the govt going.

On the flip side, Trump rejected a bipartisan immigration bill. Had he supported that we might be in a different place. I don't know how the rest of Congress would have viewed that compromise but it never got very far because Trump turned it down. It seemed like a decent compromise so I'm not sure why he rejected it.

EDIT: Now I remember. He rejected it because there were too many people from 'shithole' countries coming in. Not enough Norwegians. :plain:

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
This was from 6 months ago

Investors might think differently. The great success of the Trump presidency thus far, is not what he's done, but what he promises to do, namely, get the economy going again. Evidently, investors believe he might yet get it done.

Look at this: since his election win, the Trump rally has added $4.1 trillion to the nation's wealth. Anyone with a 401k, an IRA, college savings, retirement savings, mutual funds. Anyone with a dime in the market has taken a piece of that $4 trillion.[/quote]

Actually, making the stock market go up doesn't add wealth to the nation. We have the same stuff we did before; the price just got inflated. Good for those holding it, but not so good for the rest of the nation.

Also, during this presidency, 5 American companies have emerged as global technology leaders. You know their names: Apple, Amazon, Alphabet, Microsoft and Facebook. It’s a technology world, and American companies have seized the future.

Gee, and I thought those companies were giants before Trump. (Barbarian checks) Yep. And all doing quite well. Is this guy really dumb enough to think that Apple and Microsoft weren't technology leaders until Trump was president? Apparently so.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Turns out illegal aliens are also doing great for America. A republican comptroller of Texas found that they added billions of dollars to the economy of Texas, over and above the costs they represented.

How many more do you think we should let sneak in? The more the merrier?

Economics dictates that. Economic opportunity is potential wealth. When there was greater economic opportunity in the United States than in Mexico, people came into the United States to fill the need. When the Bush recession hit, they began to leave. When, in the last few years, things got better in Mexico, they began to go back in larger numbers. There has been a slow decline in the number of illegal immigrants in the U.S. since Bush.

FT_17.04.17_unauthorized_update_2015-1.png

Immigration laws are attempts to defy economics. So long as we don't have a command economy, and there is unfilled demand for workers, we will see illegal immigration. You probably have heard that Asia is fast becoming the new source of illegal immigrants.

For the reasons I outlined above.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Democrats were worried about losing leverage on immigration if they let this bill through but it was only a short-term thing so I don't think it would have hurt them that much. So yes, I think they should have passed the bill to keep the govt going.

On the flip side, Trump rejected a bipartisan immigration bill. Had he supported that we might be in a different place. I don't know how the rest of Congress would have viewed that compromise but it never got very far because Trump turned it down. It seemed like a decent compromise so I'm not sure why he rejected it.

EDIT: Now I remember. He rejected it because there were too many people from 'shithole' countries coming in. Not enough Norwegians. :plain:
Liberals don't like the truth.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
585875784ec8f.image.jpg

Liberals don't like the truth.

The reality is that Donald Trump's mother and his paternal grandparents both came from what might have been considered "****hole" parts of Europe in search of a better life - they would have been rejected entry into America had the immigration policy that this President is currently advocating had been in effect.

Trump's mother family were Scottish fishermen and, after emigrating at age 17, she met his father, Fred, while employed as a member of the cleaning staff in a New York hotel.

Trump's grandfather, Frederick, also emigrated to America as a teenager, and established the family fortune by operating restaurants and hotels during the Klondike Gold Rush. Both he and his wife maintained a German speaking household,
but the family would later assert that their country of origin was Sweden, not Germany!

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The reality is that Donald Trump's mother and his paternal grandparents both came from what might have been considered "****hole" parts of Europe in search of a better life - they would have been rejected entry into America had the immigration policy that this President is currently advocating had been in effect.

Trump's mother family were Scottish fishermen and, after emigrating at age 17, she met his father, Fred, while employed as a member of the cleaning staff in a New York hotel.

Trump's grandfather, Frederick, also emigrated to America as a teenager, and established the family fortune by operating restaurants and hotels during the Klondike Gold Rush. Both he and his wife maintained a German speaking household, but the family would later assert that their country of origin was Sweden, not Germany!
Thanks for the biography. Did you go to Ancestry.Com? :thumb:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
But you were willing to believe when some nitwit told you that Microsoft and Apple weren't global technology leaders until Trump was president.

Pretty sure it didn't say they became giants after Trump took over.

Well, let's take a look...

He wrote, according to your post:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017...on-richer-with-just-six-months-in-office.html

And there you are. What an idiot, um?

Please, is that all you got?

We've got some yokel who thinks that Apple and Microsoft emerged as global technology leaders after Trump was elected. What kind of idiot would write something like that?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
..... We've got some yokel who thinks that Apple and Microsoft emerged as global technology leaders after Trump was elected. What kind of idiot would write something like that?
I'm waiting for "The Donald" to assert that he "invented" the internet and/or Stormy Daniels is a member of "the deep state!"

Status
Not open for further replies.