Trumps Veteran website directs funds to his personal foundation.

Foxfire

The democrats had the house, senate, & presidency and if the vets were a priority than they would have dealt with it then but, alas it was more important to destroy the healthcare system in this country to provide yet another subsidized freebie to the masses that want someone else to pay their way and they wonder why there is no money in the budget to pay for anything else....Again Priorities.

Are there presently any serious efforts from the Republican majorities in either House or Senate to rectify the situation with Veterans care?

Trumps paltry charitable(sic) contributions notwithstanding.

Again, priorities.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Are there presently any serious efforts from the Republican majorities in either House or Senate to rectify the situation with Veterans care?

Trumps paltry charitable(sic) contributions notwithstanding.

Again, priorities.

Has there been any effort on your messiah president's part to compromise some entitlements to free up budget to fund said veterans care projects? Does your messiah president even see vets as a priority? That is a resounding NO! but, he has seen fit to fund the care and feeding of millions of illegal immigrants. Yes, Priorities.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Veterans benefits are HANDOUTS now???!!!

No, and they never have been but, feel free to obfuscate the issue when you know darn good and well what I have been saying. The support of millions flooding into this nation illegally is a handout, along with welfare, foodstamps, subsidized healthcare, subsidized education, subsidized housing, free cell phones...it is an ever-expanding list. What is a priority and what is not?

Foxfire

Has there been any effort on your messiah president's part to compromise some entitlements to free up budget to fund said veterans care projects? Does your messiah president even see vets as a priority? That is a resounding NO! but, he has seen fit to fund the care and feeding of millions of illegal immigrants. Yes, Priorities.

Put a veterans bill on Obama's desk and find out if he supports vets?

Or would that be too scary of a prospect for the current House and Senate majorities?

Foxfire

No, and they never have been but, feel free to obfuscate the issue when you know darn good and well what I have been saying. The support of millions flooding into this nation illegally is a handout, along with welfare, foodstamps, subsidized healthcare, subsidized education, subsidized housing, free cell phones...it is an ever-expanding list. What is a priority and what is not?

Obfuscate? What have I said that has confused you? The subject is veterans, not all the linguistic gymnastics that that you're applying to squirm out of the blatantly obvious.

The REPUBLICAN CONGRESSIONAL MAJORITY lacks the backbone to support and/or pass any comprehensive VA reforms!

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Put a veterans bill on Obama's desk and find out if he supports vets?

Or would that be too scary of a prospect for the current House and Senate majorities?

So do you think he would sign a veterans bill that also defunded some current entitlements to free up budget? Where does his priorities lie? You cannot pay for it all, something has to give...what are the priorities here? This is certainly something that liberals need to get their hands around because the U.S. cannot keep racking up debt to support wants & needs, it is unsustainable. As a conservative I am willing to see the federal government's entitlements slashed down substantially to provide for veterans...are you willing to go that far?

Foxfire

So do you think he would sign a veterans bill that also defunded some current entitlements to free up budget? Where does his priorities lie? You cannot pay for it all, something has to give...what are the priorities here? This is certainly something that liberals need to get their hands around because the U.S. cannot keep racking up debt to support wants & needs, it is unsustainable. As a conservative I am willing to see the federal government's entitlements slashed down substantially to provide for veterans...are you willing to go that far?

Maybe Wall Street should repay the debt it owes to the US citizens that payed TRILLIONS (with a capital T) in tax dollars to cover their bad gambling debts.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Obfuscate? What have I said that has confused you? The subject is veterans, not all the linguistic gymnastics that that you're applying to squirm out of the blatantly obvious.

The REPUBLICAN CONGRESSIONAL MAJORITY lacks the backbone to support and/or pass any comprehensive VA reforms!

No that is not what has happened at all, you along with all liberals want to continue going into debt to pay for wants & needs. When you are willing to cut entitlements and fund what needs to be funded I am absolutely sure the needs will be met. Your president has not made a single move towards veterans affairs in fact the VA went into shambles under his watch, even with an increase of 73% in VA spending. It is a mess I will agree, and I do not blame just democrats, the republicans hold their share of the blame as well but, I do believe that if it is a money shortfall than something needs cut and entitlement are a great place to start.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...fall-flat-va-continues-fail-veteran/?page=all

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Maybe Wall Street should repay the debt it owes to the US citizens that payed TRILLIONS (with a capital T) in tax dollars to cover their bad gambling debts.

You can lay that at the feet of democrat & republican elites alike, they have both profited from it. You didn't think that they are all squeaky clean in this bailout did you?

Foxfire

No that is not what has happened at all, you along with all liberals want to continue going into debt to pay for wants & needs. When you are willing to cut entitlements and fund what needs to be funded I am absolutely sure the needs will be met. Your president has not made a single move towards veterans affairs in fact the VA went into shambles under his watch, even with an increase of 73% in VA spending. It is a mess I will agree, and I do not blame just democrats, the republicans hold their share of the blame as well but, I do believe that if it is a money shortfall than something needs cut and entitlement are a great place to start.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...fall-flat-va-continues-fail-veteran/?page=all

Or... maybe billionaires should have their tax rates adjusted upwards to approximate that of their secretaries.

I agree! We cannot keep spending money that we don't have! (emphasis added)

It's time for the big hogs pony up their fair share.

I might even be slightly placated if the Reps would support a bill restructuring the VA to a more efficient model. (sans poison pill amendments)

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Or... maybe billionaires should have their tax rates adjusted upwards to approximate that of their secretaries.

I agree! We cannot keep spending money that we don't have! (emphasis added)

It's time for the big hogs pony up their fair share.

I might even be slightly placated if the Reps would support a bill restructuring the VA to a more efficient model. (sans poison pill amendments)

The "Big Hogs" as you say already pay nearly half of the taxes in this country to begin with so, I am not sure where you think that the 1% should pay more. It is not a revenue problem anyway, it is a spending problem, the country spends more than it takes in, and it needs to stop, the government does not exist to support the citizenry with handouts...nor should it.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/04/13/top-1-pay-nearly-half-of-federal-income-taxes.html

Foxfire

The "Big Hogs" as you say already pay nearly half of the taxes in this country to begin with so, I am not sure where you think that the 1% should pay more. It is not a revenue problem anyway, it is a spending problem, the country spends more than it takes in, and it needs to stop, the government does not exist to support the citizenry with handouts...nor should it.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/04/13/top-1-pay-nearly-half-of-federal-income-taxes.html
Please don't presume to lecture me on the purpose of the American Government.

Last time I checked, the United States Government was formed in order to create a "more perfect union".

Not to be a personal piggy bank for a few elite. (from either political camp)

Unless I'm mistaken, the purpose of the American government is to serve the will and needs of it's constituency. Including the NEED to address the Veterans issues.

Foxfire

I knew you were going to overlook the bailout that cost trillions of dollars, that's why I added emphasis.

Here's a quick list of the Fed borrowers:

Citigroup - $2.513 trillion
Morgan Stanley - $2.041 trillion
Merrill Lynch - $1.949 trillion
Bank of America - $1.344 trillion
Barclays PLC - $868 billion
Bear Sterns - $853 billion
Goldman Sachs - $814 billion
Royal Bank of Scotland - $541 billion
JP Morgan Chase - $391 billion
Deutsche Bank - $354 billion
UBS - $287 billion
Credit Suisse - $262 billion
Lehman Brothers - $183 billion
Bank of Scotland - $181 billion
BNP Paribas - $175 billion
Wells Fargo - $159 billion
Dexia - $159 billion
Wachovia - $142 billion
Dresdner Bank - $135 billion
Societe Generale - $124 billion
"All Other Borrowers" - $2.639 trillion
WOW, no spending problem there!

What makes you think that corporate welfare to billionaires is acceptable, but not for veterans? Why do you think that taxpayer handouts are ok for them and shouldn't have to be repaid WITH INTEREST?

What makes corporate welfare a priority that supersedes veterans benefits?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Please don't presume to lecture me on the purpose of the American Government.

Last time I checked, the United States Government was formed in order to create a "more perfect union".

Not to be a personal piggy bank for a few elite. (from either political camp)

Nor to be a nanny to it's citizenry.

Unless I'm mistaken, the purpose of the American government is to serve the will and needs of it's constituency. Including the NEED to address the Veterans issues.

You are mistaken, it is not to serve yours, or any other citizens personal financial needs, and I defy you to find in this country's constitution anywhere it even eludes to one citizen being forced to meet the personal wants or needs of another, that is what charity is for, taking from one to give to another is theft. Unfortunately veterans issues have been sorely mismanaged & underfunded because there are too many takers, to many handouts that have cut into what should be a priority...our vets.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I knew you were going to overlook the bailout that cost trillions of dollars, that's why I added emphasis.

WOW, no spending problem there!

Last I checked your boy Obama is all about the bailouts, the "too big to fail" crappola. You cannot throw all that garbage on the current congress because it has been going on throughout Obama's entire tenure, they call it the never ending stimulus.

What makes you think that corporate welfare to billionaires is acceptable, but not for veterans? Why do you think that taxpayer handouts are ok for them and shouldn't have to be repaid WITH INTEREST?

What makes corporate welfare a priority that supersedes veterans benefits?

I don't agree with corporate welfare or government subsidies either, though you are attempting to assert that I have agreement with these practices. The current administration has been all about both (corporate welfare & subsidies) so, try as might to pin the rap on conservatives just a casual glance at the facts proves there is plenty of blame to go around for all parties involved. Our government is corrupt and no one party holds the blame they are all self serving turds.

Foxfire

Last I checked your boy Obama is all about the bailouts, the "too big to fail" crappola. You cannot throw all that garbage on the current congress because it has been going on throughout Obama's entire tenure, they call it the never ending stimulus.
Who's in charge of Congress NOW and for the last two years? What have they accomplished to resolve the problems facing Veterans benefits beyond lip service.

What you seem to be saying is that the Republican Congress is impotent and incapable of any progress in the face of that dreaded villain O"Bommah. I'll give that consideration as being factual. The evidence supports your claim.

I don't agree with corporate welfare or government subsidies either, though you are attempting to assert that I have agreement with these practices.
You challenged me to explain why I thought Wall Street should pony up and I explained it to you in clear and unequivocal terms.

The current administration has been all about both (corporate welfare & subsidies) so, try as might to pin the rap on conservatives just a casual glance at the facts proves there is plenty of blame to go around for all parties involved. Our government is corrupt and no one party holds the blame they are all self serving turds.

I agree. A pox on both their houses.

That's not a free pass. Failure of congress to address the problems facing our veterans, the very men and women that put (and sometimes lost) their lives and limbs on the line to protect those billionaires is still unacceptable! No matter who is in charge.

Put a comprehensive VA reform bill in front of O'bummer without a poison pill (don't hold the vets hostage to ideology) and let him sign it.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Who's in charge of Congress NOW and for the last two years? What have they accomplished to resolve the problems facing Veterans benefits beyond lip service.

Nothing more than the congress' previous I concede, neither side can find common ground without caveats on the issue so, nothing gets done. It is a darn shame that our vets get used as pawns for political purposes & both sides are guilty.

What you seem to be saying is that the Republican Congress is impotent and incapable of any progress in the face of that dreaded villain O"Bommah. I'll give that consideration as being factual. The evidence supports your claim.

Yes the evidence does prove that out, I am glad that we can agree that both sides are desperately inept.

You challenged me to explain why I thought Wall Street should pony up and I explained it to you in clear and unequivocal terms.

Wall Street is more than bankers, though they are the biggest stakeholders and when it all came crashing down in 08' I was all for letting them all fail, resetting the system but, politicians won't let that happen because they are part of that corrupt system. Corporate welfare as well as subsidies for "green" business, oil companies, and the like are the doing of elite politicians feathering their nests and those politicians are from both stripes.

I agree. A pox on both their houses.

That's not a free pass. Failure of congress to address the problems facing our veterans, the very men and women that put (and sometimes lost) their lives and limbs on the line to protect those billionaires is still unacceptable! No matter who is in charge.

Put a comprehensive VA reform bill in front of O'bummer without a poison pill (don't hold the vets hostage to ideology) and let him sign it.

It is the job of us, the voters from both parties to hold our elected officials accountable if they don't, and you would have never caught me voting for a McConnell or a Ryan to lead either of these houses, they are elitist just like Pelosi & Reed were, same animal just a different breed. I agree, I would love to see a bill hit the desk without add ons to hit Obummers desk just to see if he would sign it.

ClimateSanity

Meh

Most servicemen are in it for the money and benefits, not out of patriotism.

'American Sniper', for example, is sheer propaganda.

I'm not against supporting troops, but there is no need to divinize the matter.

Only a veteran can get away with saying that.

ClimateSanity

Think of all the money they are also pouring into subsidies for hybrids and electric cars and windmills and solar panels and money to third world countries to combat global warming. Think of the extra cost of living for those unfortunate enough to live in areas where coal mining is being phased out. That's a big was of dough there based on crap science.