Tyrant Dad

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I remember when the TOL amen corner opened her with open arms (especially when she had stories to tell about her times as a lesbian). What a change time can bring.:yawn:

This is libelous, or its kissing cousin. If Bobby Adolph is such a big and bad guy he'd address it, one would think. There must be a reason he has not. I'm wondering what specifically it is. He has no problems attempting (badly, I'd add) to pick fights with, say, Focus on the Family (who gets airplay and attention he can only dream of, and always will). One puny website should be something he'd crush no problemo whatsoever.

Put it this way: If someone accused you of child murder, I doubt you'd ignore it.

Depends on the circumstances. Shes so loony, i dont really know how she could cause him any harm. If the person was a psycho who was accusing me of it without evidence whatever like she is and clearly making things up in such a bizarre outrageous way and also touting the joys of being a pot head, i would chalk them up to being a nut plain and simple.

Why would i want even more involvement with such a person?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Depends on the circumstances. Shes so loony, i dont really know how she could cause him any harm. If the person was a psycho who was accusing me of it without evidence whatever like she is and clearly making things up in such a bizarre outrageous way and also touting the joys of being a pot head, i would chalk them up to being a nut plain and simple.

Why would i want even more involvement with such a person?

To crush them out. One thing your former favorite pet has done is show clearly how repeatedly this particular figure uses violence in his life and speech. At least, abstractly. In the real world, he shuts up. For a while, anyway.

If someone accused you of murdering a child I highly doubt you'd play dumb and ignorant. In fact as a public figure--which Robert Adolph Enyart is, like it or not--you'd expect some kind of backlash.

The lack of which is...well, it's weird.

He's a tough guy when it comes to everything but...this. And this person.

The strong silent treatment only worked well for Calvinists, and I know Enyart ain't up with that.

Eventually, I predict, he'll come up with some idiotic scheme that convinces his sixty-something cult and all will be well and carry on. He'll have to. His ego won't be able to stop him.

But...he'll never answer her website directly. Ever. Mark my words.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
To crush them out. One thing your former favorite pet has done is show clearly how repeatedly this particular figure uses violence in his life and speech. At least, abstractly. In the real world, he shuts up. For a while, anyway.

If someone accused you of murdering a child I highly doubt you'd play dumb and ignorant. In fact as a public figure--which Robert Adolph Enyart is, like it or not--you'd expect some kind of backlash.

The lack of which is...well, it's weird.

He's a tough guy when it comes to everything but...this. And this person.

The strong silent treatment only worked well for Calvinists, and I know Enyart ain't up with that.

Eventually, I predict, he'll come up with some idiotic scheme that convinces his sixty-something cult and all will be well and carry on. He'll have to. His ego won't be able to stop him.

But...he'll never answer her website directly. Ever. Mark my words.

Hes a pastor though, and she used to be a member of his church, my uncle who is a pastor has forgiven people of outrageous slanders they have leveled, perhaps thats the reason.

Wouldn't him even needing to respond to her though - somehow give her credence? By responding to something so nutty in my mind would be to tell her she bothers him, and clearly she doesnt.

She just looks like shes mentally ill, and the more she does it the worse she looks.

What do you mean about my former favorite pet, what does that mean and who are you talking about?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Hes a pastor though, and she used to be a member of his church, my uncle who is a pastor has forgiven people of outrageous slanders they have leveled, perhaps thats the reason.

Wouldn't him even needing to respond to her though - somehow give her credence? By responding to something so nutty in my mind would be to tell her she bothers him, and clearly she doesnt.

She just looks like shes mentally ill, and the more she does it the worse she looks.

What do you mean about my former favorite pet, what does that mean and who are you talking about?

She was part of the TOL amen corner while she was here (a lot of folks seemed to be hyper-excited a "former" lesbian was a member of the club). I wonder what it says about the judgment of Enyart's "church" that she was welcomed there.

So if you had someone going around calling you a child killer you'd actually just ignore it. Sorry, sis, that dog don't hunt. If Enyart was the big swaggering tough guy he makes himself out to be--or if he was a real life "truthsmacker" so many TOLers think they are--this woman's shtick would be done in a New York minute.

I guess talking tough on the radio is easier than actually living it.:idunno:

P.S. Is there any truth to her allegations about the attempt to destroy her family? Obviously something set her off. Find it hard to believe this was manufactured purely out of whole cloth.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not even going to get into the accusations of him having been involved in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey, as so far they are still unproven.
Yet you bring it up, in order to smear him. If that were not your intention you would admit it is a ridiculous charge?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Would you whip your children with a belt? Would you let your father whip your children with a belt?

Whipping a child with a belt is not inherently evil but, in today's political climate, it is unwise and I would not do it. With my kids I used a wooden paddle that spread the sting over
the entire backside making sure that no welts or bruises
would result.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I envied my friends whose fathers were gentle and kind.

My mother was gentle and kind. Except on the occasion when I was willfully defiant. Then my mother was kind enough to teach me what would not be tolerated. Sometimes she really needed to get my attention.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My dad had quite a temper. When I was little, if I went anywhere with him in the car, there was a chance I might learn a new word or two - which I then had to not repeat in front of my mom.

All joking aside, he did have a bit of a temper, but he NEVER used a belt on either me or my brother when we were growing up. And I was quite a handful. But I turned out okay in the end. (I didn't turn out an arrogant narcissistic bigot like aCW or a nasty, vicious troll who delights in trying to make everyone around him as miserable as possible like resurrected, that's for sure).
I temper comes into play when disciplining a child it is not done with proper control. Anger is never the correct reason to spank.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It only means that to those who use it as a last resort because they've become fed up with a child who will not obey all the other methods they've attempted.

Spank first, before there is any loss of control of either yourself or the situation. Spank before you get angry, never while you are.

People who don't believe in spanking only do it when they are angry.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Certainly children ought not to be allowed to run wild. But discipline, if immediately and consistently applied, need not be physical in nature.

Certainly spanking is not the only or main tool, but all children are different. I needed more correction than my brothers did.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do wonder why Enyart hasn't gone after her and her website. Don't her claims constitute libel, or come close to it?

Are you trying to paint Bob with the "where there is smoke there is fire" brush?

You know the charge is silly and yes it is, in fact, libelous.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
So no one wants to touch the whole libel thing then?

Sorry, that is, no matter what, just a little weird.
Because nobody believes her.

yeah, but she seems like a mentally ill drug addict to me and her claims are so outrageous, they aren't to be believed. Anyone who even gives that junk any creedence has a screw loose too.
Exactly.

My mother was gentle and kind. Except on the occasion when I was willfully defiant. Then my mother was kind enough to teach me what would not be tolerated. Sometimes she really needed to get my attention.
:thumb:

People who don't believe in spanking only do it when they are angry.
I've noticed that.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I don't believe in spanking, and you don't speak for me.
He didn't even imply that every single person who doesn't believe in it only does it when they're angry. But it does seem that many who don't end up crossing the line because they become fed up with children who won't behave and end up abusing them.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Are you trying to paint Bob with the "where there is smoke there is fire" brush?

You know the charge is silly and yes it is, in fact, libelous.

It's bizarre that someone as combative as Enyart is just letting this go. I wouldn't let someone libel me (or plaster my SSN on the web, for that matter).

I guess the guy's got his reasons. Biggest takeaway is that he's not the tough guy he acts like on the radio.

As for spanking: Plenty of people disagree with corporal punishment for their own reasons, but suggesting we're opposed to it because we fear our own tempers should we spank our children isn't accurate.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's bizarre that someone as combative as Enyart is just letting this go. I wouldn't let someone libel me (or plaster my SSN on the web, for that matter).

I guess the guy's got his reasons. Biggest takeaway is that he's not the tough guy he acts like on the radio.

As for spanking: Plenty of people disagree with corporal punishment for their own reasons, but suggesting we're oipposed to it because we fear our own tempers should we spank our chil
dren isn't accurate.
Not even close to what I suggested.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Not even close to what I suggested.

"People who don't believe in spanking only do it when they are angry."

Which, frankly, is a strange way of looking at it. Why would someone who doesn't believe in spanking...spank their kids?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"People who don't believe in spanking only do it when they are angry."

Which, frankly, is a strange way of looking at it. Why would someone who doesn't believe in spanking...spank their kids?

It works that way with a lot of things. Most people who commit murder don't believe in murder but when they are angry...

I am in no way suggesting, by the way, that most people who don't believe in murder end up doing so.