Tyrant Dad

bybee

Was spanked as a kid. My folks have a very different perspective on it now, in retrospect.

Corporal punishment seems to mean you've either lost control of yourself, or the situation.

When my kids were pre-school age I did use a tap on the hand and a firm "no" to keep them from harm. Also the occasional swat on the behind. But, discipline needs to come from within the discipliner first. My kids are always amazed when I recall that I did give them the occasional swat on the behind. They don't remember it.
I still remember spankings that I received.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
My dad gave me the belt when I was a child and to my recollection I deserved it every time, I will also say I was never abused. I am a better man for being taught respect even through the use of the rod/belt. The problem with the youth of today is that they have not been taught respect, and the liberal method of "time out" in lieu of the rod has bred an entire generation of disrespectful, self centered adults which is American society today. If you love your children you will not spare the rod.

Prov. 13:24 One who spares the rod hates his son,
But one who loves him is careful to discipline him.

Prov. 22:15 Folly is bound up in the heart of a child:
The rod of discipline drives it far from him.

Prov. 23:13 Don’t withhold correction from a child.
If you punish him with the rod, he will not die.
:thumb:

I don't believe that means a physical rod. I believe it means authority.
And yet you can't support that belief with anything except your warm fuzzy feelings.

that's almost as cute as your belief that "homosexuality is an abomination" means "homosexuals should be allowed to marry"
:chuckle:

Beating a child with a belt doesn't teach respect, it only teaches fear. You will get a lot farther if the kid understands why a certain rule exists rather than because you said so and because you'll beat him with a belt if he disobeys you.
This is why you explain to the child before and after why they are receiving a spanking, and part of that is letting them know you love them, and making sure they understand all of it before you spank them.

Corporal punishment seems to mean you've either lost control of yourself, or the situation.
It only means that to those who use it as a last resort because they've become fed up with a child who will not obey all the other methods they've attempted.

Spank first, before there is any loss of control of either yourself or the situation. Spank before you get angry, never while you are.

Granite

Hall of Fame
When my kids were pre-school age I did use a tap on the hand and a firm "no" to keep them from harm. Also the occasional swat on the behind. But, discipline needs to come from within the discipliner first. My kids are always amazed when I recall that I did give them the occasional swat on the behind. They don't remember it.
I still remember spankings that I received.

Yep, same here. Not sure if that's the kind of legacy we should be encouraging though.

bybee

Yep, same here. Not sure if that's the kind of legacy we should be encouraging though.

Certainly children ought not to be allowed to run wild. But discipline, if immediately and consistently applied, need not be physical in nature.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Are you saying that you think that Bob had something to do with Jon Benet's murder?

Because that's what the laughter response was in reply to.

I do wonder why Enyart hasn't gone after her and her website. Don't her claims constitute libel, or come close to it?

lifeisgood

My parents never spanked me, not even once, and I was terrified of them. They did not care for me. For me my grandparents were my dad and mom. I miss them dearly.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I do wonder why Enyart hasn't gone after her and her website. Don't her claims constitute libel, or come close to it?
Because she's not worth it. Nobody is buying into her and her husband's lunacy, and even trying to ask them questions is a mess.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Patsy Ramsey is dead, and has been for quite awhile now.

Pretty sure Brandon was referring to the gal and her husband who run the site in question.

I for one wouldn't ignore somebody who accused me of murdering a child. If that's not libelous, it's borderline. That's not a laughing matter in my book.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Pretty sure Brandon was referring to the gal and her husband who run the site in question.

I for one wouldn't ignore somebody who accused me of murdering a child. If that's not libelous, it's borderline. That's not a laughing matter in my book.

there's all sorts of retarded morons looking for attention on the internet

like you :p

Granite

Hall of Fame
So no one wants to touch the whole libel thing then?

Sorry, that is, no matter what, just a little weird.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

yeah, but she seems like a mentally ill drug addict to me and her claims are so outrageous, they aren't to be believed. Anyone who even gives that junk any creedence has a screw loose too.

Granite

Hall of Fame
yeah, but she seems like a mentally ill drug addict to me and her claims are so outrageous, they aren't to be believed. Anyone who even gives that junk any creedence has a screw loose too.

I remember when the TOL amen corner opened her with open arms (especially when she had stories to tell about her times as a lesbian). What a change time can bring.:yawn:

This is libelous, or its kissing cousin. If Bobby Adolph is such a big and bad guy he'd address it, one would think. There must be a reason he has not. I'm wondering what specifically it is. He has no problems attempting (badly, I'd add) to pick fights with, say, Focus on the Family (who gets airplay and attention he can only dream of, and always will). One puny website should be something he'd crush no problemo whatsoever.

Put it this way: If someone accused you of child murder, I doubt you'd ignore it.