Ukraine Crisis

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Russia is an orthodox Christian country with traditional social values and for that reason it must be destroyed

Russia persecutes gays and glorifies nation/race and engages in torture and ethnic cleansing therefore a reason must be found to support it

Tucker Carlson

Screen-Shot-2022-10-29-at-4-34-25-PM.png

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Hoping

Banned
Yeah that "removal of all unbelievers" part is why Christian nationalists and dominionists are a danger to this country.
If they are either nationalists or dominionists (new word for me) they are not Christians.
We are not of this world, and have use for neither nations or dominions.

Arthur Brain

."Russia is an orthodox Christian country with traditional social values and for that reason it must be destroyed
no matter what the cost to us " 2:38 mark
If you and that dope Carlson consider that a totalitarian, despot regime such as the current one in Russia embodies orthodox, Christian values then the pair of you (along with anyone else who agrees) are bat crap crazy. Nobody wants to see "Russia destroyed" either but rather the removal of the current regime with one that'might actually embody those values...or at least not police state/totalitarian.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
If they are either nationalists or dominionists (new word for me) they are not Christians.
We are not of this world, and have use for neither nations or dominions.

Here's a source that may be acceptable to you:

The last two lines at the link sum it up well:

Christian Dominionism seeks to perfect this world by political clout, but it is the Spirit who must bring change (Zechariah 4:6). One day, Jesus will bring His kingdom to earth, in justice and true righteousness, and it will signify the end of this world’s system.

Here's a secular source:

Arthur Brain

Christian Dominionism seeks to perfect this world by political clout, but it is the Spirit who must bring change (Zechariah 4:6). One day, Jesus will bring His kingdom to earth, in justice and true righteousness, and it will signify the end of this world’s system.

Here's a secular source:

That latter link sums up the far religious right to an unfortunate tee. Flynn should still be in jail, an absolute wingnut as well as a disgrace.

Hoping

Banned
Thanks for the info.
But I don't think God needs their help.

Arthur Brain

That has nothing to do with my post. Many people find "billions of years" in Genesis 1 also. How foolish.
Well, what was the point of your post to anna? Many people find the creation account in Genesis to be allegorical rather than finding "billions of years" in it and understandable given its narrative structure, not to mention that the Bible was never intended to be a scientific textbook.

Right Divider

Body part
Well, what was the point of your post to anna?
My point, which was very clear, was that there are and will be no perfect governments on earth until the return of Christ.
Many people find the creation account in Genesis to be allegorical rather than finding "billions of years" in it and understandable given its narrative structure, not to mention that the Bible was never intended to be a scientific textbook.
Why is a "narrative structure" only indicative of allegory? It's not. That's just another ridiculous thing that to add to your list of ridiculous ideas.

Arthur Brain

My point, which was very clear, was that there are and will be no perfect governments on earth until the return of Christ.

Why is a "narrative structure" only indicative of allegory? It's not. That's just another ridiculous thing that to add to your list of ridiculous ideas.
Which may be rather different to what you may imagine...

I didn't say a narrative structure was only indicative of allegory RD. Your latter can be dismissed accordingly and as per usual.

Right Divider

Body part
Which may be rather different to what you may imagine...
What may be different? Christ's kingdom? What would a Bible disbeliever like you know about that?
I didn't say a narrative structure was only indicative of allegory RD. Your latter can be dismissed accordingly and as per usual.
You sure are dishonest. So WHAT is "understandable given its narrative structure"?

Many people find the creation account in Genesis to be allegorical rather than finding "billions of years" in it and understandable given its narrative structure, not to mention that the Bible was never intended to be a scientific textbook.
The Bible may not be "a scientific textbook", but that is meaningless. It describes a sequence of events during the creation that cannot be reconciled with "evolution" of any kind.

Arthur Brain

What may be different? Christ's kingdom? What would a Bible disbeliever like you know about that?

You sure are dishonest. So WHAT is "understandable given its narrative structure"?

The Bible may not be "a scientific textbook", but that is meaningless. It describes a sequence of events during the creation that cannot be reconciled with "evolution" of any kind.
Different from the pompous, legalistic kind that you so frequently espouse. Who are you to say I'm a Bible disbeliever by way of? Cos I don't go along with your fundamentalism view of it?

If I am then so are you. You blurt out all manner of accusation and insult with nothing in support. The creation account is largely regarded as allegorical given it's narrative structure, this is hardly breaking news. Therefore, that there are many who accept this and have faith compatible with science and an old earth etc hardly equates to 'many finding billions of years in Genesis' does it?

Sure it can, unless you're mired in a belief system that prevents it, but that's on you.

Right Divider

Body part
Different from the pompous, legalistic kind that you so frequently espouse.
False accusation, as usual.
Who are you to say I'm a Bible disbeliever by way of? Cos I don't go along with your fundamentalism view of it?
You've proven your disbelief too many times to mention.
If I am then so are you. You blurt out all manner of accusation and insult with nothing in support.
:poop:
The creation account is largely regarded as allegorical given it's narrative structure, this is hardly breaking news.
Again the FALLACIES. It matters not how popular a false belief is... still false.
Therefore, that there are many who accept this and have faith compatible with science and an old earth etc hardly equates to 'many finding billions of years in Genesis' does it?
Creation had a duration of six days, not longer. That's what the Bible says. Believe it or not.
Sure it can, unless you're mired in a belief system that prevents it, but that's on you.
More :poop: