"Veteran's Day"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian Liberty

EDITORS NOTE - This thread has been moved to the Hall of Shame for it's distasteful subject matter. On a day where normal humans honor those who fought for the freedom we enjoy in this country posting something like this is un-Christian, un-American, and unacceptable. The person who posted this sick garbage has been given a "TOL Vacation". - Knight

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/uniforms-in-church/

An antiwar, enlightened veteran and reader (Mike Reith, USAF major, retired) has a brilliant comment on veterans wearing their uniforms to church for Veterans Day.

I suppose veterans will be encouraged to wear their uniforms to worship services tomorrow. It seems proper that all sinners should be invited to wear the uniform of their former shame. Let former prostitutes dress appropriately and let former convicts wear orange jump suits to the service. And let the pastor ask, “Would all the veteran prostitutes, who walked the streets to earn money for their children and provide comfort to local men, please stand for recognition.”

That about sums up my feelings on the nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brother Vinny

Why don't you take days like this off, then? Your worldview is A) widely known and B) unwelcome by those of us who appreciate the military.

Freakin' poseur. You suck at being a Christian and, well, you're actually a pretty good libertarian, because libertarianism by-and-large sucks, too.

Christian Liberty

Why don't you take days like this off, then? Your worldview is A) widely known and B) unwelcome by those of us who appreciate the military.

You missed the part where I really cared what the murder apologists thought of me. I don't.

You're sounding like a fascist here.

And I find it kind of ironic that in the same breath you babble on about "Defending our freedoms" you want to deny me the freedom to oppose this nonsensical POV.

Brother Vinny

You missed the part where I really cared what the murder apologists thought of me. I don't.

You're sounding like a fascist here.

And I find it kind of ironic that in the same breath you babble on about "Defending our freedoms" you want to deny me the freedom to oppose this nonsensical POV.

I don't deny you the freedom, buttwipe. Only ask that you reserve it for another day.

Christian Liberty

No, you suck at being a Christian in other ways, not this way in particular.

I'd be willing to talk about that in VMs, PMs, or another thread. This one in particular is about issues relating to the nonsensical military worship. If you think I suck at being a Christian because of that, feel free to discuss it here. If you think I suck at being a Christian because of something else, let's discuss it somewhere else.

Christian Liberty

Bump:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/without-the-veterans-we-wouldnt-be-here/

A clerk told me this today. She was a friendly woman of 50, by all appearances a typical middle-class American, perhaps even a grandmother.

Which veterans I wonder? The ones who fought the Spanish and the Filipinos? They had no known designs on America in 1898.

The vets who fought the Iraqis twice? The latter didn’t make war against America or even launch sporadic attacks. The vets who have been killing Afghanistan Taliban? Ditto for them. The vets of the Korean War? North Korea didn’t attack America either. The vets of the Grenada War? Grenada is just a tiny island. The World War 1 veterans? That war was among European powers until the U.S. got into it, for no reason that had anything to do with making sure that “we would be here”.

The vets who fought the Vietnam War? It is a terrible thing to have to say, given the lives lost and mangled, that North Vietnam had no designs on America and that the U.S. presence on the South Vietnamese side had absolutely nothing to do with our being here in America at that time or at any time since, other than to make our lives worse, as in the case of the other wars.

The vets who fought the Japanese? That’s a stronger prima facie case due to the Pearl Harbor attack, but, as Robert Higgs explains, the U.S. government provoked an attack and got its war with both Japan and Germany.

We would be here without the vets and without all these wars.

We will be here without American involvement in current wars and trouble spots.

The notion that vets saved us from being enslaved or worse at the hands of assorted foreigners is absurd. What has happened as a result of these wars is that Americans are now enslaved by various elites within this country

Thank God for those bold enough to expose the truth for what it is.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I'd be willing to talk about that in VMs, PMs, or another thread. This one in particular is about issues relating to the nonsensical military worship. If you think I suck at being a Christian because of that, feel free to discuss it here. If you think I suck at being a Christian because of something else, let's discuss it somewhere else.
I don't think it is worship to say thank you to somebody who risked their life so that you can be the toilet paper you wish to be.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
ron-paul-9-11.jpg

Christian Liberty

I don't think it is worship to say thank you to somebody who risked their life so that you can be the toilet paper you wish to be.

Its worship to say that somebody risked their life so we could be free without even thinking through the implications of your statement and getting angry at anyone who dares to suggest that maybe, just maybe, its a lie.

Ron Paul never said 9/11 was an inside job. Ron always distanced himself from those who said that.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Its worship to say that somebody risked their life so we could be free without even thinking through the implications of your statement and getting angry at anyone who dares to suggest that maybe, just maybe, its a lie.

Ron Paul never said 9/11 was an inside job. Ron always distanced himself from those who said that.
I'm not saying that what the administration did was right, that is a seperate discussion entirely. I'm talking about the individuals that put themselves in harms way for what you believe in.

Christian Liberty

I'm not saying that what the administration did was right, that is a seperate discussion entirely. I'm talking about the individuals that put themselves in harms way for what you believe in.

Who put themselves in harm's way for what I believe in?

As for the administration, choosing to be a part of it is a choice. The immorality of invading another country doesn't change just because you are under orders. And even if it was an excuse it still wouldn't be worthy of honor.

Doormat

I didn't risk my life in combat so that you could be a reviler. Rather, I risked my life so you could pay higher gas prices and have more of your money taken away through taxation. Thanks? If you say so.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Who put themselves in harm's way for what I believe in?
Soldiers.

As for the administration, choosing to be a part of it is a choice. The immorality of invading another country doesn't change just because you are under orders. And even if it was an excuse it still wouldn't be worthy of honor.
I guess that depends on how you look at it. You see it as us invading them. I am sure there are some that conclude they invaded us first when they attacked us in our cities.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
I didn't risk my life in combat so that you could be a reviler. Rather, I risked my life so you could pay higher gas prices and have more of your money taken away through taxation. Thanks? If you say so.
A soldier risks his or her life so that I can be a believer. So that gays can marry. So that I can freely speak against my government. So that women can get abortions. So that I can be educated in the school of my choice. So that I can pay taxes. A soldier fights for freedom so that we can live the life we want to live, not the life the state tells us to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.