"Veteran's Day"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian Liberty

A soldier risks his or her life so that I can be a believer. So that gays can marry. So that I can freely speak against my government. So that women can get abortions. So that I can be educated in the school of my choice. So that I can pay taxes. A soldier fights for freedom so that we can live the life we want to live, not the life the state tells us to live.

This is absolutely absurd. You have absolutely no defense of this.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2011/09/laurence-m-vance/freedoms-i-wish-the-military-were-defending/

Doormat

A soldier risks his or her life so that I can be a believer.

I didn't risk my life so you can claim to be a believer. And I can't think of person I knew while serving that risked his life so you can be a believer. Many of the people that I served with didn't want to be in combat, but ended up there because they had joined in peacetime wanting money for college and other benefits.

So that gays can marry.

Nah.

So that I can freely speak against my government.

You can't speak freely against your government, and you don't determine when "free speech" is deemed sedition or treason.

So that women can get abortions.

Soldiers don't serve so women can get abortions.

So that I can be educated in the school of my choice.

Do you think soldiers force educational instutions to waive their requirements and fees for you? You can go to a school you qualify to enter, if you can afford it.

So that I can pay taxes.

Yes. I risked my life so you can have your wages stolen from you by government.

A soldier fights for freedom so that we can live the life we want to live, not the life the state tells us to live.

You are living the life the state tells you to live, just another debt slave.

Christian Liberty

So that I can pay taxes.

I can't believe I just noticed this one. Normally I'd red-flag this immediately.

Just out of curiosity, do you agree with me that we'd be better off with a completely free-enterprise system and no State?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
I didn't risk my life so you can claim to be a believer. And I can't think of person I knew while serving that risked his life so you can be a believer. Many of the people that I served with didn't want to be in combat, but ended up there because they had joined in peacetime wanting money for college and other benefits.

Nah.

You can't speak freely against your government, and you don't determine when "free speech" is deemed sedition or treason.

Soldiers don't serve so women can get abortions.

Do you think soldiers force educational instutions to waive their requirements and fees for you? You can go to a school you qualify to enter, if you can afford it.

You are living the life the state tells you to live, just another debt slave.
The reality of the soldier in the fox hole is much more immediate than the long term ramifications of their service. The soldier in the fox hole is concentrating on surviving and helping his buddies survive too. but think about the oath you took when you enlisted. If you did not agree with that oath, why did you take it?

Christian Liberty

Changed it. It should have said soldiers.

Except that that's blatantly false.

You know, "THEM", the bad guys.

Yeah, those who fight in foreign countries are "Bad guys" and no more moral than homosexuals or adulterers.

Some will come to terms with that and will stand on principle. For those who do, including people like Doormat, I thank you for your service NOW in refuting the lies that so many Americans have been told using first-hand experience.

Others will continue to pretend like soldiers (hired killers) are the source of all that is good in this world, when it isn't.
Not the soldiers fault, blame that one on the admin.

How is it not their fault if they participated? I'm not defending the admin, of course, but that's not an excuse. Were the Nazis who "Just followed orders" excused for that reason? Of course not.

The last American war that was defensive in any sense, was World War II. And even then, there were a number of atrocities committed by the Americans during that war. And the attack on Pearl Harbor was provoked by FDR, and only able to happen in the first place because America pariticipated in another foolhardy war, WWI. The last war that was truly defensive was the War of 1812.

Wake up people, you've been brainwashed.

Doormat

Just out of curiosity, do you agree with me that we'd be better off with a completely free-enterprise system and no State?

I am a monarchist, in favor of our King and His Kingdom. He reigns now. Practically, might that look more like a completely free-enterprise system and no state? It might.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Except that that's blatantly false.
Its not. Soldiers fought and dies so that you have the freedom to say they are evil for having done so. Who do you think died for your beliefs and the right to freely speak them?

Yeah, those who fight in foreign countries are "Bad guys" and no more moral than homosexuals or adulterers.

Some will come to terms with that and will stand on principle. For those who do, including people like Doormat, I thank you for your service NOW in refuting the lies that so many Americans have been told using first-hand experience.

Others will continue to pretend like soldiers (hired killers) are the source of all that is good in this world, when it isn't.

How is it not their fault if they participated? I'm not defending the admin, of course, but that's not an excuse. Were the Nazis who "Just followed orders" excused for that reason? Of course not.

The last American war that was defensive in any sense, was World War II. And even then, there were a number of atrocities committed by the Americans during that war. And the attack on Pearl Harbor was provoked by FDR, and only able to happen in the first place because America pariticipated in another foolhardy war, WWI. The last war that was truly defensive was the War of 1812.

Wake up people, you've been brainwashed.
All that is required for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing.

Doormat

The reality of the soldier in the fox hole is much more immediate than the long term ramifications of their service. The soldier in the fox hole is concentrating on surviving and helping his buddies survive too.

Does it matter what the soldier's motivation was for joining? Why thank a guy who only joined to get some college money and would have done anything to get out of combat as long as it didn't land him in Levenworth? Did such a person risk his life for you, to benefit you?

but think about the oath you took when you enlisted. If you did not agree with that oath, why did you take it?

When I took the oath, I agreed with that oath. You think being essentially a mercenary to forward pipeline politics is what a soldier is sworn to do? Do you believe being the muscle for those who trample the Constitution is upholding the Consititution?

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Does it matter what the soldier's motivation was for joining? Why thank a guy who only joined to get some college money and would have done anything to get out of combat as long as it didn't land him in Levenworth? Did such a person risk his life for you, to benefit you?
Yes, they did. In many cases, without probably even realizing they did. Very, very few of us are ever fully cogniscient of the long term ramifications of the decisions we make today. However, people who join the armed services can reasonable be expected to know that an armed conflict is possible.

When I took the oath, I agreed with that oath. You think being essentially a mercenary to forward pipeline politics is what a soldier is sworn to do? Do you believe being the muscle for those who trample the Constitution is upholding the Consititution?
Soldiers are used to protect the policies of this country and the current administration. THe average foot soldier has little to no say in determining when and order is constitutional or not. There duty is to do or dies. So the individual soldier that puts their life on the line deserves my respect and thanks for risking their life.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
So that I can freely speak against my government.

If there were no soldiers, policemen or other assorted agents of the State who would stop you from speaking freely against your government? :confused:

A soldier fights for freedom so that we can live the life we want to live, not the life the state tells us to live.

False. Soldiers are agents of the State.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
What's absolutely absurd is to think that you know every reason that every person has for what they do. You have no place to speak for anyone but yourself.

Pretty much the deal...but, you have to understand what your dealing with Unknown, CL is an 18 yr old, wet behind the ears dope who thinks himself to be educated in the ways of the world...I have shoes older than him, that have seen more of the world than he. :chuckle:

Considering the source his rantings really don't mean much, or at least have no knowledge or experience behind them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.