Was Elizabeth Taylor a despicable person?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sigh. Back to the OP.

So CS ... what do you think of Elizabeth Taylor?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
False (Rom. 7:2, 3). :dizzy:

emot-airquote.gif
Divorce occurred during the betrothal period (e.g. Joseph putting Mary away).

Again, this is Sodom aka America.
stripper.gif
We make it up as we go along (Heb 13:4).
honeybadger.gif

See:

Divorce & Re marriage: A Position Paper by John Piper
Does the Quran promise the Muslims 72 virgins? AOG Bible Study

There's a reason why King Henry killed his wife (it was never proven, but people were thinking it out loud :chuckle:)

Every traditional church from Virginia to California has it in their bylaws that if a divorce is enacted for any other reason besides adultery, abandonment, or death, it is a grave sin.
Some churches are even still in the business of excommunicating for that sort of thing :plain:

The Bible comes right out with it:

Matthew 5:32
But I say to you that everyone who divorces his wife, except on the ground of sexual immorality, makes her commit adultery, and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Now, I know these unreformed, contemporary folk have found just about every way to dodge or excuse any inconvenient ordinance, but there's no way around that.

In fact, women aren't even allowed to divorce- nowhere is it implied that they have the right, it is always from the men's perspective as seen in the verse above.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Every traditional church from Virginia to California has it in their bylaws that if a divorce is enacted for any other reason besides adultery, abandonment, or death, it is a grave sin.
Bylaws? We don't need your stinkin' bylaws (Heb 13:4).
mexican%20confused.gif
Churches welcome in unrepentant sinners every day.
49.gif
Rarely do they implement church discipline (1 Cor. 5:3–5, 13).

Women aren't even allowed to divorce.
Men and women are equal before God.

Last edited:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
False. :dizzy: Submission is mutual (Eph 5:21).

Context- it's speaking about sex and household relations. Hate to crumble the feminist facade, but that's what all of it is about in general_

Everything of equal rights and feminist philosophy is worldly- it is completely alien to Christianity. That's something that people need to wake up and see, because it's a growing problem in today's world- everybody wants to put their godforsaken agenda to the scriptures :AMR:

Ephesians 5:22-23
Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church

Annnd.. reality comes back
:rolleyes:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Back to the *actual* topic ... no Larry King is not despicable based on the fact that he has been married umpteen times (unless the reason for divorce was due to his committing adultery). He is, however, someone I would not consider voting for based on his repeatedly bad judgment in his own life. I would also not vote for Elizabeth Taylor for the simple fact that I will not endorse anyone who willfully participates in tearing apart the relationships and then start another marriage as though they did nothing wrong.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Is that some sort of calvinist voo doo?

1 Timothy 2:12-15
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.

Nah, just the Scriptures :rolleyes:

The only voodoo is the amazing loopholes and cherry picking you all do to avoid the inevitable- like what I had just shown in my previous post. You put on your filters, and see only the scripture you want to see which matches your bias.

But you all go rise yourselves up to apostasy, pretending is merely pretending :thumb:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
1 Timothy 2:12-15
I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet she will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.

Nah, just the Scriptures :rolleyes:

The only voodoo is the amazing loopholes and cherry picking you all do to avoid the inevitable- like what I had just shown in my previous post. You put on your filters, and see only the scripture you want to see which matches your bias.

But you all go rise yourselves up to apostasy, pretending is merely pretending :thumb:
if they continue in faith and love and holiness, with self-control.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Adam renamed Eve and kept the name Adam (אָדָם both of them) for himself (Ge 3:20).

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
According to some, Trump is a despicable person because he has had three wives. Are you willing to call Elizabeth Taylor despicable as well?

Well, Liz was close friends with the accused (but not convicted) pedophile Michael Jackson and (indirectly) helped with the cover-up.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/06/proof_that_michael_jackson_was_indeed_a_monster.html

Documents are currently being filed in New York State in a civil suit against Presidential candidate Donald Trump accusing him of raping a 13 year old girl 20 years ago, who also was close friends with convicted child molester Jeffrey Epstein.
http://therealdeal.com/2016/06/20/j...e-complaint-against-donald-trump-in-ny-court/

Yeah, I'd say that they're both despicable.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Documents are currently being filed in New York State in a civil suit against Presidential candidate Donald Trump accusing him of raping a 13 year old girl 20 years ago, who also was close friends with convicted child molester Jeffrey Epstein.
http://therealdeal.com/2016/06/20/j...e-complaint-against-donald-trump-in-ny-court/

Yeah, I'd say that they're both despicable.

Interesting ... though considering the seriousness of the accusation, the word despicable is an understatement.

ClimateSanity

Food for thought. When Cosby's accusers came forward, all the media outlets were all over it 24\7. This story has been around over a year I think, and hasn't gotten any traction except among trump haters who are willing to bite at anything no matter how outrageous. News flash.....calling a woman a fat pig and dating only spectacular looking women may be disgusting in some peoples eyes, but it doesn't mean said person is more likely to be a pedophile or rapist.