We Need Vehicle control! Driver Kills 1, Injures 37 In Rampage.

drbrumley

Seems that we need vehicle control given that vehicles are being used as weapons, maybe some controls should be put in place to keep cars & trucks out of the hands of killers. This woman kills 1 and injures 37(many critically), should there not be a "no drive list" ? background checks? these are deadly weapons we are talking about....

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/21/us/las-vegas-strip-pedestrians-hit/

Was listening to this on my scanner last night.

I'm still awaiting. like yourself, for all the call to ban all cars and trucks. Yet to hear anything.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Seems that we need vehicle control given that vehicles are being used as weapons, maybe some controls should be put in place to keep cars & trucks out of the hands of killers. This woman kills 1 and injures 37(many critically), should there not be a "no drive list" ? background checks? these are deadly weapons we are talking about....

I'm not sure this really serves your purpose. Cars are regulated more heavily than guns already. :idunno:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I'm not sure this really serves your purpose. Cars are regulated more heavily than guns already. :idunno:

Obviously not enough...we need more laws because everyone knows that more laws means less crime involving vehicles, no? Think how many lives could be saved with vehicle control laws.

fool

Hall of Fame
In 2013 10,076 people were killed by drunk driving in the US.
The mass shooters could become mass crowd wreckers and struggle to be noticed statistically.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
In 2013 10,076 people were killed by drunk driving in the US.
The mass shooters could become mass crowd wreckers and struggle to be noticed statistically.

Yes, but there were over 32,000 vehicle related deaths...these vehicles are killers!

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Maybe we should sue the vehicle companies for making weapons of mass destruction.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Slowing down would help.
Should we slow down?

Though speed kills, slowing down does not stop the bloodshed we need more comprehensive vehicle reform laws, we need laws to control who has access to vehicles...laws after all fix all societies ills.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

No semi automatic or automatic transmissions !!

gcthomas

Perhaps you could introduce some compulsory training before you let people loose in cars? If there was a licensing system you could take way the license from dangerous drivers, and a registration system would let you track car ownership and responsibility.

Thinking about it, wouldn't that be a lot like many want to happen for gun ownership?

fool

Hall of Fame
Though speed kills, slowing down does not stop the bloodshed we need more comprehensive vehicle reform laws, we need laws to control who has access to vehicles...laws after all fix all societies ills.

I think you make a great case for proficiency tests for gun owners.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Perhaps you could introduce some compulsory training before you let people loose in cars? If there was a licensing system you could take way the license from dangerous drivers, and a registration system would let you track car ownership and responsibility.

Yes, but, they just keep building & selling these killers!...vehicles that is.

Thinking about it, wouldn't that be a lot like many want to happen for gun ownership?

They already do...

musterion

Reportedly she drove an Olds.

I'm not saying we need to ban Oldsmobiles. But surely we can all agree that some kind of bipartisan, common sense Oldsmbobile control is needed.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
All fuel should be drained from automobiles immediately after use and kept in a separate location.

Fuel capacity should be reduced, also.

Cable locks should be run through the steering wheel, passed under the seats and out through the trunk then rapped around each wheel and anchored to a suitable eyebolt, anchored in concrete.