We Need Vehicle control! Driver Kills 1, Injures 37 In Rampage.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
And how much good has that done when anyone can drive them whether they do so legally or not?

I don't know how to put a number on it. TCM offered this:

To give a little clarity traffic has become much more heavily regulated since 1921 when we have the first figures for road deaths per million miles traveled, it was at 24.09, in 2013 it is down to 1.11. that over a 20 fold drop in the dnager on roads in the US since 1921.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
People have a right to drive vehicles. Anybody should be allowed to drive them, without any training or licensing. There should be no areas that are "no-drive zones". Why should government regulate sidewalk use?

Touché!

Re this thread there is little as depressing as watching a ground of people go round in circles patting themselves on the back for an ignorant position.

To give a little clarity traffic has become much more heavily regulated since 1921 when we have the first figures for road deaths per million miles traveled, it was at 24.09, in 2013 it is down to 1.11. that over a 20 fold drop in the dnager on roads in the US since 1921.

That is in a period where we have seen average speeds go up dramatically, congestion on the roads increase, etc , etc

That is down to regulation on car design and safety, driving laws and vehicle testing.

But but but we have a constitutional right to bare arms! And this therefore means no regulations whatsoever!!!!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Motor vehicles were designed to perform a variety of positive roles (transportation, mobility, travel, etc) in a modern society. Accidents do happen, but vehicles were never designed for the express purpose of injuring other people.

Firearms, on the other hand, were designed primarily for one role - to be used against other people!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Motor vehicles were designed to perform a variety of positive roles (transportation, mobility, travel, etc) in a modern society. Accidents do happen, but vehicles were never designed for the express purpose of injuring other people.

Firearms, on the other hand, were designed primarily for one role - to kill other people!

It's kill or be killed. Only a suit of armor would have helped those people

Greg Jennings

She is an immigrant Solmali woman! A black muslim. The vehicle she was driving had Oregon plates. After she mowed down pedestrians (yelling Allahu Akbar) she barricaded herself in the car as witnesses tried to pull her out...she escaped and fled on foot leaving her 3 year old in the car...she was caught and now the MUSLIM IMMIGRANT is in custody.

Do you have a link to that? I'm not doubting you, but I'd like to check it out for myself before making a decision

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Do you have a link to that? I'm not doubting you, but I'd like to check it out for myself before making a decision
There's not a link to that, or much apparent truth. No one is reporting the supposed chant. Her name is Lakeisha Holloway, she's a mother, 24 years old and she's from Portland. She has family there, including her mother and extended family, as one of the cousins gave a limited statement to a news outlet.

The family says she recently was living in Texas, where the father of her three year old is believed to reside, but returned recently changed and troubled. One report by an actual news outlet had her telling the police that she was in pain and wanted others to feel it.

Deputy Chief Zimmerman, heading the investigation has already declared this is unrelated to terrorism. Her only priors that we know of are a driving without a license in 2011, in Oregon.

Greg Jennings

There's not link to that, or much apparent truth. No one is reporting the supposed chant. Her name is Lakeisha Holloway, she's a mother, 24 years old and she's from Portland. She has family there, including her mother and extended family, as one of the cousins gave a limited statement to a news outlet.

The family says she recently was living in Texas, where the father of her three year old is believed to reside, but returned recently changed and troubled. One report by an actual news outlet had her telling the police that she was in pain and wanted others to feel it.

Deputy Chief Zimmerman, heading the investigation has already declared this is unrelated to terrorism. Her only priors that we know of are a driving without a license in 2011, in Oregon.

Ah. Thanks for the clarity in the sea of mud that can be TOL

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The sheriff is "not comfortable" telling the public what she said her motive is.

https://twitter.com/WillCarrFNC/status/679003688577269760
Normal for an ongoing.

Instead of "just getting ready to turn her life around," she reportedly already did.
Looks like Texas and troubles with the father or her child are at the heart of it.

Anyway, connect your own dots why the law won't say.
Because they almost never do until they're about done and the DA is comfortable.

musterion

Normal for an ongoing.

Not really. Had they determined she's insane or otherwise not responsible for her actions, they'd have said so to alleviate pressure. No...LE knows something disturbing about her motives but doesn't want the public to know what.

What could it be, what could it be...
m1703.gif

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Propane tanks..............

The muslims are all over that one. You at least try, so let me help.

Hell%20cannon.png

hell%20cannon%202.png

hell%20cannon%203.jpg

Now you know part of why Farook was wired $28k before his temper tantrum to murder a messianic Jew. Paris style attack was the intention, not the social services building.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Not really. Had they determined she's insane or otherwise not responsible for her actions, they'd have said so to alleviate pressure.
Yeah, really. Unless Vegas runs by very different procedure. My understanding is that they have a two and three day hearing there, with the latter being essentially arraignment and the point where a judge would entertain a psych eval, order it and then wait on the finding to proceed. That typically takes time.

No...LE knows something disturbing about her motives but doesn't want the public to know what.
Any number of reasons not to advance that for public consumption, beginning with the fact that outside of a few blogs no one is claiming and there's no apparent reason to believe this is related to an act of terrorism.

What could it be, what could it be...
Any number of things, including overactive imaginations.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, really. Unless Vegas runs by very different procedure. My understanding is that they have a two and three day hearing there, with the latter being essentially arraignment and the point where a judge would entertain a psych eval, order it and then wait on the finding to proceed. That typically takes time.

Any number of reasons not to advance that for public consumption, beginning with the fact that outside of a few blogs no one is claiming and there's no apparent reason to believe this is related to an act of terrorism.

Any number of things, including overactive imaginations.

She was radicalized

musterion

So if a verifiable witness from the scene said she shouted Allah, you would or wouldn't believe it?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So if a verifiable witness from the scene said she shouted Allah, you would or wouldn't believe it?
I'm pretty sure the officer in charge would know if that was the case before stating:

"This was not an act of terrorism," said Brett Zimmerman, a Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department deputy chief. "We are treating this as an intentional act." Link

musterion

I'm pretty sure the officer in charge would know if that was the case before stating:

"This was not an act of terrorism," said Brett Zimmerman, a Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department deputy chief. "We are treating this as an intentional act." Link

You didn't answer the question.