What about Windows 10?

journey

Did you take the free upgrade to Windows 10? If so, how do you like it, and are you having any problems?

My wife and I upgraded a Windows 8.1 laptop and a Windows 7 desktop to Windows 10. Things were pretty good for almost a month, and we were beginning to like it. However, both computers were crashed completely with Windows updates within 3 days of each other. We were lucky and able to restore the previous operating systems.

glorydaz

Did you take the free upgrade to Windows 10? If so, how do you like it, and are you having any problems?

My wife and I upgraded a Windows 8.1 laptop and a Windows 7 desktop to Windows 10. Things were pretty good for almost a month, and we were beginning to like it. However, both computers were crashed completely with Windows updates within 3 days of each other. We were lucky and able to restore the previous operating systems.

This is like the Twilight Zone. :shocked:

Some other poster, not that long ago, said the same thing or something very similar.

Foxfire

I preferred the windows 8 desktop configuration over 10's, but other than that I haven't experienced many issues since I upgraded a couple of months ago.

Java wants to update every day, but it still works ok.

journey

This is like the Twilight Zone. :shocked:

Some other poster, not that long ago, said the same thing or something very similar.

I now like to read the Windows news on Softpedia. It appears that Windows updates are a frequently mentioned problem, but they don't ever give percentages for people having problems. I'm going to assume that most people are relatively happy and not having problems. In our case, both of our computers are HP's and not that old. Our laptop was almost a year old, and the desktop was almost 3 years old. I wondered if our problems had something to do with the brand or drivers that Microsoft doesn't have yet.

glorydaz

I now like to read the Windows news on Softpedia. It appears that Windows updates are a frequently mentioned problem, but they don't ever give percentages for people having problems. I'm going to assume that most people are relatively happy and not having problems. In our case, both of our computers are HP's and not that old. Our laptop was almost a year old, and the desktop was almost 3 years old. I wondered if our problems had something to do with the brand or drivers that Microsoft doesn't have yet.

Well, I wish you'd get it figured out because my computer keeps saying I should switch. I have no idea what to do.

journey

journey

Well, I wish you'd get it figured out because my computer keeps saying I should switch. I have no idea what to do.

I would wait a few months if I were you and give Microsoft some more time to iron out problems. Microsoft will soon be releasing a major update to Windows 10.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

I upgraded before it was even officially out. It's brilliant and vastly better than Windows 8. It's very stable and I've had absolutely no problems at all with the upgrade. Wouldn't go back to Windows 8 for all the tea in China.

heir

TOL Subscriber

I had 8.1, updated to 10 and want my 8.1 back. There have been problems on our main pc and two laptops anywhere from freezing cursors to start menu and Cortana (windows 10 personal assistant) not working. They all work now, but 10 certainly has it's fair share of glitches.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Mine has been basically ok. A few problems but nothing serious. The interface is better than the previous Win8.1. I don't use Cortana though.

journey

The first major update of Windows 10 is getting ready to come out. It's called Windows 10 Threshold 2. It's supposed to fix many bugs. If I understand correctly, Windows 10 Threshold 2:

1. Is given only to people who have run Windows 10 on their system for over 30 days,

2. Eliminates the ability to go back to the previous operating system.

exminister

I hate Windows 10. A virus infected my new laptop and the mouse was uncontrollable. I couldn't get it to stop long enough to do anything. I will take it to a shop have them remove Win10 and make Ubuntu the OS.

For work I had to buy another laptop right away and where I am they don't sell Macs. I got another Win10 laptop, which is the only option. It had a hardware problem and went back for replacement. Fingers crossed the 3rd isn't acting up after 2 days.

Windows 10 makes me sad.