What are the Weapons of your Warfare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wholearmor

Justin (Wiccan) said:
:shrug: So is the tale of Enoch ... but you have no problem with that.

See, that's the major source of religious miscommunication between Muslims and Christians--Christians feel they can sling derision and mockery at Muslim myths, but they get terribly offended when the Muslims return the favor. And Muslims feel they can sling derision and mockery at Christian myths, but they get terribly offended when the Christians return the favor.

Like I said ... it's a battle between brothers.

Brothers? Who's carrying out all the terrorist attacks around the world, Muslims or Christians?

Justin (Wiccan)

wholearmor said:
I'm not condoning lying.

No, and I didn't mean to make it sould like I was accusing all Christians of condoning dishonesty. If it sounded like I was, then I apologize for the confusion.

All I know is, I was once where you are now...very mixed up and confused about the meaning of life and its purpose. I'm not now. I feel happy for me and sorry for you.

With all due respect, Wholearmor ... I'm not "mixed up," nor "confused." But making a statement like that is rather like trying to answer the question "So, Justin, have you stopped beating your wife yet?" If I sound confused, many Christians take that as "proof" that they're right and I'm wrong ... yet if I deny that I'm confused, I'm "deceiving myself," or I'm "deceived by Satan," or ... whatever.

Human beings, generally speaking, are capable of accurate knowledge, honest self-analysis, and discernment ... yet because your Bible says what it says, you are forced to conclude that non-Christians are only capable of two at most.

Brothers? Who's carrying out all the terrorist attacks around the world, Muslims or Christians?

Look to the history of Christendom, Wholearmor. Show me any sin that self-prolaimed Muslims have committed that have never been committed by self-proclaimed Christians. Oh, to be sure, I don't think I've ever met a Christian suicide bomber, but we're both familiar with the battle cry of "Kill them all: God will know his own!" (Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoset.)

"Allahu Akbar" and "Deus Volent" have both been used to excuse a multitude of sins, Wholearmor. Now, to be sure, there is a much greater prevalence of Muslim terrorism in the world ... or, at least, in the press. The Muslims have Usama bin Laden ... the Christians have Eric Rudolph. And the only difference between the two is the success rate.

Now, before you ask, no, I do not consider Rudolf to be a "real" Christian ... whatever that is. By the same token, I do not consider bin Laden to be a "real" Muslim.

Wholearmor, I tell you this: the Bible of the Christians is just as fallable as the Qur'an of the Muslims. Both books bear the stigma of human error, human prejudice, and human desires ... and yes, both bear the marks of human wisdom. Neither book is perfect, but both strive to show man's understanding of God. In the end, both are fundamentally futile ... but such wisdom as can be gained from them is due, in part, to the fleeting, ephemeral, and all too human frailties of these books.

I am not as knowledgeable in the Quran as others, so I would decline the opportunity to deconstruct it, but as for the Bible being the work of man, not of God, I've already contacted Knight regarding a possible Battle Royal over the historicity of the Bible. If such a plan is approved, I welcome your participation.

LightSon

Justin (Wiccan) said:
Wholearmor ... I have read that passage--and the rest of the Bible. And it is precisely bcause of my knowledge of the Bible that I am forced to reject it as anything but the work of men..

2 Peter 1:21 says, "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

Scripture itself claims to be a work of God. Shall I believe God or Justin?

2 Timothy 3:15-17 "And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."

Ayura

BANNED
Banned
Justin (Wiccan) said:
Ayura, this is not accurate--and has been known to be false since the discovery and analysis of the contents of the Qur'an Grave at the Great Mosque of Sana'a in Yemen.

Justin

Could you provide me with evidence please. Thank you and I will be sure to pass it to someone else and see what they make of it.

allsmiles

wholearmor said:
I'm not condoning lying. All I know is, I was once where you are now...very mixed up and confused about the meaning of life and its purpose. I'm not now. I feel happy for me and sorry for you.

:chuckle: Justin might be a lot of things but he is not mixed up or confused.

Justin (Wiccan)

Ayura said:
Could you provide me with evidence please. Thank you and I will be sure to pass it to someone else and see what they make of it.

I can provide you with the evidence ... however, I am already aware of the reaction that some Muslims have had.

* The original Atlantic Monthly article, in three parts.
* One Muslim reply
* One examination of the textual variants
* Islamic Awareness

Will you accept any of the critical sources as anything but "lies?" I have my doubts, because just like most Christians who reject criticism of their Bible, most Muslims cannot even consider the possibility that their text is the work of man, not of God.

Ayura

BANNED
Banned
Justin (Wiccan) said:
I can provide you with the evidence ... however, I am already aware of the reaction that some Muslims have had.

* The original Atlantic Monthly article, in three parts.
* One Muslim reply
* One examination of the textual variants
* Islamic Awareness

Will you accept any of the critical sources as anything but "lies?" I have my doubts, because just like most Christians who reject criticism of their Bible, most Muslims cannot even consider the possibility that their text is the work of man, not of God.

*The Refute to the textual variant claim is posted on the exact same website :)

Please - I do not reccomend anyone posting or getting anything from "answering-islam" because everything they have put forth has been answered by another site. I will not post the site because I do not want to be a hypocrite like some people (no names mentioned).

I'll post the other links to a friend to see what he has to say.

Salam.

wholearmor

allsmiles said:
:chuckle: Justin might be a lot of things but he is not mixed up or confused.

Anyone who doesn't believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God is mixed up and confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.