What does "Allahu Akbar" mean?

What does "Allahu Akbar" mean?

• Total voters

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
With reference to your particular context, 'Allahu Akbar' means that Allah, the god of Islam, is greater than YHVH, the GOD of Israelites and Christians.
Shalom.

What do you mean by saying my particular context?

Shalom.

Jacob

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know.

I just wanted to add a few more facts in joke format.
Atta boy!

happy-jumping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Nice to have folks here with common sense and a sense of humor.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Your frame of reference, your world view, your perspective, as claiming Judaism and Christianity.
Shalom.

I am a Jew. Jewish. Judaism. Israel. A proselyte and a convert. I do not know about my frame of reference, world view, perspective, faith, religion... and I do not know about Christianity in this. I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation. I believe Yeshua to be the Messiah.

Shalom.

Jacob

Danoh

Shalom.

No. I did not. I responded to the OP and waited for feedback.

Shalom.

Jacob

They hold to that phrase in the same sense that they hold that Allah is the same God that Abraham had worshipped.

They are off on that about the God of Abraham, but that is what they mean by that phrase - they view it in the same sense that God in the OT is viewed by His faithful as greater than any thing that might befall one.

If there is any "battle cry" in it, it is not in the sense it is misconstrued by some and by bigots and the ignorant within so called Christianity, the so called "battle cry" is in response to any sense of anxiety one might experience in life - Abraham when he hoped against hope, at the end of Romans 4 and in his response to various events, and that of his fellow Hebrews in Hebrews 11 - that kind of "God is greater" no matter what comes one's way.

God is (the) greater.

That in Arabic:

Allah 'akbar

The following, in Arabic:

"greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world"

'akbar hu 'anah fikum mimaa hu ealayh fi alealam

Rom. 5:8.

Last edited:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Shalom.

I am a Jew. Jewish. Judaism. Israel. A proselyte and a convert. I do not know about my frame of reference, world view, perspective, faith, religion... and I do not know about Christianity in this. I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation. I believe Yeshua to be the Messiah.

Shalom.

Jacob

There ya' go.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They hold to that phrase in the same sense that they hold that Allah is the same God that Abraham had worshipped.

They are off on that about the God of Abraham, but that is what they mean by that phrase - they view it in the same sense that God in the OT is viewed by His faithful as greater than any thing that might befall one.

If there is any "battle cry" in it, it is not in the sense it is misconstrued by some and by bigots and the ignorant within so called Christianity, the so called "battle cry" is in response to any sense of anxiety one might experience in life - Abraham when he hoped against hope, at the end of Romans 4 and in his response to various events, and that of his fellow Hebrews in Hebrews 11 - that kind of "God is greater" no matter what comes one's way.

Rom. 5:8.
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

Please do not fall for the above fluff job on Islam to cover up their evil intents.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Islam's Allah is not YHWH.
Allah is not greater than YHWH.
Allah is not the greatest.

"Allahu Akbar" means Allah is greater or Allah is greatest.

"Allahu Akbar" is a LIE.

glorydaz

Strictly translated into English the phrase actually becomes "God is greater" as in "My God is greater!", hence the battle cry of the killing Muslim that actually follows their "holy book". These are what the media, hoping to rehabilitate Islam, refer to as "radicalized" Muslims, when in fact they are but orthodox Muslims actually following what their book claims, while the "Muslim is a religion of peace" Muslim is the equivalent of a liberal professing (not possessing) "Christian". Don't take the bait. ;)

The famous Muslim scholar and “father of modern history” Ibn Khaldun (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Khaldun) states the dichotomy between jihad and defensive warfare thus:

In the Muslim community, the holy war [i.e. jihad] is a religious duty, because of the universalism of the Muslim mission and the obligation to convert everybody to Islam either by persuasion or by force...The other religious groups did not have a universal mission, and the holy war was not a religious duty for them, save only for purposes of defense...They are merely required to establish their religion among their own people. That is why the Israelites after Moses and Joshua remained unconcerned with royal authority [e.g. a “caliphate”]. Their only concern was to establish their religion [not spread it to the nations]…But Islam is under obligation to gain power over other nations (The Muqudimmah, vol. 1 pg. 473).​

AMR

It's a battle cry.
The Hadith, which is a set of additional Muslim texts written after the Koran, describe how the prophet Mohamed prepared to attack the Jews in Khaibar in 628 CE. As he begins the battle, he shouts “Allahu Akbar.”

The exact quote from the Hadith is: “The Prophet set out for Khaibar and reached it at night. He used not to attack if he reached the people at night, till the day broke. So, when the day dawned, the Jews came out with their bags and spades. When they saw the Prophet; they said, ‘Muhammad and his army!’ The Prophet said, ‘Allahu Akbar! (Allah is Greater) and Khaibar is ruined, for whenever we approach a nation [i.e. enemy to fight] then it will be a miserable morning for those who have been warned.’” “Allahu” is the nominative form of the word “Allah,” the name of God in Islam. It is not God. There is a significant difference between the name of God and the word “god.”

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Allahu-Akbar-468684

Indeed, Danoh is a liberal who prefers CNN to facts like the above.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

Please do not fall for the above fluff job on Islam to cover up their evil intents.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Play it out. What's the threat in not understanding what this phase means?

If I said, "I'm going to kill you!" with full intention of carrying it out and because of a semantical language barrier, you thought I was saying, "Come over to my house and have a nice meal with my family!", would it make any difference?

I expect that you meant 'phrase' but as pertaining to 'phase', this information is applicable:

"The Four Stages of Islamic Conquest"

https://civilusdefendus.wordpress.com/civil-defense/4-stages-of-islamic-conquest/

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No kidding.
We have heard reports all over the nation of parents very upset that schools are making their children learn and recite creeds of Islam and demonstrate prayer practices of Islam.

Why on earth would this curriculum of making children give homage to some pagan god ever be implemented in American public schools of children in the first place?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
No kidding.
We have heard reports all over the nation of parents very upset that schools are making their children learn and recite creeds of Islam and demonstrate prayer practices of Islam.

Why on earth would this curriculum of making children give homage to some pagan god ever be implemented in American public schools of children in the first place?
Is this what you're referring to?

https://www.snopes.com/politics/education/revere.asp
CLAIM: Students in Revere, Massachusetts, were forced to recite an Islamic conversion prayer.

MIXTURE
TRUE: Students in a Massachusetts school were taught an Islamic creed (Shahada) as part of a social studies lesson on Islam.
FALSE: Students in that school were forced to recite the Shahada and “officially converted to Islam” by that process.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If I said, "I'm going to kill you!" with full intention of carrying it out and because of a semantical language barrier, you thought I was saying, "Come over to my house and have a nice meal with my family!", would it make any difference?

I'm not sure that would actually happen though.