What is God's definition of sin?

OZOS

Does it not?
Sin is in the world, irrespective of man's knowledge. The Law was brought in to reveal it. You don't know if Cain knew that it was "opposition to God" to slay his brother. I contend that Cain sinned because he is a sinner. Can slew his brother BECAUSE he was a slave to sin. Abel was a slave to sin also, but he chose to believe God. You agreed that it's about faith, and not about behavior, that defines sin, and while unbelief is "opposition to God", all men are sinners because one man chose independence. I accept your "opposition of God" definition, only in light of unbelief, not in light of law. You chose the latter.

Right Divider

Body part
Sin is in the world, irrespective of man's knowledge.
Duh
The Law was brought in to reveal it.
Duh
You don't know if Cain knew that it was "opposition to God" to slay his brother.
I never said any such thing. Zealots like you see what they want to see.
I contend that Cain sinned because he is a sinner.
Good for you.
Can slew his brother BECAUSE he was a slave to sin. Abel was a slave to sin also, but he chose to believe God.
Ok
You agreed that it's about faith, and not about behavior, that defines sin, and while unbelief is "opposition to God", all men are sinners because one man chose independence.
Sin always starts in the mind of a man and not in his hands or feet.
I accept your "opposition of God" definition, only in light of unbelief, not in light of law. You chose the latter.
You continue to make up things about what I say (i.e., you lie).

Last edited: