What is God's definition of sin?

Right Divider

Body part
Wow, you can't even follow a conversation. This explains your inability to comprehend the Bible too. Take your own advice and do something else with your time.
You are the very definition of "holier than thou". Welcome to my ignore list.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
In my theology Sin is "defined as deliberate disloyalty to Deity. There are degrees of disloyalty: the partial loyalty of indecision; the divided loyalty of confliction; the dying loyalty of indifference; and the death of loyalty exhibited in devotion to godless ideals."

marke

From Gotquestions.org

Another type of sin is known as imputed sin. Used in both financial and legal settings, the Greek word translated “imputed” means “to take something that belongs to someone and credit it to another’s account.” Before the Law of Moses was given, sin was not imputed to man, although men were still sinners because of inherited sin. After the Law was given, sins committed in violation of the Law were imputed (accounted) to them (Romans 5:13). Even before transgressions of the law were imputed to men, the ultimate penalty for sin (death) continued to reign (Romans 5:14). All humans, from Adam to Moses, were subject to death, not because of their sinful acts against the Mosaic Law (which they did not have), but because of their own inherited sinful nature. After Moses, humans were subject to death both because of inherited sin from Adam and imputed sin from violating the laws of God.
Adam's sin is never imputed to any other sinner. Also, a sinner's own sins are not imputed unto him when in ignorance, which you alluded to in Romans 5:13. God reconciled the world unto Himself in Christ, not imputing sinners' sins unto them, but only if they believed God's command to be reconciled to God.

2 Corinthians 5:19​

“To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.”

marke

"For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners"

You really have no business discussing God's word with anyone.
Do you want to discuss the Word of God or just condemn those who do? I believe the idea that babies are condemned for Adam's sin at birth is an error. However, if you do not agree why not just say that and explain from the Scriptures why you disagree?

OZOS

Do you want to discuss the Word of God or just condemn those who do?
You don't "discuss" God's word. Whenever confronted by God's word, concerning many various topics, you favor your own words over God's.

marke

You don't "discuss" God's word. Whenever confronted by God's word, concerning many various topics, you favor your own words over God's.
Let's work together to improve our discussion. I will post supporting verses for why I disagree with you and you can post verses supporting why you disagree with me.

Right Divider

Body part
Let's work together to improve our discussion. I will post supporting verses for why I disagree with you and you can post verses supporting why you disagree with me.
Verse against verse will prove nothing.

That's your problem. You are shortsighted and cannot see the big picture.

marke

"For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners"

You really have no business discussing God's word with anyone.
Adam's sin is imparted to all men, not imputed. The Bible is clear. There are several verses that clearly show God has not imputed Adam's sin to a certain group of sinners.

Romans 5:13
(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

OZOS

Adam's sin is imparted to all men, not imputed. The Bible is clear. There are several verses that clearly show God has not imputed Adam's sin to a certain group of sinners.

(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

2 Corinthians 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
You have to be the most Biblically illiterate person on the planet. I no longer care to speak with such a complete moron. Go to hell, I couldn't care less. 2 Cor 5:19 and Rom 5:13 are talking about two completely different things, you retard. This is why you are a mess, because you see a WORD and it triggers in you things that are out of the context of a discussion. You're an imbecile and a waste of time for anyone who might be cursed to know you.

To anyone else who listens to that idiot...

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned"

Men sin because they are dead. Sin reigns in death.

"Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the violation committed by Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come."

"The Law came in so that the offense would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, so also grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

marke

You have to be the most Biblically illiterate person on the planet. I no longer care to speak with such a complete moron. Go to hell, I couldn't care less. 2 Cor 5:19 and Rom 5:13 are talking about two completely different things, you retard. This is why you are a mess, because you see a WORD and it triggers in you things that are out of the context of a discussion. You're an imbecile and a waste of time for anyone who might be cursed to know you.

To anyone else who listens to that idiot...

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned"

Men sin because they are dead. Sin reigns in death.

"Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the violation committed by Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come."

"The Law came in so that the offense would increase; but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, so also grace would reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
Of course all men are sinners because of Adam. That still does not mean that Adam's sin is imputed to sinners when there is no law.

OZOS

Of course all men are sinners because of Adam. That still does not mean that Adam's sin is imputed to sinners when there is no law.

You idiot. The wages of sin is death. Adam sinned, everyone is dead, because of Adam's sin. Jesus died for our sins, but His death saves no one. Why? Because men still need to be made alive. Men sin, because they are dead. They are dead because of one man's sin. That's what Paul just said. It matters not that their sin is not imputed, but that men are dead because of another man's sin. That is what Paul is saying. Your stupidity is beyond the scope of believability.

marke

You idiot. The wages of sin is death. Adam sinned, everyone is dead, because of Adam's sin. Jesus died for our sins, but His death saves no one. Why? Because men still need to be made alive. Men sin, because they are dead. They are dead because of one man's sin. That's what Paul just said. It matters not that their sin is not imputed, but that men are dead because of another man's sin. That is what Paul is saying. Your stupidity is beyond the scope of believability.
You should watch your language. All men die physically because of Adam but nobody goes to hell because of Adam because Jesus took away the sin of the world when He died on the cross. However, there is one sin that was not covered in the atonement and that is rejecting the light clearly given to every sinner by the Holy Spirit.

John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Mark 3:27-29
King James Version

27 No man can enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.
28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

OZOS

You should watch your language.
LOL. I am, that's why I carefully and thoughtfully called you an "idiot".
All men die physically because of Adam but nobody goes to hell because of Adam because Jesus took away the sin of the world when He died on the cross.
No, that is not what the Bible teaches at all. You are, once again, perverting God's word and have no clue what it teaches.

This is just more evidence that you have absolutely no idea what death is, or what salvation is.

Adam died the DAY he ate. Death is separation. Adam was separated from the life of God. Salvation is receiving the life of God.
All men are dead, because of one man's sin, and all men sin because they are dead. "Sin reigns in death".

You don't understand any of this, so talking to you is like talking to a donkey's butt.

"And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses"

Your Universalist view is heresy. Forgiveness of sins is IN HIM, in His life. You must be IN HIM, to be forgiven, but you don't have a clue what being IN HIM means.

Just as those who are IN HIM are alive because of His obedience, all men are condemned because of Adam's disobedience.

YOU ARE A LIAR, and A FALSE TEACHER.

"Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous."