What is the all time worse marriage listed in the Bible?

Caledvwlch

David had a hell of a mess with his wives and affairs. And then there was the curious "bro-mance" he had going on with Jonathan. It always resonated on the "gay side" as far as I could tell.

David wasn't a Tudor by any chance, was he?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Seriously. If you just go with the 6-day creation reading, they might have been just a few days old when they ate the fruit. Even if it took them a couple of years to do the animal-naming and all that, it still turns out to be a pretty harsh punishment for a snacking infraction by a couple of overgrown toddlers. :chuckle:
And the toddlers had tantrums! It ain't easy raisin' kids.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The marriage between David and Michal, Saul's daughter, had to be one of the worst marriages in the Bible, at least from her perspective?

Manic depressive father who sells you off to a spiteful husband? Yeah, you might have a point there.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
The marriage between David and Michal, Saul's daughter, had to be one of the worst marriages in the Bible, at least from her perspective?

From her perspective? That was a macho world she lived in.

Question: Why are there 500,000 battered women in America each year?

Answer: Because the b---hes just won't listen.

That was her problem. She wouldn't listen.

And really that has been Isreal's prob the whole time. She won't listen. So she gets beaten.

Caledvwlch

And really that has been Isreal's prob the whole time. She won't listen. So she gets beaten.

I know you opened this thread, but geez, did you have to go all dark with it?

bybee

Or another perspective: Why are there 500,000 women battered every year in America along with countless beaten children and other assorted defenseless persons? Because some men will not control their tempers? Because some men believe themselves superior to some other men and all women?
Because bullies ALWAYS justify their own depraved behavior and ALWAYS blame the victims of their depravity!
By the way David never laid a rough hand on a woman. He loved God, loved his children and loved all of his wives except Michal.
I suspect you are a very dangerous person.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Or another perspective: Why are there 500,000 women battered every year in America along with countless beaten children and other assorted defenseless persons? Because some men will not control their tempers? Because some men believe themselves superior to some other men and all women?
Because bullies ALWAYS justify their own depraved behavior and ALWAYS blame the victims of their depravity!
By the way David never laid a rough hand on a woman. He loved God, loved his children and loved all of his wives except Michal.

The entire Bathsheba bit is...questionable, at best.

bybee

The entire Bathsheba bit is...questionable, at best.

It is a dandy story though. It does show David's "Achilles Heel"!
Also it is meant to convey (I believe) God's incredible mercy and forgiveness. But, David, who is shown in the Bible to be a loving father, bore the brunt of his sin through the death of his baby.
His grief was inconsolable.
David was a many splendored man, both saint and sinner.
The two books of Samuel are among the most thought producing in the whole of Scripture.
When I was a little child in Sunday school I got goosebumps over the story of The Lord calling out to Samuel when he was in the service of Eli.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It is a dandy story though. It does show David's "Achilles Heel"!
Also it is meant to convey (I believe) God's incredible mercy and forgiveness. But, David, who is shown in the Bible to be a loving father, bore the brunt of his sin through the death of his baby.
His grief was inconsolable.
David was a many splendored man, both saint and sinner.
The two books of Samuel are among the most thought producing in the whole of Scripture.
When I was a little child in Sunday school I got goosebumps over the story of The Lord calling out to Samuel when he was in the service of Eli.

A novel written from Bathsheba's perspective from start to finish throughout the entire affair (heh) would be interesting.

bybee

A novel written from Bathsheba's perspective from start to finish throughout the entire affair (heh) would be interesting.

There is a work of fiction called "David the King" by Gladys Schmidt.
She does a great job of fleshing out David and the people in his life.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:thumb:

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Divorce is a loop hole in the Law created because of the hardness of their hearts. But in the beginning it was not so.

What this means is that you cannot divorce your spouse and remain perfect in the eyes of the Law. Your spouse can divorce you and that does not affect your righteousness. But you cannot divorce your spouse and remain righteous as it was meant to be in the beginning.

The loop holes are
Fornication
Abandonment

Jehovah divorced Isreal.

We can use this fact against the War god to defeat him. And that is exactly what Christianity has done.

RBBI

Technically, Adam and Eve weren't married; they were one (until the fall). Then the only way they could be one was sexual union. Just sayin.....;)