What is the "plain reading" of this scripture?

Interplanner

Nope. You go with the historical meaning unless clearly shown otherwise. Acts 2:5 is every nation under heaven but there was no one there from Argentina or Tanzania. You have to go with the historical sense or meaning unless shown otherwise.

there were other kingdoms next to Rome's perimeter, so other kingdoms would have been seen. If it took place in Judea, they would have seen Idumea and Nabatea in addition to Rome. Maybe Egypt, too.

Livelystone

Nope. You go with the historical meaning unless clearly shown otherwise. Acts 2:5 is every nation under heaven but there was no one there from Argentina or Tanzania. You have to go with the historical sense or meaning unless shown otherwise.

Baloney, God is spirit with a soul, God's Word is spirit and food for the seed that is Christ in us to grow into the image and likeness of God, and because we are called to worship Him in spirit and in truth

As far as what I have highlighted of your words in red you have absolutely no scripture to support your case ,,,,,,,,,,,,, Zilch as in nada !!!

there were other kingdoms next to Rome's perimeter, so other kingdoms would have been seen. If it took place in Judea, they would have seen Idumea and Nabatea in addition to Rome. Maybe Egypt, too.

The Horizion is 20 milles on a good day and more from altitude but no where near the distance of other counties mentioned in Israel's History....... for sure if you are looking at Damascus you cannot see either Bayblon or Egypt let alone Ethopia

You are continually trying to bend the Bible to fit your personal doctrines that are against the truth in God'd Word........ you need to cease from doing this or pay the penalty for any you lead astray

Furthermore, if you had half the knowledge you think you have you would be twice as smart as you are

Fair enough?

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
I'm aware most of y'all are literal YEC's, but I'd still be interested on what you folks think of Hugh Ross and his view of the universe and Bible. I can start another thread if you'd like, but I'll test the water here. :wave:

Jose Fly

Not a physical mountain and Satan was showing Jesus the spiritual kingdoms of the spirit and soul of all of mankind that authority over was given to satan when God passed judgement on all who were part of the fall in the garden

Power over them that he said had been given to him for him to give to who ever he wished was what he was trying to tempt Jesus with

So it was a metaphor?

musterion

I'm aware most of y'all are literal YEC's, but I'd still be interested on what you folks think of Hugh Ross and his view of the universe and Bible. I can start another thread if you'd like, but I'll test the water here. :wave:

His view is simply a means to try to make the purported billions of years of evolution compatible with the Bible, in order to somehow make Christianity more appealing. My opinion.