What is your answer to "The Race Problem"?

Alate_One

What is the "race problem"? The disproportionate outcomes in the United States of people from different racial groups. Higher incarceration rates, higher rates of poverty, lower rates of educational attainment. Etc.

malesinc.jpg

More breakdown on incarceration rates
Spoiler

incarc-rate-by-race-gender-web.png

Poverty Rates
chart_race.jpg

Higher Unemployment rate for the same Educational attainment.

unemployment-race-education-wa.png

So what is the cause of this?
Racism?
Culture?
Motivation?
Societal Structure?
Genetics?
Something else?

(this would be a bit better as a poll ;) )

For those interested in exploring the question I highly recommend the book: Divided by Faith: Evangelical Religion and the Problem of Race in America.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
What is the "race problem"? The disproportionate outcomes in the United States of people from different racial groups. Higher incarceration rates, higher rates of poverty, lower rates of educational attainment. Etc.

malesinc.jpg

Spoiler

Poverty Rates
chart_race.jpg

Racism?
Culture?
Motivation?
Societal Structure?
Genetics?
Something else?

For those interested in exploring the question I highly recommend the book: Divided by Faith: Evangelical Religion and the Problem of Race in America.

There is no race problem.
We are all one race.

These are some of the problems facing the human race.

The Berean

malesinc.jpg

Spoiler

Poverty Rates
chart_race.jpg

Racism?
Culture?
Motivation?
Societal Structure?
Genetics?
Something else?

Probably some combination of all of the above? :idunno:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
More blacks commit crimes as a percentage? You're racist.

Last edited:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

malesinc.jpg

Spoiler

Poverty Rates
chart_race.jpg

Racism?
Culture?
Motivation?
Societal Structure?
Genetics?
Something else?

See Jesus in everyone you meet. Don't waste time.

Alate_One

There is no race problem.
We are all one race.

These are some of the problems facing the human race.

Drive into inner cities in major midwestern towns and you see people with one particular skin tone. Go out to the suburbs and you see a different skin tone.

Biologically speaking there is no such thing as "race". But in American society there are clearly different outcomes depending on your (socially constructed) race. What is the cause?

You don't get to answer the question by avoiding it.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Thank liberalism for creating a welfare state, an entire entitlement society that enables people to not achieve and gives them the avenue not to. Thank liberalism for the destruction of the family and the lauding of single parent families , destruction of the family is at the core of all America's woes. Thank liberalism for erasing consequence for bad decisions, for bad behavior and for telling everyone that they are winners instead of instilling the values & virtue that breed success. Thank liberalism for erasing God from society...sowing to the wind reaping the whirlwind of a godless nation devoid of hope & direction. The liberal ideology in all it's pseudo-forward thinking has single handedly destroyed civil society and impoverished the nation...there is no race problem, these are problems bred from godless liberals & consequence of their ideologies realized.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Thank liberalism for creating a welfare state, an entire entitlement society that enables people to not achieve and gives them the avenue not to. Thank liberalism for the destruction of the family and the lauding of single parent families , destruction of the family is at the core of all America's woes. Thank liberalism for erasing consequence for bad decisions, for bad behavior and for telling everyone that they are winners instead of instilling the values & virtue that breed success. Thank liberalism for erasing God from society...sowing to the wind reaping the whirlwind of a godless nation devoid of hope & direction. The liberal ideology in all it's pseudo-forward thinking has single handedly destroyed civil society and impoverished the nation...there is no race problem, these are problems bred from godless liberals & consequence of their ideologies realized.

Thank conservatism for blaming everything on liberalism.

fzappa13

Drive into inner cities in major midwestern towns and you see people with one particular skin tone. Go out to the suburbs and you see a different skin tone.

Biologically speaking there is no such thing as "race". But in American society there are clearly different outcomes depending on your (socially constructed) race. What is the cause?

You don't get to answer the question by avoiding it.

Your right , the really funny part is you don't understand why. Let me put in terms you might better understand. "Birds of a feather flock together."

You gotta problem with that?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Well, mine has less hyperbole than yours, sorry about that. I did the best I could. :)

No Hyperbole, just fact and obviously cold hard facts that liberals such as yourself are not willing to own...another hallmark of liberals, making messes and blaming others for them. At least own your mistakes...it goes with that line I wrote about consequences.

glorydaz

Exactly, and we can also thank liberalism for the current rise in racial tensions. They're the ones who elected Obama who attended a church whose pastor damned America and promoted this whole idea that black lives matter more than any others.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
No Hyperbole, just fact and obviously cold hard facts that liberals such as yourself are not willing to own...another hallmark of liberals, making messes and blaming others for them. At least own your mistakes...it goes with that line I wrote about consequences.

Yes, hyperbole. Apocalyptic, end-times, come Lord Jesus language. You're so used to using it that it sounds like everyday language to you. I grew up with it, I've been surrounded by it my whole life. It's so familiar, it's like hearing my native tongue.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Yes, hyperbole. Apocalyptic, end-times, come Lord Jesus language. You're so used to using it that it sounds like everyday language to you. I grew up with it, I've been surrounded by it my whole life. It's so familiar, it's like hearing my native tongue.

Maybe you should have listened you might have a better insight on why society is in trouble, and who's ideology has brought it to where we are today. Denial is not a river in Egypt...:juggle:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:rotfl:
Exactly, and we can also thank liberalism for the current rise in racial tensions. They're the ones who elected Obama who attended a church whose pastor damned America and promoted this whole idea that black lives matter more than any others.

:juggle:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

malesinc.jpg

Spoiler

Poverty Rates
chart_race.jpg

Racism?
Culture?
Motivation?
Societal Structure?
Genetics?
Something else?

Slavery