ECT What is your definition of a Christian? What is scriptures definition?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Well what most on here hide from is the fact that one can fall from grace, be disqualified, or even fall short of salvation.

2 Cor 13:5-6
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
6 But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 9:27
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:4
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Heb 12:15
15 looking diligently lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;
(NKJ)

IMJerusha

The truest definition of "Christian" is "one who is in Christ."

That happens only upon believing the Gospel of the grace of God, which Paul called "my Gospel," and no other.

Any and all who have believed or are believing another gospel, or an admixture of the grace Gospel with another, is not saved. Such a person has, himself, rejected God's grace in Christ and is thereby self-condemned.

What is the #1 common factor among all the many false gospels in Christendom?

Religious works or righteousness - not done in gratitude for having been justified by God - but in an effort to BE justified, STAY justified or to PROVE he/she is justified, which is expressly precluded during this dispensation of grace.

So faith in Yeshua isn't enough? I thought that a Christian is one who has faith in Yeshua.

IMJerusha

You seek to know him according to the flesh. That will be your undoing, lest you repent of it.

I wouldn't begin to know how to know Him according to the flesh except that in my flesh I accepted Him. What He led me to after that is not according to the flesh but according to the Ruach, unless you believe that God and Yeshua live in willful sin or you can live in willful sin and still be in Yeshua. Yeshua says otherwise in John 15. So I'll ask my question again...is faith in Yeshua not enough?

Livelystone

So faith in Yeshua isn't enough? I thought that a Christian is one who has faith in Yeshua.

One thing about faith is it is not just about how much you believe but what you believe about Him, His Father, and the hope of the vision for us to become as they are.

I think you are on a pretty good path towards fulfilling the vision of the fulness of Him formed in us because the one who started you on this path will see you through to the end

Mal. 3:16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

17 And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

IMJerusha

I think you are on a pretty good path towards fulfilling the vision of the fulness of Him formed in us because the one who started you on this path will see you through to the end.

This is His promise for all who call upon Him in faith and hope. :)

musterion

I wouldn't begin to know how to know Him according to the flesh except that in my flesh I accepted Him. What He led me to after that is not according to the flesh but according to the Ruach, unless you believe that God and Yeshua live in willful sin or you can live in willful sin and still be in Yeshua. Yeshua says otherwise in John 15. So I'll ask my question again...is faith in Yeshua not enough?

The way you think you know Him is exactly the way we're told we cannot anymore.

OCTOBER23

You cannot be a Christian if..

YOU ARE A CATHOLIC OR PROTESTANT

YOU KEEP CHRISTMAS / EASTER

YOU BOW TO IDOLS

YOU CALL PRIESTS "FATHER"

YOU KEEP SUNDAY

oatmeal

You cannot be a Christian if..

YOU ARE A CATHOLIC OR PROTESTANT

YOU KEEP CHRISTMAS / EASTER

YOU BOW TO IDOLS

YOU CALL PRIESTS "FATHER"

YOU KEEP SUNDAY

Are you joking? or serious? I cannot tell.

Scripture references?

Or opinion?

oatmeal

Well what most on here hide from is the fact that one can fall from grace, be disqualified, or even fall short of salvation.

2 Cor 13:5-6
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
6 But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 9:27
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:4
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.
(NKJ)

Heb 12:15
15 looking diligently lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;
(NKJ)

Indeed we need to make sure we measure up to living the standard of truth..

But our mistakes or shortcomings do not undo the gift of salvation.

The gift of salvation is permanent for it is the gift of eternal life.

Romans 6:23