What Kind of Body Did Jesus have Post Resurrection?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
He was born of the Spirit. Nobody could tell where he came from or where he went (like the wind) when he appeared from nowhere behind locked doors, and vanished from their sight.

Like being born of the Spirit makes one magic?

You seem to be mistaking being glorified with being born of the Spirit.

john w

Hall of Fame
Okey Dokey.

Thanks for noticing.

Seems to me you like to contradict yourself.

If I'm the contrast how is it that you like me then call me a junkie?

I guess I should consider myself lucky you didn't start hissing. :plain:
Translated: Where is my bong, and my Big Bambu rolling papers, uh, urr, ....?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Oh wait! That's what Jesus said.

In John 3:8 Jesus said, "The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit."

Who's going to believe that?

Nice one, sis. :)

john w

Hall of Fame
My bong's loaded with truth.

Yer's ..... Doctrine of men.

The old "Doctrine of men" stumper, that is employed by those who have no "argument," and can be used to "answer" any argument. And you have the "doctrine of God," junkie?

Lilstu

Paul wrote about the dead discarding their old body and being clothed in a new body.

But when Jesus resurrected he still had his old body reinvigorated.
1) His body was missing from the tomb because he was still wearing it.
2) Thomas got to examine the wounds of Jesus' old body post resurrection.
3) In Luke's Gospel Jesus shows them his old body to show the Apostles he is still the same Jesus in his original body.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Like being born of the Spirit makes one magic?

You seem to be mistaking being glorified with being born of the Spirit.

You don't believe John 3

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You don't believe John 3

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.

What's that got to do with walking through walls?

fzappa13

With what kind of body was Jesus resurrected?
This is an important question. Was Jesus resurrected with a fleshly body or with a spiritual body?

Both.

Once you finally grasp this you will understand the ordinance of the priests robes. It was prophecy of that which was yet to come. It spoke of a time in which there would be those that took on the body necessary to tend to God in the holy of holies and took on another to tend to unregenerated (resurrected) man. This speaks to the time that those who are first resurrected deal with those who are not during the 1000 year reign of Christ.

For a deeper understanding of this try Eze 40 - 48.

Other pertinent scriptures available upon request.