ECT what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it speaketh to them that are under the law; that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may be brought under the judgment of God: (*Romans‬ *3‬:*19‬ ASV)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Again I will accuse you of combining God's universal laws with the Law of Moses and you are teaching false doctrine. The law of Christ is the rule of life for the believer.

Again you refuse to answer this allegation. That is a sign of weakness friend.
I don't even know what a universal law is. I only know about God's Law, in terms of being a believer. The law of Christ does not abrogate or contradict the Law of Moses, God's Law.

I refused what? I don't even know what you are talking about or why you feel you are making allegations and I am not answering them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it speaketh to them that are under the law; that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may be brought under the judgment of God: (*Romans‬ *3‬:*19‬ ASV)
Correct, and that it does.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

For there is a disannulling of a foregoing commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness (for the law made nothing perfect), and a bringing in thereupon of a better hope, through which we draw nigh unto God. (*Hebrews‬ *7‬:*12, 18-19‬ ASV)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

For there is a disannulling of a foregoing commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness (for the law made nothing perfect), and a bringing in thereupon of a better hope, through which we draw nigh unto God. (*Hebrews‬ *7‬:*12, 18-19‬ ASV)
Correct.

But that is not the law of Christ.

Doom

The Sabbath command is mentioned and we have Jesus' words in Matthew 5.

"For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
To me your word repeat could have meant to reiterate.

Matthew 5:17 NASB - "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill.

Matthew 5:18 NASB - "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Matthew 5:19 NASB - "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:20 NASB - "For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

ECT: The Fourth Commandment - Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy

Matthew 12:1 At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath, and His disciples became hungry and began to pick the heads {of grain} and eat.

Matthew 12:2 But when the Pharisees saw {this,} they said to Him, "Look, Your disciples do what is not lawful to do on a Sabbath."

Matthew 12:5 "Or have you not read in the Law, that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple break the Sabbath and are innocent?

Matthew 12:8 "For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath."

Matthew 12:10 And a man {was there} whose hand was withered. And they questioned Jesus, asking, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"--so that they might accuse Him.

Matthew 12:11 And He said to them, "What man is there among you who has a sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will he not take hold of it and lift it out?

Matthew 12:12 "How much more valuable then is a man than a sheep! So then, it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."

Matthew 24:20 "But pray that your flight will not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath.

Mark 1:21 They went into Capernaum; and immediately on the Sabbath He entered the synagogue and {began} to teach.

Mark 2:23 And it happened that He was passing through the grainfields on the Sabbath, and His disciples began to make their way along while picking the heads {of grain.}

Mark 2:24 The Pharisees were saying to Him, "Look, why are they doing what is not lawful on the Sabbath?"

Mark 2:27 Jesus said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.

Mark 2:28 "So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

Mark 3:2 They were watching Him {to see} if He would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse Him.

Mark 3:4 And He said to them, "Is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the Sabbath, to save a life or to kill?" But they kept silent.

Mark 6:2 When the Sabbath came, He began to teach in the synagogue; and the many listeners were astonished, saying, "Where did this man {get} these things, and what is {this} wisdom given to Him, and such miracles as these performed by His hands?

Mark 16:1 When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the {mother} of James, and Salome, bought spices, so that they might come and anoint Him.

Luke 4:16 And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up; and as was His custom, He entered the synagogue on the Sabbath, and stood up to read.

Luke 4:31 And He came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and He was teaching them on the Sabbath;

Luke 6:1 Now it happened that He was passing through {some} grainfields on a Sabbath; and His disciples were picking the heads of grain, rubbing them in their hands, and eating {the grain.}

Luke 6:2 But some of the Pharisees said, "Why do you do what is not lawful on the Sabbath?"

Luke 6:5 And He was saying to them, "The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath."

Luke 6:6 On another Sabbath He entered the synagogue and was teaching; and there was a man there whose right hand was withered.

Luke 6:7 The scribes and the Pharisees were watching Him closely {to see} if He healed on the Sabbath, so that they might find {reason} to accuse Him.

Luke 6:9 And Jesus said to them, "I ask you, is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the Sabbath, to save a life or to destroy it?"

Luke 13:10 And He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath.

Luke 13:14 But the synagogue official, indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, {began} saying to the crowd in response, "There are six days in which work should be done; so come during them and get healed, and not on the Sabbath day."

Luke 13:15 But the Lord answered him and said, "You hypocrites, does not each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or his donkey from the stall and lead him away to water {him?}

Luke 13:16 "And this woman, a daughter of Abraham as she is, whom Satan has bound for eighteen long years, should she not have been released from this bond on the Sabbath day?"

Luke 14:1 It happened that when He went into the house of one of the leaders of the Pharisees on {the} Sabbath to eat bread, they were watching Him closely.

Luke 14:3 And Jesus answered and spoke to the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath, or not?"

Luke 14:5 And He said to them, "Which one of you will have a son or an ox fall into a well, and will not immediately pull him out on a Sabbath day?"

Luke 23:54 It was the preparation day, and the Sabbath was about to begin.

Luke 23:56 Then they returned and prepared spices and perfumes. And on the Sabbath they rested according to the commandment.

John 5:9 Immediately the man became well, and picked up his pallet and {began} to walk. Now it was the Sabbath on that day.

John 5:10 So the Jews were saying to the man who was cured, "It is the Sabbath, and it is not permissible for you to carry your pallet."

John 5:16 For this reason the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because He was doing these things on the Sabbath.

John 5:18 For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

John 7:22 "For this reason Moses has given you circumcision (not because it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and on {the} Sabbath you circumcise a man.

John 7:23 "If a man receives circumcision on {the} Sabbath so that the Law of Moses will not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made an entire man well on {the} Sabbath?

John 9:14 Now it was a Sabbath on the day when Jesus made the clay and opened his eyes.

John 9:16 Therefore some of the Pharisees were saying, "This man is not from God, because He does not keep the Sabbath." But others were saying, "How can a man who is a sinner perform such signs?" And there was a division among them.

John 19:31 Then the Jews, because it was the day of preparation, so that the bodies would not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and {that} they might be taken away.

Acts 1:12 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day's journey away.

Acts 13:14 But going on from Perga, they arrived at Pisidian Antioch, and on the Sabbath day they went into the synagogue and sat down.

Acts 13:27 "For those who live in Jerusalem, and their rulers, recognizing neither Him nor the utterances of the prophets which are read every Sabbath, fulfilled {these} by condemning {Him.}

Acts 13:42 As Paul and Barnabas were going out, the people kept begging that these things might be spoken to them the next Sabbath.

Acts 13:44 The next Sabbath nearly the whole city assembled to hear the word of the Lord.

Acts 15:21 "For Moses from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath."

Acts 16:13 And on the Sabbath day we went outside the gate to a riverside, where we were supposing that there would be a place of prayer; and we sat down and began speaking to the women who had assembled.

Acts 18:4 And he was reasoning in the synagogue every Sabbath and trying to persuade Jews and Greeks.

Colossians 2:16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day--

Hebrews 4:4 NASB - For He has said somewhere concerning the seventh day: "AND GOD RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS";

Hebrews 4:9 So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth."
Shalom.

Would you like to share anything else?

Who do you believe to be the testator?

Doom

It has not been explained to me.
Jesus. You cannot claim that those commands Jesus gave under the first testament (covenant) are applicable after His death. The new covenant is not a continuation of the old. It is "new", hence the name.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus. You cannot claim that those commands Jesus gave under the first testament (covenant) are applicable after His death. The new covenant is not a continuation of the old. It is "new", hence the name.
Do you remember that God's laws would be written on our hearts?

Are you saying you believe Jesus gave the first covenant?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Do you remember that God's laws would be written on our hearts?

Are you saying you believe Jesus gave the first covenant?

You are very confused here. Not on other issues. But in terms of God's kingdom program and laws you need to study in this area.

Not saying this to be prideful or mean. Just my exhortation.