ECT what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are very confused here. Not on other issues. But in terms of God's kingdom program and laws you need to study in this area.

Not saying this to be prideful or mean. Just my exhortation.
I don't believe we have a renewed covenant. I believe we have a new covenant that is not like the old. But not like the old in what way? And which laws are written on the believer's heart?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Untel,

intojoy is my enemy but he is in the right direction in this regard. You are doing the same thing with him what you did with me.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What do you mean?

You are in a great error about OT law to be obeyed. Jesus abolished many, many OT laws.

You can run but you cannot hide.

Do not go back to OT times. You are making Jesus useless by your teachings.

You just don't understand what Jesus said when He said He fulfilled the law.

I am only repeating what I already said to you.

good day.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You are in a great error about OT law to be obeyed. Jesus abolished many, many OT laws.

good day.

Intojoy is basically saying the same thing as I already said to you in the other thread.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

good day.
My point if we go back to the history of it was that some people say Jesus came to abolish the law, but Jesus said He did not come to abolish the law. This is found in Matthew 5 where He said He came to fulfill it, which is different.

Jesus said the person who keeps and teaches God's commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. Do you believe all has been accomplished (Matthew 5:18 NASB)?

I don't say that I am only to obey some of God's commands. But it is true that I don't wear tzit-tzit.

Remember, this OP includes a verse that stresses the importance of keeping God's commandments, which is what I am doing and telling you to do. It does not mean to me that I am saved thereby and neither does it mean to me that anyone should be circumcised to be saved. Being circumcised does not save a person, and it may compromise the gospel of Christ. What is important is God's commandments.

Are they important? Are they what matters?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My point if we go back to the history of it was that some people say Jesus came to abolish the law, but Jesus said He did not come to abolish the law. This is found in Matthew 5 where He said He came to fulfill it, which is different.

Jesus said the person who keeps and teaches God's commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. Do you believe all has been accomplished (Matthew 5:18 NASB)?

I don't say that I am only to obey some of God's commands. But it is true that I don't wear tzit-tzit.

Remember, this OP includes a verse that stresses the importance of keeping God's commandments, which is what I am doing and telling you to do. It does not mean to me that I am saved thereby and neither does it mean to me that anyone should be circumcised to be saved. Being circumcised does not save a person, and it may compromise the gospel of Christ. What is important is God's commandments.

Are they important? Are they what matters?

It is no use talking to you.

good day.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The Law was good (Mosaic Law) but it was impotent to sanctify man because of the flesh. The flesh uses the law to rebel and sin against.

It was given to Israel to make an increase of sins.
Once men recognized their inability to gain sanctification thru the law it led them to Christ. It was given to show man what sin was and once the atonement was made it was annulled.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Law was good (Mosaic Law) but it was impotent to sanctify man because of the flesh. The flesh uses the law to rebel and sin against.

It was given to Israel to make an increase of sins.
Once men recognized their inability to gain sanctification thru the law it led them to Christ. It was given to show man what sin was and once the atonement was made it was annulled.
The Law makes sin utterly sinful. That is what the Bible says. That is its purpose. And its purpose is good. As Paul said, the Law is good. Without the Law we would be left to our own devices.

There is nothing in the Law that increases sin except the knowledge of sin and the position of the unbeliever as they rebel against God's word/command. That is the Law does not cause a person to sin. The Law does not cause the flesh to sin. No, the Law convicts a person of sin and of their rebellion against God. If a person sins, even if we can say it is in their flesh that they sinned... well, whenever a person sins it is not the Law's fault, it is their flesh or sin nature. The Law breaks a person. It brings a person to their end as they realize their sinfulness against God who is holy and separate from sin. And Jesus rescues a person from sin, saving them wholly. A person who is saved by Jesus is a new creature in Him. He fulfills the requirement of the law by the Spirit who dwells in him. Can you see that in Romans 8 or do you have a different interpretation?

I don't believe the law was annulled.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could make alive, verily righteousness would have been of the law. But the scriptures shut up all things under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept in ward under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. (*Galatians‬ *3‬:*21-23‬ ASV)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could make alive, verily righteousness would have been of the law. But the scriptures shut up all things under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept in ward under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. (*Galatians‬ *3‬:*21-23‬ ASV)

If we have faith in Jesus, we would obey Jesus' law, not OT law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Law did come after faith and Abraham, when it came with Moses.

But Abraham obeyed God.

So a question for you. When did faith come? Can we say that the Greek word translated as faith is different than that Abraham believed?

For we know of faithfulness.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
in Romans 4:15 Paul says: for the law works wrath; but where there is no law, neither is there transgression.

In Romans 5:20 he repeats in similar words: And the law came in besides, that the trespass might abound; but where sin abounded, grace did abound more exceedingly.

Let me reiterate: in Romans 4:15: for the law works wrath; but where there is no law, neither is there transgression.

And in Romans 5:20: And the law came in besides, that the trespass might abound. The picture that he is giving is that the Law came in to cause more sin, to actually make us sin more.

How does that work? Paul explains it in Romans 7:7-13: What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Howbeit, I had not known sin, except through the law: for I had not known coveting, except the law had said, You shall not covet: but sin, finding occasion, wrought in me through the commandment all manner of coveting: for apart from the law sin is dead. And I was alive apart from the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died; and the commandment, which was unto life, this I found to be unto death: for sin, finding occasion, through the commandment beguiled me, and through it slew me. So that the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and righteous, and good. Did then that which is good become death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might be shown to be sin, by working death to me through that which is good;-that through the commandment sin might become exceeding sinful. Before I deal with this passage, let's read one more in I Corinthians 15:56: The sting of death is sin; and the power of sin is the law. Basically what Paul is saying in Romans 7 and I Corinthians 15 is that a sin-nature needs a base of operation; furthermore, the sin-nature uses the Law as a base of operation.

Paul said, “where there is no Law, there is no transgression.” He did not mean, of course, that there was not any sin before the Law was given. The term transgression is a specific type of sin in violation of a specific commandment. Men were sinners before the Law was given, but they were not transgressors of the Law until the Law was given.

Once the Law was given, then the sin-nature had a base of operation. Because as soon as the Law said “you shall not,” the sin-nature said, “oh yes I will.” Or as soon as the Law said, “you will do this,” the sin-nature said, “oh no I won't.” The sin-nature suddenly found a base of operation. The Law was used as a beachhead and suddenly all these new commandments were given, and the sin-nature “went to town” more or less, and started doing what it could to cause the individual to violate these commandments and sin all the more.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
in Romans 4:15 Paul says: for the law works wrath; but where there is no law, neither is there transgression.

In Romans 5:20 he repeats in similar words: And the law came in besides, that the trespass might abound; but where sin abounded, grace did abound more exceedingly.

Let me reiterate: in Romans 4:15: for the law works wrath; but where there is no law, neither is there transgression.

And in Romans 5:20: And the law came in besides, that the trespass might abound. The picture that he is giving is that the Law came in to cause more sin, to actually make us sin more.
Nope. For more sin to be identified. Not to cause us to sin.
How does that work? Paul explains it in Romans 7:7-13: What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Howbeit, I had not known sin, except through the law: for I had not known coveting, except the law had said, You shall not covet: but sin, finding occasion, wrought in me through the commandment all manner of coveting: for apart from the law sin is dead. And I was alive apart from the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died; and the commandment, which was unto life, this I found to be unto death: for sin, finding occasion, through the commandment beguiled me, and through it slew me. So that the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and righteous, and good. Did then that which is good become death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might be shown to be sin, by working death to me through that which is good;-that through the commandment sin might become exceeding sinful. Before I deal with this passage, let's read one more in I Corinthians 15:56: The sting of death is sin; and the power of sin is the law. Basically what Paul is saying in Romans 7 and I Corinthians 15 is that a sin-nature needs a base of operation; furthermore, the sin-nature uses the Law as a base of operation.

Paul said, “where there is no Law, there is no transgression.” He did not mean, of course, that there was not any sin before the Law was given. The term transgression is a specific type of sin in violation of a specific commandment.
Right.
Men were sinners before the Law was given, but they were not transgressors of the Law until the Law was given.
True.
Once the Law was given, then the sin-nature had a base of operation. Because as soon as the Law said “you shall not,” the sin-nature said, “oh yes I will.” Or as soon as the Law said, “you will do this,” the sin-nature said, “oh no I won't.” The sin-nature suddenly found a base of operation. The Law was used as a beachhead and suddenly all these new commandments were given, and the sin-nature “went to town” more or less, and started doing what it could to cause the individual to violate these commandments and sin all the more.
Maybe. But my point was that the law did not cause the sin. There was more sin because the law pointed out more sin.

Some people get rid of the law to say they aren't sinning anymore. That just tells us how good the Law is and how bad we are whether with it or without it. We NEED the Law to point out sin, that we would come to Christ and be forgiven for the wrong we have done and transformed such that we obey God rather than disobey.

Doom

Do you remember that God's laws would be written on our hearts?

Are you saying you believe Jesus gave the first covenant?
Jesus is God.

The "laws" (not Law) written on the hearts of those in the New Covenant are:

"I will forgive your wickedness".
"I will remember your sins no more"

He writes these laws on our heart, so that we have full assurance of faith that He will do as He promised.

So that you know that He does not write the Law on our hearts, He says this in the following verse...

" In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

You do not write on the hearts what is decaying and vanishing away.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is God.

The "laws" (not Law) written on the hearts of those in the New Covenant are:

"I will forgive your wickedness".
"I will remember your sins no more"

He writes these laws on our heart, so that we have full assurance of faith that He will do as He promised.

So that you know that He does not write the Law on our hearts, He says this in the following verse...

" In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away."

You do not write on the hearts what is decaying and vanishing away.
Do you believe this has already happened?

Jeremiah 31:33 NASB - "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
We have a law. But because of Jesus' lineage that of Judah and not Levi, the entire 613 commandments have been annulled. If some of the laws are repeated in the Law of Christ then they are obligatory. But they cannot be obeyed under the banner of the Mosaic law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
We have a law. But because of Jesus' lineage that of Judah and not Levi, the entire 613 commandments have been annulled. If some of the laws are repeated in the Law of Christ then they are obligatory. But they cannot be obeyed under the banner of the Mosaic law.
None of the commands have been annulled. Jesus did not abolish the Law. He came to fulfill, not abolish.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
another purpose of the Law which we did not deal with earlier: to serve as a wall of partition to keep the Gentiles as Gentiles, away from enjoying Jewish spiritual blessings. In the Old Testament, if a Gentile wished to become a recipient of Jewish spiritual blessings, he would have to take upon himself the entire obligation of the Law; be circumcised; and live as any other Jew had to live. Only a Gentile as a proselyte to Judaism, could enjoy the blessings of the Jewish covenants; Gentiles as Gentiles could not. If the Mosaic Law were still in effect, there would still be a wall of partition to keep Gentiles away. But the wall of partition was broken down with the death of the Messiah. Again, the wall of partition was the Mosaic Law, and that meant the Law of Moses was done away with. Gentiles as Gentiles, on the basis of faith, can and do enjoy Jewish spiritual blessings by becoming fellow-partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus. While Gentile believers do not benefit from the physical blessings, they do benefit from the spiritual blessings.