ECT what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Demons are poly tasking lol

Unty, you are preaching works salvation.
And the proof is in your refusal to deny it. All you do is cite scriptures that say salvation by grace but then you reason away the truth and claim justification thru obedience. I'm 45 years in Christ, I can't let this slide my friend.
I am 34, and I can't even say that justification is through obedience. I don't. Justification is by the blood of Jesus. Justification is by faith. And a person is justified by works and not faith alone. But this last justification is different from the justification you and I know with salvation and justification and sanctification all being by grace through FAITH, and not of works.

Goodnight.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
No, the word faith is the word we use translated from the Greek, not the Hebrew. But we know Abraham had faith (or rather, that He believed God).

You can't even figure out who John's epistle is to. And I'm to go along with your word studies? Come on man that's absurd.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you die tonight on what grounds will you enter the kingdom of Heaven unt?
To be honest I am concerned only with if I will be among the resurrection of the righteous, and I have assurance of salvation in this. It is because of Jesus' finished work on my behalf.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You can't even figure out who John's epistle is to. And I'm to go along with your word studies? Come on man that's absurd.
I don't think that post was to you. The word study is important only for those who want to look into it.

Biblical Theology (book by book) is different from Systematic Theology (the whole Bible). If you read book by book you will see that 1 John was written to believers. But I have said that the verse in question is to or rather about unbelievers. For it is unbelievers who need to repent. A person cannot stay saved by repenting. They can only be saved why God grants them repentance and they repent and have faith.

Goodnight.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I am 34, and I can't even say that justification is through obedience. I don't.

Justification is by the blood of Jesus.

Justification is by faith.

^^^*now you're getting me stressed. Why do you think you are justified by your faith????

Does God owe you justification as a reward for believing? That is what your false addition just said - "justification is by faith"

And a person is justified by works and not faith alone.
^^^*
You are not justified by faith at all!!!

But this last justification is different from the justification you and I know with salvation

and justification and sanctification all being by grace through FAITH,
^^^*
Why ain't i suprised you have capitalized FAITH?
You are thoroughly confused and I do not see your faith as my faith but a different faith of a different kind.

and not of works.

Goodnight.

^^^*=IN2joy's comments

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I don't think that post was to you. The word study is important only for those who want to look into it.

Biblical Theology (book by book) is different from Systematic Theology (the whole Bible). If you read book by book you will see that 1 John was written to believers. But I have said that the verse in question is to or rather about unbelievers. For it is unbelievers who need to repent. A person cannot stay saved by repenting. They can only be saved why God grants them repentance and they repent and have faith.

Goodnight.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (*1 John‬ *1‬:*9‬ ASV)
Another example of your lack of ability to handle the word of truth: just where does "repent" appear in the text? The word is confess. Repent means to change your mind.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
^^^*=IN2joy's comments
Romans 3:28 NASB - For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.

Romans 5:1 NASB - Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Galatians 2:16 NASB - nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.

Galatians 3:24 NASB - Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (*1 John‬ *1‬:*9‬ ASV)
Another example of your lack of ability to handle the word of truth: just where does "repent" appear in the text? The word is confess. Repent means to change your mind.
Yes, but confessing your sins is different from confessing Jesus as Lord. To repent is not only to change your mind, but to turn from your sins.

beloved57

untell

I don't believe salvation is by works

Yes you do ! You dont believe that those Christ died for are saved from the penalty of their sins unless they believe ! Believing is a work !

oatmeal

Yes, but confessing your sins is different from confessing Jesus as Lord. To repent is not only to change your mind, but to turn from your sins.

Yes, but confessing your sins is different from confessing Jesus as Lord.

That is true

To repent is not only to change your mind, but to turn from your sins.

That is true as well, yet there is more.

Repent also includes a change of heart,not to avoid consequences, but to do what is right

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That is true

That is true as well, yet there is more.

Repent also includes a change of heart,not to avoid consequences, but to do what is right
Right but it is not just a change of mind it is a change of action. A person who is born again does not do the same things they used to.