ECT what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It seems that you are afraid of being persecuted.

This kind of attitude will hinder you from being true to Jesus.
I don't invite persecution if that is what you mean. Sorry, you are not going to get me to intentionally hurt myself.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

You stopped him when he was going to. You said this thread is not the trinity thread.
Then you spoke first. You wanted this thread to be about it or you stopped him by posting. At least, that is what he said you did.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Then you spoke first. You wanted this thread to be about it or you stopped him by posting. At least, that is what he said you did.

I know I spoke before him but truth is truth no matter who said it first.

If intojoy denys and I am telling lies, I will apologize.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I know I spoke before him but truth is true who said it first.

If intojoy denys and I am telling lies, I will apologize.
Well, if you want to link to another thread where you resolve this matter, that is fine by me.

Mr. 5020

Well, if you want to link to another thread where you resolve this matter, that is fine by me.
Let me try to get this back on topic...

When you say that it is "what matters," are you saying that the keeping of commandments will earn you eternal life?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Let me try to get this back on topic...

When you say that it is "what matters," are you saying that the keeping of commandments will earn you eternal life?
No, another verse... instead of saying keeping the commandments of God... says a new creation. You cannot be a new creature and continue (in the same old sin).

Galatians 6:15 NASB - For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

I don't believe salvation is by works, and both of these verses (this one and the one in the OP) seem to say this same thing.

Mr. 5020

No, another verse... instead of saying keeping the commandments of God... says a new creation. You cannot be a new creature and continue (in the same old sin).

Galatians 6:15 NASB - For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

I don't believe salvation is by works, and both of these verses (this one and the one in the OP) seem to say it.
Are you saying that if you are saved, you never miss the mark?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Are you saying that if you are saved, you never miss the mark?
I believe you are asking if anyone who is saved (born again) ever sins? If so, that is a great question.

If what matters is keeping God's commandments, maybe that brings us back to doing the things of God. Maybe that means (a new creation) that you don't live in the past, a past of sin.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Are you saying you are not going to read it? that's what I thought.

You should know that cowardly is one of the biggest sins.

here is the thread I just made:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106426
I may read it. Thank you for providing the link. It helps or provides some consistency if a person were to wonder where the topic went off to. A little different than starting a thread from a related idea but okay this time.

Peace.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
This thread is not about the Trinity, so I don't know why you would have brought it up.

Let me take us back to my first observation.
Why do you place your works before the work of the cross?

The reason I question you is because subtly you do not represent the same gospel that saves. You are magnifying your own righteousness and denying the righteousness of God by claiming to 1. Have no sin nature, 2. Stating that the new born human spirit is a myth.

Because of these heresies I wrote that you Unt are a liar according to I John. To which you claimed that John was not writing to believers but to unbelievers. A juvenile mistake. Anyone reading the epistle of John can see that he is speaking to fellow believers. But to give you grace I would've asked if you believed in the Trinity because in light of your approach to studying the Law you are failing to comprehend sound doctrine. Not that I desire a debate on the Triunity of God, I am analyzing why you would say and think that keeping the law would bring you blessings.

Your thread is revealing itself as another gospel Unt.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The Law did come after faith and Abraham, when it came with Moses.

But Abraham obeyed God.

So a question for you. When did faith come? Can we say that the Greek word translated as faith is different than that Abraham believed?

For we know of faithfulness.

Another gospel

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Let me take us back to my first observation.
Why do you place your works before the work of the cross?
I don't. You are simply finding fault. I have no reason to boast in my works at all.
The reason I question you is because subtly you do not represent the same gospel that saves. You are magnifying your own righteousness and denying the righteousness of God by claiming to 1. Have no sin nature, 2. Stating that the new born human spirit is a myth.
The idea of a human spirit is collective, pertaining to all of humanity. I simply do not want to get confused about it.

As for sin nature we (may) have one when we are born rather than original sin which simply goes back to Adam and Eve and the original sin.
Because of these heresies I wrote that you Unt are a liar according to I John. To which you claimed that John was not writing to believers but to unbelievers.
No, not writing to... but talking about how unbelievers need to repent so that they can be saved. If those listening were confused about salvation before they heard the letter read, John made no mistake they would not be confused afterward.

I have not said I don't have no sin. That is something you are reading into my talking about obedience to be preferred over sin, and obedience (not works and not works of the Law) to be recognized as the fruit of salvation and not a meritorious mark toward it.
A juvenile mistake. Anyone reading the epistle of John can see that he is speaking to fellow believers. But to give you grace I would've asked if you believed in the Trinity because in light of your approach to studying the Law you are failing to comprehend sound doctrine. Not that I desire a debate on the Triunity of God, I am analyzing why you would say and think that keeping the law would bring you blessings.

Your thread is revealing itself as another gospel Unt.
Keeping God's commands brings blessing. I don't know why I would try to say this without referencing scripture, even Torah, though. I don't see what the issue is in light of 2 Timothy 3:16-17 with all scripture being profitable for the things that are mentioned there if you read to the end of the 17th verse....

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Demons are poly tasking lol

Unty, you are preaching works salvation.
And the proof is in your refusal to deny it. All you do is cite scriptures that say salvation by grace but then you reason away the truth and claim justification thru obedience. I'm 45 years in Christ, I can't let this slide my friend.