What Newt Gingrich said

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
All Arabs who believe in sharia law should be deported....seems like a good starting point
What happens when every Muslim in America refuses to disclose their religion and their position on Sharia Law - which they are entitled to do under the Constitution?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
What happens when every Muslim in America refuses to disclose their religion and their position on Sharia Law - which they are entitled to do under the Constitution?

constitution-dont-need-stinkin-constitution-obama-constituti-politics-1416691474.jpg

Donald Trump will be the same kind of tyrant, only under another political party name.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I understand you're still upset about your loser Cruz, the whiny crybaby -

Yes, I am upset that Libertarians such as yourself crossed Party lines and were able to get a fellow secular humanist nominated in a Party that has espoused traditional (Godly) values since it's inception Aaron.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Yes, I am upset that Libertarians such as yourself crossed Party lines and were able to get a fellow secular humanist nominated in a Party that has espoused traditional (Godly) values since it's inception Aaron.

You are really are deluded to think there is anything intrinsically Godly about any political party filled chock full of fallible men, tell us all how Nixon was such a Godly man. You could make a case that the republicans have been moral but, to say "Godly?" I think that is a stretch. Sorry that is my opinion anyway but, then again I am not expecting anything Godly to come from a man made government system either.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

You are really are deluded to think there is anything intrinsically Godly about any political party filled chock full of fallible men, tell us all how Nixon was such a Godly man. You could make a case that the republicans have been moral but, to say "Godly?" I think that is a stretch. Sorry that is my opinion anyway but, then again I am not expecting anything Godly to come from a man made government system either.

I guess you didn't understand me the first time when I told you the following:

The Republican Party platform and it's pro life/pro traditional family values platform espouses Judeo-Christian (Godly) values. Unfortunately the men and women elected into that Party didn't fulfill their duties by legislating those values.

Of course you're jumping on the bandwagon that you'd been ranting against: "The Establishment runs the Republican Party!".

Donald Trump represents the Establishment yet you're still going to vote for him.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
What Newt Gingrich said

As a former Speaker of the House, Gingrich should know full-well that much of what he and Trump are saying is unconstitutional!

They are appealing to the "lowest-common-denominator" in American politics, secure in the knowledge that one can never underestimate the intelligence of their fellow conservatives!

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
What Newt Gingrich said

As a former Speaker of the House, Gingrich should no full-well that much of what he and Trump are saying is unconstitutional!

They are appealing to the "lowest-common-denominator" in American politics, secure in the knowledge that one can never underestimate the intelligence of their fellow conservatives!

You mean they are speaking to the American people just like liberal democrats do...to the "lowest-common-denominator" that is?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

The Republican Party platform and it's pro life/pro traditional family values platform espouses Judeo-Christian (Godly) values. Unfortunately the men and women elected into that Party didn't fulfill their duties by legislating those values.

They are just words unless they follow through, I believe that these are just guidelines for politicians, buzzwords used to get reelected. A great number of republicans don't hold to many or all of those tenets.

Of course you're jumping on the bandwagon that you'd been ranting against: "The Establishment runs the Republican Party!".

Donald Trump represents the Establishment yet you're still going to vote for him.

I guess you did not understand me the first time either, I said I was voting against Hillary and there are only two candidates running for president, the rest are just distractions without hope of gaining more than 2% of the vote. You go ahead and cast your de facto ballot for Hillary, there is more at stake than just her in the white house and you know it, if you think Trump is a moral degenerate, wait till get a good heaping helping of the felon Hillary...now there is some moral degeneracy for ya.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

They are just words unless they follow through, I believe that these are just guidelines for politicians, buzzwords used to get reelected. A great number of republicans don't hold to many or all of those tenets.

The Party Platform is a 'contract' that it's candidates and elected officials are to follow.

That being said: you acknowledge below that you will be voting for a person (I can't call Donald Trump a man, because real men don't do the things that he does and has done) that has no intention of adhering to those Godly values.

I guess you did not understand me the first time either, I said I was voting against Hillary and there are only two candidates running for president, the rest are just distractions without hope of gaining more than 2% of the vote. You go ahead and cast your de facto ballot for Hillary, there is more at stake than just her in the white house and you know it, if you think Trump is a moral degenerate, wait till get a good heaping helping of the felon Hillary...now there is some moral degeneracy for ya.

So much for you being "anti Establishment" ey rocketman?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

Yet you acknowledge below that you will be voting for a person (I can't call Donald Trump a man, because real men don't do the things that he does and has done) that has no intention of adhering to those Godly values.

So much for you being "anti Establishment" ey rocketman?

I am voting against the only person who can beat the felon Hillary at this point aCW. I have to ask you though, did you really think by electing a republican president (even a conservative) you were going to unseat the establishment completely? I had no notion that would happen but, i would like to see some decent judges picked and Trump's advertised picks are acceptable, more so than any that GW Bush the liberal made. I am willing to give the man a chance though I don't agree he is establishment or even a polished politician at this point, I know what the felon Hillary's agenda is, and I will pick the one that is less scary because at the end of this thing it will be one of these two elected.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Voting against Hillary makes sense ti those who are able to think abstractly. If Hillary wins, she will go after guns first and try to appoint a liberal supreme court judge. While true, there will be a mid0term run on congress by Republicans. my thinking on Newt is he does not want to take a loss on a VP ticket, while Mike Pence will do well with a nomination.

I do not fully understated why Mike Pence would go along with Donald Trump/http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/16/us/politics/mike-pence-donald-trump-vice-president.html?_r=0

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Voting against Hillary makes sense ti those who are able to think abstractly. If Hillary wins, she will go after guns first and try to appoint a liberal supreme court judge. While true, there will be a mid0term run on congress by Republicans. my thinking on Newt is he does not want to take a loss on a VP ticket, while Mike Pence will do well with a nomination.

I do not fully understated why Mike Pence would go along with Donald Trump/http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/16/us/politics/mike-pence-donald-trump-vice-president.html?_r=0

He really was with him all along albeit from a distance.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Indiana Governor Pence is already on the record being opposed to Trump on the following:

1. Trump's call for an immigration ban on Muslims

2. Trump's intention to repeal the Affordable Care Act, including the Medicaid expansion

3. LGBT Rights

4. Abortion Rights and the funding of Planned Parenthood

5. Trump's opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership

6. Trump’s ethnicity-based attacks on an Indiana-born judge as "Mexican" and a "hater"

If the Republican's want to vote for a vice-presidential candidate without a "moral compass" then Pence is their man!

As for the Supreme Court, conservatives obediently voted for Republican presidents Reagan, GHW Bush and GW Bush who held office for 20 of the 28 years, between 1980 and 2008, and what good did their appointments to the Supreme Court accomplish?

Interplanner

Just exactly how would that work? Would Neutered Gingrich have government authorities pull aside people of Arab descent and ask their views on Sharia Law? How about those that are Caucasian who are practicing Muslims?

Fascinating that you would fall for the race card first and then the theology card. Obviously, if you know American civics, you know that the answer is that the person who subscribes to sharia (theocracy) must leave.

Historic American pluralism prohibits it. It is treason against the constitution. You may think as you want, but sharia is about doing things against the will of others. Besides merging state and religion. It's not complicated.