What's the Deal with this bad reputation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freedom Train

BANNED
Banned
I'm fairly new here but it seems we have people who think the way to go is to give beaucoup bad reputation to those with whom they disagree simply because they cannot abide lack of political correctness. I may be wrong about this, but it sure seems that way. Personally I prefer a knife attack from the front to one from the back. What does everybody else think?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't know about everyone else, but I usually tell those that I bad rep exactly what say in my rep messages long before bad repping them with the same words. It has nothing to do with political correctness for me. :chuckle:

hitek357

Freedom, if you look at the bottom of your browser page you may see:

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1996-2006 TheologyOnLine

vBulletin, the software, doesn't support a powerful enough "reputation" model to make it very meaningful. I'm sure that Knight has been communicating with the software vendor and helping them develop a more powerful model.

Even with all that, it doesn't work TOO badly in my opinion, despite that fact that I was once negrepped by Apologist because, as he said, "I don't like Protestants."

Freedom Train

BANNED
Banned
hitek357 said:
it doesn't work TOO badly in my opinion, despite that fact that I was once negrepped by Apologist because, as he said, "I don't like Protestants."

Which, to me, seems like the GIGO principle: "Garbage In, Garbage Out". If you have people who will do that, essentially the whole thing is meaningless.

Mustard Seed

Freedom Train said:
Which, to me, seems like the GIGO principle: "Garbage In, Garbage Out". If you have people who will do that, essentially the whole thing is meaningless.

The begining of wisdom. Now you just need to realize that just about every economy and paradigm contains the same fatal flaws. Without a key to discerning the world the whole thing can soon appear as inane and useless as a rep system on an online forum. I do, however, value those points of commentary. I'd be just fine if all it did was give little messages of commentary and just forsook the whole illusion of being able to meaningfully quantify impact using mostly qualifiers that are utterly detatched from true substance and real world influence.

Evee

I don't use bad reps even though I retaliated a couple times. :baby:
Actually the only time bad reps should be given is if cursing or vulgar remarks....Then the bad reps should be approved by staff.
It would Give the staff extra work though.

Last edited:

Daniel50

Freedom Train said:
I'm fairly new here but it seems we have people who think the way to go is to give beaucoup bad reputation to those with whom they disagree simply because they cannot abide lack of political correctness. I may be wrong about this, but it sure seems that way. Personally I prefer a knife attack from the front to one from the back. What does everybody else think?

Go thro all my thread and replies you will be blessed with good refutations.

Love you in Christ. :rain:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
TheDude gave me a bunch of bad when I first started posting. For that I am truly pleased! I hope he is offended by me.

Real Sorceror

The thing that really grinds my gears is people who throw bad rep around without actually being part of the debate! They just lurk on a thread and neg people, but they have nothing tp contribute to the conversation!

Daniel50

I recieved a lot of neg .rep from many and was humiliated here by many, I didn't bother.My only aim is to glorify God in given opportunity.

I thank Jesus for this site TOL, it teaches me a lot.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
allsmiles said:
Freedom Train said:
I liked it in the rear personally.

:shocked: :flamer:

Freedom Train

BANNED
Banned
Real Sorceror said:
The thing that really grinds my gears is people who throw bad rep around without actually being part of the debate! They just lurk on a thread and neg people, but they have nothing tp contribute to the conversation!

Precisely what I'm talking about. These people are cowards and this process renders the "reputation" measure meaningless.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Freedom Train said:
Precisely what I'm talking about. These people are cowards and this process renders the "reputation" measure meaningless.
:ha: Did you actually think it would be meaningful?

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Real Sorceror said:

Hey a bad post is a bad post, If you happen to come across it why not neg rep it? I always try to give a reason if I do it.

Freedom Train

BANNED
Banned
kmoney said:
:ha: Did you actually think it would be meaningful?

I suppose not. Perhaps it serves as an example of social control. Those whose lives are miserable and yet they can neg rep people they don't like because they disagree with them are therefore diverted from doing anything meaningful-and thus this site does the bidding of The New World Order. Kofi Annan gives his sincere thanks.

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Freedom Train said:
I suppose not. Perhaps it serves as an example of social control. Those whose lives are miserable and yet they can neg rep people they don't like because they disagree with them are therefore diverted from doing anything meaningful-and thus this site does the bidding of The New World Order. Kofi Annan gives his sincere thanks.
Is this a serious post?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Freedom Train said:
:squint:

Status
Not open for further replies.