Where is the Holy Spirit?

genuineoriginal

For the Holy Spirit convicts me when I have an evil thought which human brings.
When it convicts me of an evil imagination of the heart trying to arise. When it goes against human nature.

That sounds just like the conscience that even unbelievers have.

Romans 2:13-15
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )

God's Truth

In the first century, the Holy Spirit was passed from believers to new converts through the laying on of hands.
No, not just believers passed on the Holy Spirit.

Acts 19:1-6
1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Since this practice stopped, it is questionable whether any modern Christians have received the Holy Spirit or whether modern Christians are like the disciples in Ephesus who are believers but never received the Holy Spirit.

There are no more apostles and Jesus gives the Holy Spirit nowadays.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The apostles gave the Holy Spirit, not just any believer gave the Holy Spirit. Do you believe that?

Also, are you in agreement that their are no more apostles?

To the first question, No. The Spirit is given unto the believer upon accepting Christ as Lord and Savior, otherwise we would require apostles today to impart the Holy Spirit. I personally do not believe the office of the apostle is open today. I do not believe that their are those today that are equipped in the five-fold ministry.

genuineoriginal

So you are claiming that the apostles weren't the ones that gave the Holy Spirit?
The Bible says the Holy Spirit was passed on to new believers through the laying on of hands.
Ananias, who laid hands on Saul/Paul was not listed as an apostle.

There are no more apostles.
If you say so, but I believe that God keeps a remnant available, just like He did in the past.

1 Kings 19:18
18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

The remnant would be like Ananias, who is not listed as an apostle, but who laid hands on Saul/Paul.

Jesus gives the Holy Spirit.
I can't find anywhere in the Bible where it says that Jesus gives the Holy Spirit to new believers without the laying on of hands.

Acts 8:18-19
18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

God's Truth

To the first question, No

You don't believe the apostles gave the Holy Spirit?

So then, what about the laying on of hands by the apostles?

. The Spirit is given unto the believer upon accepting Christ as Lord and Savior,

The Holy Spirit was, and still is given when Jesus accepts us, not the other way around.

Acts 15:8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

otherwise we would require apostles today to impart the Holy Spirit. I personally do not believe the office of the apostle is open today. I do not believe that their are those today that are equipped in the five-fold ministry.

Right, there are no more apostles; however, during the laying of the foundation, Jesus sent the apostles as he was sent, and God testified to what the apostles taught by allowing them to do miraculous things.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You don't believe the apostles gave the Holy Spirit?

So then, what about the laying on of hands by the apostles?

The Holy Spirit was, and still is given when Jesus accepts us, not the other way around.

Acts 15:8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Right, there are no more apostles; however, during the laying of the foundation, Jesus sent the apostles as he was sent, and God testified to what the apostles taught by allowing them to do miraculous things.

First, The apostles did not give the Spirit, they only lay on hands. Jesus gives the Spirit. Only when one accepts Christ is the Spirit given.

God's Truth

The Bible says the Holy Spirit was passed on to new believers through the laying on of hands.
Not always, but yes, mainly that was the way.

Ananias, who laid hands on Saul/Paul was not listed as an apostle.
But Jesus sent him to do so.

If you say so, but I believe that God keeps a remnant available, just like He did in the past.

1 Kings 19:18
18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

The remnant would be like Ananias, who is not listed as an apostle, but who laid hands on Saul/Paul.

I can't find anywhere in the Bible where it says that Jesus gives the Holy Spirit to new believers without the laying on of hands.

Acts 8:18-19
18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

Well, Paul asks the disciples if they received the Holy Spirit when they believed.

Acts 19:2 and asked them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" They answered, "No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit."

Acts 19:5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Cornelius and his whole household received the Holy Spirit and there was no laying on of hands.

Acts 11:15-16 "Just as I was starting to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning. Then I remembered what the Lord had said, 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'"

genuineoriginal

Cornelius and his whole household received the Holy Spirit and there was no laying on of hands.[/U][/B]

Acts 11:15-16 "Just as I was starting to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning. Then I remembered what the Lord had said, 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'"

That is a good point to show that it is possible to receive the Holy Spirit without the laying on of hands.
Well done.

God's Truth

One cannot receive the Spirit unless Jesus is accepted.

One cannot receive the Holy Spirit until Jesus accepts you.

God's Truth

That is a good point to show that it is possible to receive the Holy Spirit without the laying on of hands.
Well done.

I am so glad to discuss with you today. Thank you for your kindness; and, because of our discussion, it is revealed to me more people who were baptized by the Holy Spirit without the laying on of hands.
All those at Pentecost were baptized with the Holy Spirit without the laying on of hands. I knew this but it didn't not stand out to me as it did today.

Acts 11:15-16 "Just as I was starting to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning. Then I remembered what the Lord had said, 'John baptized with water, but you will bebaptized with the Holy Spirit.'"

genuineoriginal

I am so glad to discuss with you today. Thank you for your kindness; and, because of our discussion, it is revealed to me more people who were baptized by the Holy Spirit without the laying on of hands.
Thank you, for I learned something from scripture that corrected a misunderstanding I had.
All those at Pentecost were baptized with the Holy Spirit without the laying on of hands. I knew this but it didn't not stand out to me as it did today.
I did not count the people that received the Holy Spirit at Pentecost because Jesus breathed on them and told them to receive the Holy Spirit after He was raised from the dead.

John 20:22
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, [JESUS]Receive ye the Holy Ghost:[/JESUS]

God's Truth

Thank you, for I learned something from scripture that corrected a misunderstanding I had.

I did not count the people that received the Holy Spirit at Pentecost because Jesus breathed on them and told them to receive the Holy Spirit after He was raised from the dead.

John 20:22
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, [JESUS]Receive ye the Holy Ghost:[/JESUS]

Right; that time too, but at Pentecost for the promise and power.. They received the Holy Spirit with power at Pentecost for their ministry, like Jesus did for his earthly ministry.

Jesus received the Holy Spirit with power before he started his earthly ministry.

Jesus gave the Holy Spirit to his apostles before Pentecost; but then on Pentecost they were given the Holy Spirit with power do their ministry.

Luke 24:49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."

Acts 18:1 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you;

Acts 10:37 You yourselves know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee with the baptism that John proclaimed: 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, because God was with Him. 39 We are witnesses of all that He did, both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem. And although they put Him to death by hanging Him on a tree.

John 20:21 Again Jesus said to them, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, so also I am sending you.” 22 When He had said this, He breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."