Which gospel?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There are several in the Bible! No need to say there has never been any other than Paul's grace gospel.

The gospel of the kingdom
the gospel of the circumcision
the gospel of the uncircumcision
the gospel of God
the gospel of Christ
the gospel of the grace of God
the everlasting gospel

All of these are about Israel and the Gentiles relation to Israel.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Thast's not the gospel of our salvation. What is?

Jesus said, "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:14-15)

Are you claiming that eternal life is not about salvation? If so, why?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus said, "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:14-15)

Are you claiming that eternal life is not about salvation? If so, why?
The gospel of YOUR salvation is the word of truth according to Paul/the why of the cross/which is the good news that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). If you've never had a moment when you trusted the Lord believing IT for salvation, you aren't saved!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The gospel of YOUR salvation is the word of truth according to Paul/the why of the cross/which is the good news that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV).

The way of the cross began in Egypt with the Passover blood. The blood of the lamb symbolized the blood of the Lamb.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The way of the cross began in Egypt with the Passover blood. The blood of the lamb symbolized the blood of the Lamb.
Paul's gospel was a mystery (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) until revealed to him by revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). that right there tells us that it could not be the same gospel that was preached in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and by Peter in Acts.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul's gospel was a mystery

The mystery was the kingdom of God. God sent Jesus to convert Israel to his Father's kingdom.

Jesus foretold his death and resurrection including the manner of his death.

Isaiah 53 provides a good synopsis of Jesus' fate.

Sonnet

Paul's gospel was a mystery (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) until revealed to him by revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV). that right there tells us that it could not be the same gospel that was preached in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and by Peter in Acts.

Ephesians 3:2-6
Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The mystery was the kingdom of God. God sent Jesus to convert Israel to his Father's kingdom.

Jesus foretold his death and resurrection including the manner of his death.

Isaiah 53 provides a good synopsis of Jesus' fate.
The mystery of Christ/ That “Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures" was a mystery, but "according to the scriptures". It's called the hidden wisdom of God in a mystery which God ordained before the world unto "our" glory (a further study of the "our" would be those to whom Paul preached 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV to during Acts (Acts 13:16 KJV, Acts 13:26 KJV, Acts 26:17 KJV).

See (again) that it was a mystery here and why God kept it secret here (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

“The mystery of the gospel” is a later revealed mystery that included the likes of us, like the Ephesians to whom Paul wrote the letter, who in time past were without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) but now were made fellowheirs and of the same Body and partakers of God’s promise in Christ by the gospel with Paul, the Romans, Corinthians, Galatians, Thessalonians…(Ephesians 3:6 KJV). This mystery was testified at a later due time (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, Acts 20:24 KJV, Ephesians 2:13-18 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV)!

That's still not the gospel that was preached in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and by Peter in Acts 2,3,4,5...You one gospelers have a believing the Bible problem, you don't.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No, there is only one. Galatians 3:7-9.
Something that was kept secret since the world began as our gospel was:

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

is not the same as something that was spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.

Acts 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Things that are different are not the same!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Ephesians 3:2-6
Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.
What a horrible corrupted word of God, you have there. Here is what it says:

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

That's the mystery of the gospel and it's all over the page that it was in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed/unsearchable/hid in God!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul and the apostles all preached the same Gospel.
That's a lie of the religious, denominational stinking thinker and saying it, doesn't make it so!

Things that are different

At Pentecost (a Jewish holy day) Peter preached:

Acts 2:38 KJV Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Paul preached:

1 Corinthians 15:3 KJV For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Peter preached that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead to sit on David’s throne:

Acts 2:30 KJV Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Paul preached that Jesus Christ was delivered for our offences and raised again for our justification:

Romans 4:25 KJV Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Peter preached the blotting out of sins at the second coming of the Lord

Acts 3:19-20 KJV Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Paul writes that we have NOW received the atonement:

Romans 5:11 KJV And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Peter said it was spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began:

Acts 3:21 KJV Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Paul says it was a secret since the world began

Romans 16:25 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Peter said to Cornelius:

Acts 10:35 KJV But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Paul writes:

Titus 3:5 KJV Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Want more?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The mystery of Christ/ That “Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures" was a mystery, but "according to the scriptures".

Yes, I guess it would be a mystery to everyone who had not heard of Isaiah.

He was taken from prison and from judgment,
And who will declare His generation?
For He was cut off from the land of the living;
For the transgressions of My people He was stricken. (Isaiah 53:8)​