ECT Who actually revealed the "mystery" of the Gospel of grace ? Was Paul the first ?

Jerry Shugart

Have you ever read Isiah 53 or Psalms 22 ? It is there in the OT you are sadly in denial because of the MAD errors.

If what is revealed there is so clear then why didn't His Apostles know that He was going to die until shortly before the Cross?

Besides that, it is not only those in MAD who realize that Paul was the first to preach the gospel of grace because the first two Presidents of Dallas Theological Seminary also saw the same truth.

If one accepts the Lord Jesus and accepts His sacrifice as payment for their sin how would any understanding of dispoensational understanding help ?

For one thing you wouldn't be confused into thinking that the "gospel" for today is the same "gospel" in the following passage which resulted in receiving the following gifts bestowed by the Holy Spirit:

"Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover" (Mk.16:15-18).​

DAN P

Grace in this age of grace is the Prime understanding through Jesus. The dispensation is a secondary understanding that is required to go past John 3:16 and divide the expanse correctly.

Gi and the Greek word CHARIS / GRACE has many meaning !

I have used 1 Peter 1:9 and 2 Peter 3:15 and 16 but I have never seen the verb tenses in 1 Peter 1:12 , for the verb , THEY DID MINISTER / DIAKONEO is in the IMPERFECT TENSE and that to me means , that the Holy Spirit ministered and then STOPPED IT'S ministry to Israel and Acts 13:46 and Acts 18:6 and Acts 28:28 is the proof !!

dan p

dodge

Grace in this age of grace is the Prime understanding through Jesus. The dispensation is a secondary understanding that is required to go past John 3:16 and divide the expanse correctly.

John 3:16 is the GOSPEL ! Folks can call it kingdom gospel but in reality it is the Gospel of grace laid out by Jesus.

Why would anyone feel the need to go past John 3:16 ?

Jesus said, " for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes shall not perish but have everlasting life.

dodge

Jerry Shugart;4989258]If what is revealed there is so clear then why didn't His Apostles know that He was going to die until shortly before the Cross?

It was revealed in God's time but the OT prophets had recorded the event in scripture.
Besides that, it is not only those in MAD who realize that Paul was the first to preach the gospel of grace because the first two Presidents of Dallas Theological Seminary also saw the same truth.

Because many folks believe something does NOT mean it is right. The broad road has MANY MANY on it.

dodge

Then you're like squeaky, aren't you?

In order to do what you claim, however, you ignore the Scripture that has been presented to you. Scripture that has been presented to you is not opinion, it is truth. That's called cherry picking.

I do not believe ignoring the teachings of Jesus, with a man made excuse, was intended by God that that exclusively serves only the purpose of Satan.

dodge

I do not believe ignoring the teachings of Jesus, with a man made excuse, was intended by God that that exclusively serves only the purpose of Satan.

Kinda like those in MAD do when shown scriptures that says they are wrong. Scriptures do not contradict other scriptures !

I suppose the thing that astounds me the most is how Jesus' teachings are marginalized and set aside as are ALL the other Apostles and Prophets.

dodge

Then show me in the Scriptures where anyone before Paul preached a gospel centered on Cross and declared that the lord Jesus was made "to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

Re-read John 3:16 it is all there !

glorydaz

No one is ignoring the teachings of Jesus, but we recognize why He said what He said, and who He said it too. What the RISEN LORD revealed is what gives us LIFE, so, of course, that's where our focus needs to be.

Jerry Shugart

wow, how did you come up with this?

Read John 3:13 and then use your brain. It is obvious that those are not the words of the Lord Jesus.

Or perhaps you want to argue that the Lord Jesus was standing on the earth and at the same time He was telling Nicodemus that He was in heaven?

Just because that verse is in "red letters" proves nothing.

dodge

Read John 3:13 and then use your brain. It is obvious that those are not the words of the Lord Jesus.

Or perhaps you want to argue that the Lord Jesus was standing on the earth and at the same time He was telling Nicodemus that He was in heaven?

Just because that verse is in "red letters" proves nothing.

Is anything to hard for God ?

dodge

No one is ignoring the teachings of Jesus, but we recognize why He said what He said, and who He said it too. What the RISEN LORD revealed is what gives us LIFE, so, of course, that's where our focus needs to be.

Two gospels is an excuse to ignore Jesus' teachings and all the OF the prophets and ALL the other Apostles. I believe they were all on the same side.

dodge

Those words were what John was saying and not what the Lord Jesus was saying. John's testimony in that chapter starts at John 3:13.

The book of John was not written until after Paul's epistles were written.

Wrong !

10 Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 iMost assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and jyou do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so mmust the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.