WHO IS THE CHURCH OF GOD?

DougE

Galatians 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

The members of the church of God were Jews and Gentiles who believed the preaching of Jesus, Peter and the disciples. These Jews and Gentiles are kingdom saints who believed the gospel of the kingdom (Matthew 4:23), the prophetic kingdom on earth, in which, they would reign with Christ; they believed on the name of Jesus, that he is the Son of God, the Christ (John 3:18 John 20:31).

The body of Christ is the church formed in this dispensation of grace, composed of Jew and Gentile who believe Paul's gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24 1 Corinthians 15:3-4). The body of Christ was not revealed or formed before Paul's conversion (Ephesians 3:2-9 1 Timothy 1:16).

The church of God consists of all who are purchased by the blood of Jesus, both the kingdom saints and the body of Christ.

These Jews and Gentiles, the kingdom saints, were members of the church of God, not the body of Christ.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
There are many different aspects of the church, many different definitions of the word "church."

I suggest you read this page: LINK

Here is some of it:

I. NAMES AND IMAGES OF THE CHURCH

751 The word "Church" (Latin ecclesia, from the Greek ek-ka-lein, to "call out of") means a convocation or an assembly. It designates the assemblies of the people, usually for a religious purpose.139 Ekklesia is used frequently in the Greek Old Testament for the assembly of the Chosen People before God, above all for their assembly on Mount Sinai where Israel received the Law and was established by God as his holy people.140 By calling itself "Church," the first community of Christian believers recognized itself as heir to that assembly. In the Church, God is "calling together" his people from all the ends of the earth. the equivalent Greek term Kyriake, from which the English word Church and the German Kirche are derived, means "what belongs to the Lord."

752 In Christian usage, the word "church" designates the liturgical assembly,141 but also the local community142 or the whole universal community of believers.143 These three meanings are inseparable. "The Church" is the People that God gathers in the whole world. She exists in local communities and is made real as a liturgical, above all a Eucharistic, assembly. She draws her life from the word and the Body of Christ and so herself becomes Christ's Body.

Symbols of the Church

753 In Scripture, we find a host of interrelated images and figures through which Revelation speaks of the inexhaustible mystery of the Church. the images taken from the Old Testament are variations on a profound theme: the People of God. In the New Testament, all these images find a new center because Christ has become the head of this people, which henceforth is his Body.144 Around this center are grouped images taken "from the life of the shepherd or from cultivation of the land, from the art of building or from family life and marriage."145

754 "The Church is, accordingly, a sheepfold, the sole and necessary gateway to which is Christ. It is also the flock of which God himself foretold that he would be the shepherd, and whose sheep, even though governed by human shepherds, are unfailingly nourished and led by Christ himself, the Good Shepherd and Prince of Shepherds, who gave his life for his sheep.146

755 "The Church is a cultivated field, the tillage of God. On that land the ancient olive tree grows whose holy roots were the prophets and in which the reconciliation of Jews and Gentiles has been brought about and will be brought about again. That land, like a choice vineyard, has been planted by the heavenly cultivator. Yet the true vine is Christ who gives life and fruitfulness to the branches, that is, to us, who through the Church remain in Christ, without whom we can do nothing.147

756 "Often, too, the Church is called the building of God. the Lord compared himself to the stone which the builders rejected, but which was made into the comer-stone. On this foundation the Church is built by the apostles and from it the Church receives solidity and unity. This edifice has many names to describe it: the house of God in which his family dwells; the household of God in the Spirit; the dwelling-place of God among men; and, especially, the holy temple. This temple, symbolized in places of worship built out of stone, is praised by the Fathers and, not without reason, is compared in the liturgy to the Holy City, the New Jerusalem. As living stones we here on earth are built into it. It is this holy city that is seen by John as it comes down out of heaven from God when the world is made anew, prepared like a bride adorned for her husband.148

757 "The Church, further, which is called 'that Jerusalem which is above' and 'our mother', is described as the spotless spouse of the spotless lamb. It is she whom Christ 'loved and for whom he delivered himself up that he might sanctify her.' It is she whom he unites to himself by an unbreakable alliance, and whom he constantly 'nourishes and cherishes.'"149

139 Cf. ⇒ Acts 19:39.
140 Cf. ⇒ Ex 19.
141 Cf. ⇒ 1 Cor 11:18; ⇒ 14:19, ⇒ 28, ⇒ 34, ⇒ 35.
142 Cf. ⇒ 1 Cor 1:2; ⇒ 16:1.
143 Cf. ⇒ 1 Cor 15:9; ⇒ Gal 1:13; ⇒ Phil 3:6.
144 Cf. ⇒ Eph 1:22; ⇒ Col 1:18; LG 9.
145 LG 6.
146 LG 6; Cf. ⇒ Jn 10:1-10; ⇒ Isa 40:11; ⇒ Ezek 34:11-31; ⇒ Jn 10:11; ⇒ 1 Pet 5:4;
⇒ Jn 10:11-16.
147 LG 6; Cf. 1 Cor 39; ⇒ Rom 11:13-26; ⇒ Mt 21:32-43 and parallels; ⇒ Isa 51-7;
⇒ Jn 15:1-5.
148 LG 6; Cf. ⇒ 1 Cor 3:9; ⇒ Mt 21:42 and parallels; ⇒ Acts 4:11; ⇒ 1 Pet 2:7; ⇒ PS 118:22; ⇒ 1 Cor 3:11; ⇒ 1 Tim 3:15; ⇒ Eph 2:19-22;
⇒ Rev 21:3; ⇒ 1 Pet 2:5; ⇒ Rev 21:1-2.
149 LG 6; Cf. ⇒ Gal 4:26; ⇒ Rev 12:17; ⇒ 19:7; ⇒ 21:2, 9; ⇒ 22:17; ⇒ Eph 5:25-26, ⇒ 29.

beloved57

Galatians 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

The members of the church of God were Jews and Gentiles who believed the preaching of Jesus, Peter and the disciples. These Jews and Gentiles are kingdom saints who believed the gospel of the kingdom (Matthew 4:23), the prophetic kingdom on earth, in which, they would reign with Christ; they believed on the name of Jesus, that he is the Son of God, the Christ (John 3:18 John 20:31).

The body of Christ is the church formed in this dispensation of grace, composed of Jew and Gentile who believe Paul's gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24 1 Corinthians 15:3-4). The body of Christ was not revealed or formed before Paul's conversion (Ephesians 3:2-9 1 Timothy 1:16).

The church of God consists of all who are purchased by the blood of Jesus, both the kingdom saints and the body of Christ.

These Jews and Gentiles, the kingdom saints, were members of the church of God, not the body of Christ.
Same thing. And the Body of Christ is Israel

Bradley D

I see Christ as the head of the Church and believers as the body of the Church.

"And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church" (Eph. 1:22).

beloved57

I see Christ as the head of the Church and believers as the body of the Church.

"And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church" (Eph. 1:22).
That is true but also true is the Church is Israel under her New Covenant composition the Israel of God. This Israel is composed of all nationalities.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Anything against the teaching of Scripture is heresy. There is no New Israel (If there is show it in Scripture). Israel and Israel alone is God's covenant people!

Your personal interpretation of scripture is not scripture itself. You have no authority to say that personal interpretation of scripture is correct and someone else's is wrong. That is the gross error that people like you fall into, thinking that personal interpretation of scripture IS scripture.

Only the true successors of Peter and the Apostles have the authority to bind and loose doctrine.

beloved57

Anything against the teaching of Scripture is heresy. There is no New Israel (If there is show it in Scripture). Israel and Israel alone is God's covenant people!
There's been two Israels Rom 9:6 one national Israel and One Spiritual Israel. Spiritual Israel under the old covenant was primarily regenerate jews of the nation. Now added to the jews of Spiritual Israel is a large multitude of Spiritual gentiles. They're the body of Christ and Spiritual Israel

Right Divider

Body part
There's been two Israels Rom 9:6 one national Israel and One Spiritual Israel. Spiritual Israel under the old covenant was primarily regenerate jews of the nation. Now added to the jews of Spiritual Israel is a large multitude of Spiritual gentiles. They're the body of Christ and Spiritual Israel
Repeating baloney... you do.

Israel is a nation. Spiritual Israel are believers of that nation.

It's as simple as that.

The body of Christ is a NEW CREATURE and NOT something added to Israel. It is ONE NEW MAN and not Israel warmed over.

2Co 5:16-17 KJV Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. (17) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Gal 6:15 KJV For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

Eph 2:15 KJV Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

beloved57

Repeating baloney... you do.

Israel is a nation. Spiritual Israel are believers of that nation.

It's as simple as that.

The body of Christ is a NEW CREATURE and NOT something added to Israel. It is ONE NEW MAN and not Israel warmed over.
Yea sure Rom 9 6

Right Divider

Body part
No one is being excluded in Rom 9 6, its being pointed out there that there are 2 Israels.
Believing Israel and unbelieving Israel. Nothing to do with gentiles in that verse or that passage. Romans 9-11 is about ISRAEL. Nothing to do with the body of Christ.
Rom 9:1-5 KJV I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, (2) That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. (3) For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: (4) Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; (5) Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.