• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Why are Christians embracing Evolution?

Skeeter

Banned
In what way does mapping the human genome and comparing it with other animals corroborate evolution?
The similarities between chimpanzees and humans are amazing, AND the difference reflect differences in ancestral environment.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The similarities between chimpanzees and humans are amazing
That's not a scientific term

And you haven't demonstrated why similarities are evidence of evolution
, AND the difference reflect differences in ancestral environment.
😂

I see you're a fan of the Just So Stories of evolution

Okay - pick one gene and clearly demonstrate how the differences between human and chimpanzee reflect "differences in ancestral environment"

DLH

And yet angels are created beings; therefore they had to come into being after the creation had begun.

“Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge? Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me.

“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone - while the morning stars sang together and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?" - Job 38:2-7

The term "day" when given "morning and evening" clearly indicates a normal earth rotation.

Why? Explain, please.

Skeeter

Banned
That's not a scientific term

And you haven't demonstrated why similarities are evidence of evolution

😂
Do you acknowledge that gene similarity between people indicate a familial connection? If Yes, then why don't you believe a 98.6% similarity between species represents an ancestral connection?

Right Divider

Body part
“Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge? Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me.

“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand. Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it? On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone - while the morning stars sang together and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?" - Job 38:2-7
Angels are CREATED BEINGS... are they not?
Have angels always existed... like God? (Hint: no.)
Why? Explain, please.
If you cannot understand something so basic as that... I will not try to help you further.

Skeeter

Banned
We already KNOW that they are BOTH human.

Because we do NOT know if there is actually an "ancestral connection".
If DNA is examined at a crime scene we often do not know ahead of time if it is human DNA. We conclude that it is if we find it is similar enough to what we recognize as human. So, by extension we can conclude with a large degree of confidence how closely related two species are to one and other.

Right Divider

Body part
If DNA is examined at a crime scene we often do not know ahead of time if it is human DNA.
Quit trying to CHANGE the CONTEXT. You said "gene similarity between people".
We conclude that it is if we find it is similar enough to what we recognize as human. So, by extension we can conclude with a large degree of confidence how closely related two species are to one and other.
Not true, but I know that you must cling to it.

Skeeter

Banned
So what? Your reply to ME was void of any merit and I said so.
AND, the other time you called me a troll, I responded to your post quite fully within a few hours of your post. You should already know that I respond substantially by now even though, levity is mixed in, should you not? Patience is a virtue.

In contrast, your buddy doser is notorious for all snark and little substance.

Right Divider

Body part
AND, the other time you called me a troll, I responded to your post quite fully within a few hours of your post. You should already know that I respond substantially by now even though, levity is mixed in, should you not? Patience is a virtue.

In contrast, your buddy doser is notorious for all snark and little substance.
Your "substance" is not so substantive.