ECT why did Jesus say only FEW will get to Heaven?

republicanchick

well, one reason is that humans don't like doing good deeds. They make excuses for not doing good to their fellow man... excuses like, "I don't have to do anything to be saved" a mis-reading of Scrpture at best, dishonesty at worst.

i think it's dishonesty, myself...

I mean, really. You will work all day and night for money, spend your week ends enjoying yourself on your yacht... eating, drinking and making merry, and not giving a thought to God, but just b/c you "accepted Christ" X yrs ago, you are going straight to God... never worked in a soup kitchen, never helped one of the needy... (violating Mt 25:31), never evangelized.. but you are going to be with this God you couldn't have cared less about...

right...

trust me... you won't even WANT to go be with him...

+

Aimiel

He will bring many in who never knew Him by name and yet lived like they did and turn many away, saying, "Get out. I never knew you."

DAN P

well, one reason is that humans don't like doing good deeds. They make excuses for not doing good to their fellow man... excuses like, "I don't have to do anything to be saved" a mis-reading of Scrpture at best, dishonesty at worst.

I mean, really. You will work all day and night for money, spend your week ends enjoying yourself on your yacht... eating, drinking and making merry, and not giving a thought to God, but just b/c you "accepted Christ" X yrs ago, you are going straight to God... never worked in a soup kitchen, never helped one of the needy... (violating Mt 25:31), never evangelized.. but you are going to be with this God you couldn't have cared less about...

right...

+

Hi , and in Acts 2 , there few ADDED to that EKKLESIA as the Greek word " ADDED " is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE which means few were saved and Israel will NOT be saved " UNTIL the Fulness of the Gentiles be come in " Rom 11:25 !!::chuckle::chuckle:

It is God that is doing the ADDING and this addition is NOT to the Body of Christ !!

dan p

oatmeal

right...

+

RC,

Could you help me find that verse where Jesus states,

why did Jesus say only FEW will get to Heaven?

I took a quick look and found no such passage.

Must have missed it.

Could you point it out to me?

It is probably right next to that verse where Jesus says:

1. The RCC is Christ's historical church that Jesus built on himself, but Peter

2. Jesus is the second person of the blessed trinity

3. That Mary is the mother of God

4. That a fertilized egg is a fully developed human being

5. That you will burn in eternal hell fire if you are not an RC that does exactly what the pope and tradition says you must do ( with a few mangled scriptures thrown in for goodness sake)

6. That dead people are not dead but alive

7. That you don't need God or Jesus Christ to gain eternal life, you just have to die with mortal sin on your record, for then you will live all eternity in hell

8. That the bread and wine in the communion service transubstantiates into the literal body and blood of Jesus Christ

9. etc etc etc

10. that there were three wise men that visited the baby Jesus at the stable.

11. That there are actually three days and three nights between Good Friday afternoon and Easter Sunday morning

12 That Jesus said it ok to pray to statues that represent dead saints inspite of his specific instructions to pray to "our Father, who is in heaven"

13. That Mary is the most blessed woman