ECT WHY GLOSSA /TONGUES ARE NOT FOR TODAY !!

DAN P

The prophecy wasn't fulfilled on the day, as there are also other events that haven't happened yet.

Which gentiles now share in. "All flesh".

Made up.

Made up.

What you've said in this post is lying, because there is not one verse explaining that tongues have ceased.

Hi and one follower worker of mine showed me how to speak in tongues , and he just threw up his hands and I heard GIBBERISH !!

He then said , see , how easy it is !!

1 Cor 13:8 says " they SHALL CEASE " is in the Future tense as is also " it SHALL VANISH " is also in the Greek FUTURE TENSE !!

You will never explain it away UNLESS you say 1 Cor is just a Metaphor as you all do that as your knowledge is LIMITED !!

I have proved my case many times so LOL on your answer , I love being right on , so how does your eye feel ??:crackup::crackup:

dan p

Last edited:

Levolor

God has never closed the door on Israel. Where do you boys get this nonsense?

Certainly not from Romans 11:25.

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Wow... another mystery! lol

DAN P

i don't get it. remembered what ? - :patrol:

Hi , and we were talking about tongues CEASING , and that anyone who said " God spoke to me " IS ABOVE SCRIPTURE as the Canon is closed just as Rev 22:19 and just what is the book of Revelation all about ?

The Great Tribulation where the PURGING of Israel beginings !!

dan p

Levolor

Look at them trying to figure out when things happened, that the bible doesn't even mention.
They're making it up as they go along, and showing everyone at the same time.

I don't know if you ever watch Duck Dynasty or not; we catch it every now and then.

There's a line from Jase about his brother Willie where he says: You know that gene where everyone is born with it that lets them be embarrassed? Well Willie doesn't have that.

Word based mystic

The scriptures say the gifts will pass away not that they have passed away, That is future tense.

and we still have yet to see Him face to face yet.

i believe we will when He comes back again.

I am also looking for a mature church. seems pretty split, immature and divided right now.

Levolor

People get healed all the time, but those who won't believe, don't believe. I was healed of chronic asthma. But the doctors who treated me, and doubters would say it simply cleared up on its own accord, even though it was instant.

Hallelujah! Praise God!

Yes, it only requires faith and the prayer/s of a godly person.

Sometimes even the prayers are not needed. That has occurred for me too just for the asking.

Levolor

and we still have yet to see Him face to face yet.

i believe we will when He comes back again.

From my point of view, He is always coming back.

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. Matthew 16:28

Then there is also the time when Jesus shall come and all shall see Him. Those who are not ready will not be able to stand (continue to live) in His presence.

I am also looking for a mature church. seems pretty split, immature and divided right now.

Sure does. I so look forward to Christ's rule on earth where everyone will naturally live as Christ does, since after all everyone is conformed to His image.

Word based mystic

Recap of a testimony while I was on a mission trip in amazon peru.

with a spanish translator. I and some other missionaries were sharing the gospel in a town square.

While praying for a native indian who spoke only spanish and his native indian dialect, I was sharing the gospel. which the indian had never heard before.
I then started to explain the need to repent of ones sin and believe in Christs death and resurrection.

The local indian then stopped the translator and started to argue a bit with him.
I asked the translator what was going on. The translator said the indian could now understand everything i said in his native tongue.

He later after listening to and nodding his head in agreement, described to the translator that he felt and saw a yellow snake leave his body.
I then encouraged the local spanish missionary to begin discipleship with him and many others that desired more of Christs gospel.

several of our missionaries within our fellowship have had similar experiences.

Word based mystic

From my point of view, He is always coming back.

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. Matthew 16:28

Then there is also the time when Jesus shall come and all shall see Him. Those who are not ready will not be able to stand (continue to live) in His presence.

Sure does. I so look forward to Christ's rule on earth where everyone will naturally live as Christ does, since after all everyone is conformed to His image.

i agree with you
i just mentioned those two thoughts because the cessationist use it as a means to say God no longer imparts gifts to his believers.

they imply the face to face is the scriptures only
and believe the church matured when KJV was produced.

so we no longer need gifts. even though they may acknowledge some gifts i.e. hospitality, giving, mercy but deny the more charismatic expression/partnership with the Holy Spirits gifts.

kayaker

Why look to the deceived as examples of an untruth?

It profits you nothing.

I must add that even during the ministry of Jesus with all the miracles He did, people still doubted Him.

LA

Who are those deceived of whom you speak, LA? Moses? Paul referred to Moses' Abrahamic paternal distinction in Galatians 4:22. Didn't Abraham sire progeny via Keturah? Paul furthered Moses' Abrahamic paternal distinction (Genesis 24:1, 2, 3, 4) in Romans 9:6, 7, 8, 9, 10 that Jesus illuminated in John 8:37 KJV. John the Baptist affirmed this Abrahamic paternal distinction in Luke 3:2, 7, 8, 9, even Stephen in Acts 7:7, 8 who was impeccably fluent in the Books of Moses. Is Jesus the Son of God because you have some 'utteral' inkling? Because you acknowledge Jesus and His disciples, even Paul, performed healing miracles? Those were not the ordinary 'street healings', LA. Jesus was performing genetic reconstructions, hasn't been done since those days.

Jesus referred to Isaiah 6:9, 10, 11, 12 when Jesus delineated a multitude believer from a disciple in Matthew 13:10, 12, 13, 14, 15, with His path to discipleship illuminated in John 8:12-47 particularly in John 8:30 KJV, John 8:31 KJV, and John 8:32 KJV. I kinda get the impression familiarity with the OT is paramount to understanding what was going on in Jesus' day, and who all the players were. Do you have any explicit knowledge of those two Divine testimonies of the two Divine witnesses to Jesus' Divine Paternity (John 8:17, 18) found in those verses? I suggest such 'utter' truth is highly valued as Jesus mentioned distinguishing a believer from a disciple speaking exclusively to His disciples regarding believers being 'converted' into disciples in Matthew 13:15 KJV. His value of being "converted" is discerned in Matthew 13:16 KJV, Matthew 13:17 KJV.

Meanwhile... I keep hearing this tongues gift, and can't get a straight answer on the aforementioned topics by those who allege to possess the Holy Ghost. What did Ham do, LA (Genesis 9:22 KJV)? The answer is corroborated in Leviticus 18:8 KJV, Leviticus 20:11 KJV, Deuteronomy 22:30 KJV, and Deuteronomy 27:20 KJV... and God is the same tomorrow, today, and in Genesis. Sure it matters! Ham and his antediluvian wife were grandparents to Nimrod, King of Babel (Genesis 10:6, 7, 8, 9, 10), the first kingdom mentioned was "Babble", confusion.

I've heard PLENTY of babble in my walk, LA. God speaks to His people through His Word, a great place to delve with unbridled spiritual curiosity, an ongoing adventure. Is there such a creature as a disciple who does NOT speak in tongues, then? What did Ham do, LA? Who was Paul specifically referring to in Roman's 9:6, 7, 8, 9, 10? Those who instigated the crucifixion were NOT Israelites who were in bondage in Egypt (John 8:33 KJV). What is the OT ancestry of those alleged 'Jews' who instigated the crucifixion (Revelation 2:9, 3:9)?

Those who doubted only doubted Jesus' miracles publicly to mislead the 'lost sheep of the house of Israel.' Think about it: Romans 9:6 KJV. Who exactly misled the Israelites, and instigated the crucifixion? Listen again to Nicodemus' words in John 3:1, 2. And you're going to suggest speaking in tongues is profitable? How about proffering your divine illumination from one of those above scenarios, then.

Feed His sheep, LA

kayaker

Word based mystic

cross reference
has a nice summary on the validity of The Spirit using tongues as either a means of edifying oneself or at certain moments communicating the Gospel to other languages.

his thread is recent (glossalia) or something like that.

kayaker

People get healed all the time, but those who won't believe, don't believe. I was healed of chronic asthma. But the doctors who treated me, and doubters would say it simply cleared up on its own accord, even though it was instant.

Complete nonsense. This behavior from any pentecostal would be cultish.

Jesus wouldn't heal my athletes feet, so I used Desenex and thanked Him for it! Got any before an after DNA tests? Jesus was performing genetic reconstructions, and Jesus could have handed those results right over! That's how resolved I am, Andy. We have those DNA tests, today... so, where'd those heritable genetic miracles go? Might take another look at John 9:1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

kayaker

Cross Reference

Jesus wouldn't heal my athletes feet, so I used Desenex and thanked Him for it! Got any before an after DNA tests? Jesus was performing genetic reconstructions, and Jesus could have handed those results right over! That's how resolved I am, Andy. We have those DNA tests, today... so, where'd those heritable genetic miracles go? Might take another look at John 9:1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

kayaker

Because you are an unbeliever, Desenex was made for you. Live with the result because that's is all you are going to get..

kayaker

Because you are an unbeliever, Desenex was made for you. Live with the result because that's is all you are going to get..

ROFLOL! You totally crack me up, CR! Unbeliever, you suggest? When you wean an insulin-dependent juvenile diabetic, let the medical community hear about it, I mean... share the love, okay? Jesus could. How about some before and after DNA tests for someone healed of heritable cystic fibrosis? Jesus could. So, I hate to burst your levitated bubble... but, you can't, CR. Pop an artery in your brain, and... I suspect, when you get breaks between puking headaches and a stiff neck (which ain't gonna let up), I suspect you'll head right down to your nearest neurosurgeon. Better than shaking a little Desenex on my head, LOL!

Unbeliever? Jesus was a genetic healer, CR. I do believe such is only slightly beyond your skill set, and I'm not bragging on the medical community, the healthcare INDUSTRY, btw. I don't suppose you're on any medications are you? Ever use a tylenol, gotten sutured? Got a cold or the flu? Shingles with a vengeance? I highly recommend that shingles vaccine, btw. Got my kids vaccinated about 18 years ago. It's a MIRACLE! They never got the chicken pox, I just laid hands on them while they got stuck.

Got any idea about those two Divine testimonies (John 8:17, 18)? So, I'm an unbeliever in childish fantasies, CR. But, no... no, I don't 'believe' Jesus is the Christ. I know He is! His genetic miracles proved who He is... and, it's about dark-thirty (John 9:1, 2, 3, 4).

kayaker

Cross Reference

ROFLOL! You totally crack me up, CR! Unbeliever, you suggest? When you wean an insulin-dependent juvenile diabetic, let the medical community hear about it, I mean... share the love, okay? Jesus could. How about some before and after DNA tests for someone healed of heritable cystic fibrosis? Jesus could. So, I hate to burst your levitated bubble... but, you can't, CR. Pop an artery in your brain, and... I suspect, when you get breaks between puking headaches and a stiff neck (which ain't gonna let up), I suspect you'll head right down to your nearest neurosurgeon. Better than shaking a little Desenex on my head, LOL!

Unbeliever? Jesus was a genetic healer, CR. I do believe such is only slightly beyond your skill set, and I'm not bragging on the medical community, the healthcare INDUSTRY, btw. I don't suppose you're on any medications are you? Ever use a tylenol, gotten sutured? Got a cold or the flu? Shingles with a vengeance? I highly recommend that shingles vaccine, btw. Got my kids vaccinated about 18 years ago. It's a MIRACLE! They never got the chicken pox, I just laid hands on them while they got stuck.

Got any idea about those two Divine testimonies (John 8:17, 18)? So, I'm an unbeliever in childish fantasies, CR. But, no... no, I don't 'believe' Jesus is the Christ. I know He is! His genetic miracles proved who He is... and, it's about dark-thirty (John 9:1, 2, 3, 4).

kayaker

I have a daughter who died of cancer at the young age of 8. She was a believer. Will she do? Notice: I said "I have a daughter". I believe you have a not too few things to understand about God that He has no compelling need for you to be convince of. He'll wait for you ___for a while.

Word based mystic

kayaker

and after Christ's death and up until The imparting of the Holy Spirit to Believers there was night time. After the Holy Spirit came and indwelled believers The born again believers could now (see) daytime the Kingdom of God.
And do the works He did and greater.