Wife is Not Getting an Abortion!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardofOz

Yes, mostly. She's emotionally very young. Somehow she's convinced herself that its not a child.

It's human and it's one you both had a hand in creating. Ask her if she'll give birth and sign over all rights to you but to please not go though with termination.

Quasar1011

If she is a believer, have a Bible study with her. Show her these verses:

"For behold, you shall conceive and bear a son. And no razor shall come upon his head, for the child shall be a Nazirite to God from the womb; and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines.” (Judges 13:5)

"Did not He who made me in the womb make them? Did not the same One fashion us in the womb?" (Job 31:15)

"I was cast upon You from birth. From My mother’s womb You have been My God." (Psalm 22:10)

"For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well." (Psalm 139:13-14)

"Listen, O coastlands, to Me, And take heed, you peoples from afar! The Lord has called Me from the womb; From the matrix of My mother He has made mention of My name." (Isaiah 49:1)

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations." (Jeremiah 1:5)

But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit." (Matthew 1:20)

"For he will be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will also be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb." (Luke 1:15)

"For indeed, as soon as the voice of your greeting sounded in my ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy." (Luke 1:44)

WizardofOz

Maybe, maybe not. That could be a reason for wanting an abortion in her mind...

I concur

If he's threatening divorce is she aborts then it sounds like the baby being someone else's won't make a difference anyway as far as their marriage is concerned.

I'd adopt the kid even if it wasn't mine. :idunno:

Hope all is well with you and your family, drb!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Somehow she's convinced herself that its not a child.

I wonder what she thinks it is. Below is easily the best I have seen, in terms of trying to persuade.

What if

If she is a believer, have a Bible study with her. Show her these verses:

Exodus 21

22 “If men fight, and hurt a woman with child, so that she gives birth prematurely, yet no harm follows, he shall surely be punished accordingly as the woman’s husband imposes on him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23 But if any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, 24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

How can you hurt a woman yet no harm follows? No harm to the baby. That is how.

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Did you ask her what she thought it was if not a child?
"a bean". To which I responded with TONS Of things, info, etc.

It's human and it's one you both had a hand in creating. Ask her if she'll give birth and sign over all rights to you but to please not go though with termination.
I have asked. Begged.
Mr. Deets, has her mother talked to her?
yes. Her mother has had more than a half dozen abortions. My Mom is calling her today. My Mom is a believer.

Maybe, maybe not. That could be a reason for wanting an abortion in her mind...

I concur
I have considered this seriously. She is violently sick with this baby, as she was with our last. She has been dealing with depression. There is no talking to her.

Nick- I've tried to reason with her.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Her mother has had more than a half dozen abortions.

:(

jesuswept-300x199.jpg

drbrumley

I have considered this seriously. She is violently sick with this baby, as she was with our last. She has been dealing with depression. There is no talking to her.

Violently sick? I don't want to pry but how is she violently sick? What is she doing when she is like this?

Is she off her meds for depression?

Is she bi polar? Etc?

How was she with your first child? I know you said violently sick, but she was no where near what she is doing now right? She actually wanted the first?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm in hysterics. My wife wants and is planning to get an abortion. She is 8 weeks. Please pray to god or Yahweh or whoever you pray to. My heart cannot take this.

Josh

Oh I'm sorry to hear that Deets. :sigh:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
O let the evil of the wicked come to an end, but establish the righteous; For the righteous God tries the hearts and minds. My shield is with God, Who saves the upright in heart. God is a righteous judge, And a God who has indignation every day. If a man does not repent, He will sharpen His sword; He has bent His bow and made it ready. He has also prepared for Himself deadly weapons; He makes His arrows fiery shafts. Behold, he travails with wickedness, And he conceives mischief and brings forth falsehood. He has dug a pit and hollowed it out, And has fallen into the hole which he made. His mischief will return upon his own head, And his violence will descend upon his own pate. I will give thanks to the Lord according to His righteousness And will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High. (Psalms 7:9-17 NASB)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I am very sorry to hear this, Josh and my prayers are with you. Beyond that I'm not sure what to say as I am not fully aware of the entire situation, so I don't know what is going through her mind to think such things. Thus I would not be sure where to even begin to talk her out of it.

moparguy

I don't know anything more to say than that I'm praying for you and don't do evil so that a good end may come.

God please save this child's life.

---

Good grief, why can't people just give the child up for adoption?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.