You are an idiot

rainee

I'm just asking why Christians have to believe the process of evolution isn't a part of God's design. I already knew why atheists and such won't accept it.

Christians only have to believe one thing: That Jesus Christ rose from the dead to take away their sin.

Nothing else you can believe can do anything to affect your status as a Christian.

However, the other things you believe should also be rational and well considered. If they are not, as your request that I not argue against evolution is, you will be mocked.
They will not accept it because they need everything they can to place between reality and a rational analysis of reality.

I used to let fellow Christians. I used to say it was ok for believers to accept evolution. Even now I wonder if Theistic Evolution will not water evolution down so much that it will no longer be usable by deceivers?

But man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.
Deuteronomy 8:3
Matthew 4:4

So if you can find evolution doesn't interfere with that, ok.

rainee

Because then (just like the rest of science) everything works without the assumption of a deity. :rotfl:

xAv is right, in the theories holding to evolution one always assumes very carefully so the arrogant human brains can feel superior in their assuming to any other assuming. They are very special ***-umers.

The idea that average folks like xAv, who accept evolution as "pure science" don't know the assuming that has to go on or recognize it when they read it - is scary - are they deceived or not smart?

noguru

xAv is right, in the theories holding to evolution one always assumes very carefully so the arrogant human brains can feel superior in their assuming to any other assuming. They are very special ***-umers.

The idea that average folks like xAv, who accept evolution as "pure science" don't know the assuming that has to go on or recognize it when they read it - is scary - are they deceived or not smart?

Fundamental assumptions are a part of any epistemology. Can you elucidate the difference in fundamental assumptions you believe there are between the study of biodiversity and say chemistry?

If not, you have no idea what you are talking about, again.

noguru

Hey Rainee, does it hurt you when you feel you have been deceived by some person or group of people in which you have put your trust? Is that pain so unbearable that you cannot see past it?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh man, you do not understand fundy---god was the eyewitness. And if he said 6 days, it is 6 days. Only people with more cognitive dissonance going on than Catholics are the fundamentalists.
25! :banana:

Straw Man argument. I never said they did. I said:

Only a Fundie extremist takes the creation account word for word in a literalistic way.
Evolutionists love non-sequiturs.

Genesis is historical narrative. Nobody reads much of anything in a "literalistic" way.

You do realize, don't you, that Genesis was written by Moses (or someone during Moses' time). Was Moses there in the Garden? Was Moses there with Noah? Were there any witness to The Garden, the Flood, etc., who contributed to the writing of Gensis? You have no clue how inspration really works in regards to the sacred authors.
Genesis was written by lots of different people and collated by Moses.

Rainee :AMR: plus 26 and 27! :banana:

noguru

25! :banana:

Evolutionists love non-sequiturs.

Genesis is historical narrative. Nobody reads much of anything in a "literalistic" way.

Genesis was written by lots of different people and collated by Moses.

26 and 27! :banana:

Hey Sprite, you can run, but you cannot hide. :chuckle:

noguru

I am pretty sure Stripe is talking to himself in the OP for this thread. He is finally coming to the realization that he is an idiot.

rainee

Hey Rainee, does it hurt you when you feel you have been deceived by some person or group of people in which you have put your trust? Is that pain so unbearable that you cannot see past it?

I am afraid to answer that.
I have been tricked many times or dumb or gullible before and prolly am now somehow and will prolly be again...

But if I admit I hate it won't that be like putting a sign on my back saying please trick me?

Why do you ask Noguru
How do you feel about it?

noguru

I am afraid to answer that.
I have been tricked many times or dumb or gullible before and prolly am now somehow and will prolly be again...

But if I admit I hate it won't that be like putting a sign on my back saying please trick me?

Why do you ask Noguru
How do you feel about it?

I accept it as part of the reality around me. I realize the various motivations that lead people to deceit, and from there I try to stay out of those same pitfalls.

There is a Biblical verse that makes it very clear to me how to avoid such a pitfall.

If you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

When I meet one who is in such a pitfall, I simply say to myself the Calvinist take on scripture.

There but for the grace of God go I.

I fully grasp that and my possible resentment turns to pity. The only thing that can then rile my ire of resentment again is when someone uses that pity to try and emotionally manipulate others without also considering a reasoned response.

A friend of mine who is in AA likes to do this. He says "You guys are not suppose to shoot the wounded." Because that is a common saying there. I say to him that "A wounded person who truly appreciates my help, will not try to lodge a knife in my back as I try to help him to his feet." The poor fellow still does not seem to grasp the analogy.