You must be saved to believe the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

marke

I know this surprises people, but its true, a lost person cannot and will not understand and believe the Gospel when it comes to Salvation and Conversion.

The truth of the matter is while men are in a unregenerate lost state, the Gospel is hidden from them resulting in unbelief. 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Its plainly stated in the passage "our gospel it is hid to them that are lost" !

So the counter to that is, our Gospel is not hid to the save. By saved I mean two things #1 Those saved by the Eternal Purpose of God and Blood of Christ, and #2 Saved by the Regenerating Power of the Spirit. See only those who have been regenerated have been liberated from Spiritual darkness and blindness by the god of this world, as long as we are unregenerate our minds remain blinded by the god of this world.

Also how can the Gospel be the Gospel of ones Salvation Eph 1:13 if the person is in a lost state, that's a contradiction.

Paul had written earlier that its the saved, to whom the preaching of the Cross is the power of God 1 Cor 1:18

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Notice, not unto the lost is it the power of God, but unto us which are saved !

Notice also saved here in this verse 1 Cor 1:18 is in the present tense, they are in a saved state, and they are being saved, converted, because its also a passive voice.

This confirms that the Gospel can only be a converting word, if one is saved already, and no longer in a lost state.
Some Calvinist theories are ridiculously anti-Biblical. Nobody who refuses to believe and receive the Gospel preached to his heart can possibly be saved and every sinner who gets saved must first believe and receive the Gospel or Jesus will not save him.

Romans 10

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

beloved57

Yes, I have.

All of my replies to you have been discussing the points you try to make.

It's counterproductive to point out flaws in someone's reasoning?

But you don't want to discuss.

You want to preach your beliefs and have Nanja affirm everything you say, and affirm everything Nanja says, because you two are two peas-in-a-pod Calvinists, spouting off calvinistic beliefs like the good little robots you think you are.

I'm over here, waving my hands trying to break you out of your trance by showing you that the points you're making don't line up with scripture, because if they don't, then they're not worth preaching to begin with!

Because, like you, I don't have time to do so.

And it's more fun to dismantle your arguments.
No you haven't been discussing my points, you flat out dismiss them .

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You havent showed me anything,

Yes, I have.

Im the one doing the showing.

What you're doing is posting what you believe. And I, in response, am showing you how what you believe is wrong.

All you do is say false, or it doesnt say that ! You call that discussion ?

That's not all I'm doing. When I do that, I'm trying to not go off on a tangent, and stick to addressing the main thrust of your argument. If I were to truly "discuss" everything you said, my posts would be much, MUCH longer, and then they really WOULDN'T be worth your time.

beloved57

Yes, I have.

What you're doing is posting what you believe. And I, in response, am showing you how what you believe is wrong.

That's not all I'm doing. When I do that, I'm trying to not go off on a tangent, and stick to addressing the main thrust of your argument. If I were to truly "discuss" everything you said, my posts would be much, MUCH longer, and then they really WOULDN'T be worth your time.
You havent showed nothing. You just simply dismiss. You havent proved anything wrong. You never take time to things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.