İ'm a 18 year old know-it-all Muslim. Ask me anything!

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
I am not a Christian, and even if I were, I would not support laws based solely on religion.
Oops, I didn't notice it. I thought you were a Christian and was eager to teach you the Bible

Leviticus 24:10-23 English Standard Version (ESV)

Punishment for Blasphemy

Now an Israelite woman's son, whose father was an Egyptian, went out among the people of Israel. And the Israelite woman's son and a man of Israel fought in the camp, and the Israelite woman's son blasphemed the Name, and cursed. Then they brought him to Moses. His mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dan. And they put him in custody, till the will of the LORD should be clear to them.

Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, “Bring out of the camp the one who cursed, and let all who heard him lay their hands on his head, and let all the congregation stone him. And speak to the people of Israel, saying, Whoever curses his God shall bear his sin. Whoever blasphemes the name of the LORD shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall stone him. The sojourner as well as the native, when he blasphemes the Name, shall be put to death.

An Eye for an Eye

“Whoever takes a human life shall surely be put to death. Whoever takes an animal's life shall make it good, life for life. If anyone injures his neighbor, as he has done it shall be done to him, fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; whatever injury he has given a person shall be given to him. Whoever kills an animal shall make it good, and whoever kills a person shall be put to death. You shall have the same rule for the sojourner and for the native, for I am the LORD your God.” So Moses spoke to the people of Israel, and they brought out of the camp the one who had cursed and stoned him with stones. Thus the people of Israel did as the LORD commanded Moses.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Under the law of God it is perfectly acceptable to marry your daughter after she reaches puberty and to consummate the marriage then. The fact that she was sexually matured is undisputed.

This statement proves you are a 'no nothing' Sargent Schultz character, as an adolescent.
I Know Nothing

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
How heinous would a law have to be before you began to wonder if it is truly the will of God, or men? The slaughter of newborns? At what point do you begin to wonder?
If it is from God - it is the Truth. Remember the glory of Abraham when he was justified by work, when God commanded him to sacrifice his own son!

bybee

No time for videos, but I clarified explicitly that according to Islamic law the bride has to consent i.e. Force marriages are haram but arranged marriages are not

There was a recent news item wherein a little Muslim girl was married off and died from internal bleeding on her wedding night.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Will the man that did this be condemned to death?.. and eye for an eye.
I don't know, I'm no expert on sharia- but I guess that it'll be a sin for the entire community if the law is not respected and if they don't repent - even if there were no deaths.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I love you, I know I've done you all an injustice. But we know bin Ladin was your friend, and Sadam Hussein was your mama!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Kiam, why does ahavah and dodh refer to the love act? And how is it that I can get my hands on 70 babes in the afterlife? Is there an Arabic word for sex involved here? Just sayin kid

Lon

İ'm bored. Fire me on some questions and İ'll be glad to answer! :)

Yeah it should have been an "an".
Is there anything in the Quran about slandering another person or ridiculing them when they don't deserve it, just because you disdain weakness in others? Here is what the Old Testament says:
Proverbs 14:9 Fools mock at making amends for sin, but goodwill is found among the upright.

What about false accusation, even if you think you are right? Here is one of the ten commandments of God: Exodus 20:16 "You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
1) Why is Christianity different from other faiths that offer an everlasting afterlife or Nirvana?
For one, we believe it is wrong to be abusive to another person just because you hate or disdain them for being nice to you. We don't believe hurting others for sport is godly:

Lon is a funny character - he pained himself a couple of PMs begging me to not worry myself over the problems of political Islam, apologizing for the members ganging up on me. He sure thinks himself to be mighty high over the common folk even here...
Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

I try to follow that advice, even in PM's.
HUGE difference between Christianity and apparently [Islam?]
True? What do you say? Are you capable of Repentance? Do Muslims need to repent of ill-will to another? Maybe not, just asking.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Is there anything in the Quran about slandering another person or ridiculing them when they don't deserve it, just because you disdain weakness in others? Here is what the Old Testament says:
Proverbs 14:9 Fools mock at making amends for sin, but goodwill is found among the upright.

What about false accusation, even if you think you are right? Here is one of the ten commandments of God: Exodus 20:16 "You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.

True? What do you say? Are you capable of Repentance? Do Muslims need to repent of ill-will to another? Maybe not, just asking.

Lon, in Islam it is haram to say something in the absence of a person that would not please him even if it is the truth. Always criticism should be to the person's face and no where else.

Read about the Islamic concept of backbiting and slander here:

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=articles&id=92753

In my case I made sure that I've said what I've said in a location that Im sure you have access to and would read. I swear by my God that I even wanted to quote you in, but didn't because it was obvious you would come across it.

Furthermore Lon, you are NOT my friend or brother if you want to rid me of life OR faith in the God of Abraham