İ'm a 18 year old know-it-all Muslim. Ask me anything!

OCTOBER23

WHY DOES ALLAH NOT HEAL YOU ?

WHY IS ALLAH CALLED THE GREATEST DECEIVER ?

WHY DOES ALLAH WANT YOU TO KILL ALL THE JEWS ?

WHY DOES ALLAH WANT YOU TO KILL YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER IF THEY BECOME CHRISTIANS ?

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
And not equal are the good deed and the bad. Repel [evil] by that [deed] which is better; and thereupon the one whom between you and him is enmity [will become] as though he was a devoted friend.

(41:34)

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
WHY DOES ALLAH NOT HEAL YOU ?

Allah cures me and you.

WHY IS ALLAH CALLED THE GREATEST DECEIVER ?

The plan of the Devil is weaker than the plan of God.

WHY DOES ALLAH WANT YOU TO KILL ALL THE JEWS ?

Nope. Nonsense.

WHY DOES ALLAH WANT YOU TO KILL YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER IF THEY BECOME CHRISTIANS ?

We have enjoined upon man goodness toward his parents: his mother bore him by bearing strain upon strain, and his weaning is within two years. Be grateful toward Me and toward your parents, with Me all journeys end. Yet should they (your parents) endeavor to make you ascribe divinity, side by side with Me to something of which you have no knowledge, then do not obey them. But even then bear them company with kindness in the life of this world and follow the path of those who turn toward me. (Surah Luqman 31:14-15)

Lon

Lon, in Islam it is haram to say something in the absence of a person that would not please him even if it is the truth. Always criticism should be to the person's face and no where else.

Read about the Islamic concept of backbiting and slander here:

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=articles&id=92753
:up: Very good article. I don't agree with all of Islam, but I surely do on this and a good many other points I've read in the Quran. YOU might want to listen to this article.

In my case I made sure that I've said what I've said in a location that Im sure you have access to and would read. I swear by my God that I even wanted to quote you in, but didn't because it was obvious you would come across it.
Because I don't want to backbite (it wouldn't be slander because it would be true), how do I address this when I believe it is completely false? How am I supposed to try and correct you according to the Quran.

Furthermore Lon, you are NOT my friend or brother if you want to rid me of life OR faith in the God of Abraham
I understand this about your faith. That was not my intention, but rather your perception. That is NOT why I was empathetic with you. It had ONLY to do with you being 18 (not that I wouldn't desire you to become a Christian, I do but am not proselytizing). I am a teacher in public school, and talk to students differently than others. It is merely a matter of respect and probably too, a bit of habit from speaking with others your age. Nevertheless, you believe you are strong and I have no problem with that either, especially when you disdain it. Let's go back to what the Koran says about good behavior and treating others well. I will wait until you tell me what it says about how to talk to you about what I believe is wrong. What does the Quran say? Can a Christian confront a Muslim, when he believes he is wrong? -Lon

Last edited:

Krsto

İ'm bored. Fire me on some questions and İ'll be glad to answer! :)

Yeah it should have been an "an".

As I've been reading the Koran it occurs to me the Christian community Mohamed knew about was a bit "off". I don't see any evidence that Mohamed was aware of the New Testament. He called the Jews and Christians people of the book but that could have been the Old Testament. He talks about the Gospel but I'm wondering if it wasn't oral tradition. Mohamed also mentioned that both Christians and Jews read the same thing and came to different conclusions. It seems Mohamed's understanding of the Christian faith is very limited, possibly quite inaccurate compared to what Christians were experiencing closer to the center of Christianity. What do we know about this Christian community that Mohamed experienced and to what degree did Mohamed experience this community? How did he understand the Christian faith? I don't see any evidence so far that he knew anything about Pauline writings, or anything about walking in the Spirit, or the New Covenant, or the Law of Liberty, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, or any spirituality other than simply following "instructions" in a book.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
:up: Very good article. I don't agree with all of Islam, but I surely do on this and a good many other points I've read in the Quran. YOU might want to listen to this article.

Because I don't want to backbite (it wouldn't be slander because it would be true), how do I address this when I believe it is completely false? How am I supposed to try and correct you according to the Quran.

I understand this about your faith. That was not my intention, but rather your perception. That is NOT why I was empathetic with you. It had ONLY to do with you being 18 (not that I wouldn't desire you to become a Christian, I do but am not proselytizing). I am a teacher in public school, and talk to students differently than others. It is merely a matter of respect and probably too, a bit of habit from speaking with others your age. Nevertheless, you believe you are strong and I have no problem with that either, especially when you disdain it. Let's go back to what the Koran says about good behavior and treating others well. I will wait until you tell me what it says about how to talk to you about what I believe is wrong. What does the Quran say? Can a Christian confront a Muslim, when he believes he is wrong? -Lon

O.k. I understand why you tend to be condescending and patronising. Kids are more often than not stupid, immature and stupid.

You can criticise a person if and when you are in his presence and if he has a chance to respond/defend himself in public or better in private.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
As I've been reading the Koran it occurs to me the Christian community Mohamed knew about was a bit "off". I don't see any evidence that Mohamed was aware of the New Testament. He called the Jews and Christians people of the book but that could have been the Old Testament. He talks about the Gospel but I'm wondering if it wasn't oral tradition. Mohamed also mentioned that both Christians and Jews read the same thing and came to different conclusions. It seems Mohamed's understanding of the Christian faith is very limited, possibly quite inaccurate compared to what Christians were experiencing closer to the center of Christianity. What do we know about this Christian community that Mohamed experienced and to what degree did Mohamed experience this community? How did he understand the Christian faith? I don't see any evidence so far that he knew anything about Pauline writings, or anything about walking in the Spirit, or the New Covenant, or the Law of Liberty, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, or any spirituality other than simply following "instructions" in a book.

When the Qur'an speaks - its not Muhammad (pbuh) who speaks but God himself. God sometimes addresses himself in the third person as not to sound glorifying himself.

When God speaks of Christians and Jews in the Qur'an, he doesn't speak of all Christians and Jews but only of one group or another. As a Christian you would surely not agree with some other Christian (groups), and so would call them a bit "off". Christians are not a united group of people. So when the Qur'an tackles the fundamental wrongs of Christianity, it has to address the major issues of one group more than the other. For example the Catholics worship Mary as a demi-God intercessor, and this is unacceptable. A lot of Christianity believe in the demonic teaching of the Trinity. The Qur'an does not mix these two issues - but it would seem like it did. The Qur'an affirms that the "people of the Book are not all alike". It praises the Unitarians - and those among the Christians who are honest, humble and who ponder over the signs of God in creation. Similar when the Qur'an talks of "scripture" it doesn't mean the Bible itself - but parts of it. This is important to know.

The Qur'an does not claim to be an all-refuter of Pauline Christianity. God asks us to debate and argue with the people of the Book in "the best of manners" and in wisdom. God requests Christians to come into common understanding in the religion of Abraham. The minimum is to establish worship of One God/Person and to not set up lords and patrons other than him. ..

Repentance

BANNED
Banned

The scholars are the heirs of the Prophets, and they are in charge of refuting and debating Christianity as it develops over the ages. My favorite classical Islamic scholar, Ibn Taymiyyah, wrote volumes of work destroying Christianity - there is so much of issues throughout the Christain world, its simply not possible to tackle all of them in one go.

Like the Qur'an was given to Muhammad (pbuh), the Injil was given to Jesus (pbuh). They are both God's words in the first person (mostly) but in the case of the Injil it was never recorded/preserved in writing - rather only bits and pieces of the Injil (quotes from Jesus speaking for God in the first person) is to be found in the writings of the NT and outside of the canon.

Lon

O.k. I understand why you tend to be condescending and patronising. Kids are more often than not stupid, immature and stupid.
There is NO way a teacher is going to not treat a student without kid-gloves. It has nothing to do with condescension in a negative sense, nor patronizing, nor treating them stupidly. It is not about their intelligence, but about treating them in a respectful manner, especially over a sharp fight or disagreement:
I Timothy 5:1Do not sharply rebuke an older man, but rather appeal to him as a father, to the younger men as brothers, 2the older women as mothers, and the younger women as sisters, in all purity.

(for me, that might have included a PM :think: )

You can criticise a person if and when you are in his presence and if he has a chance to respond/defend himself in public or better in private.

Yes:
Lon is a funny character - he pained himself a couple of PMs begging me to not worry myself over the problems of political Islam, apologizing for the members ganging up on me. He sure thinks himself to be mighty high over the common folk even here...

You saw others being terrible to Christians, and jumped in where a man who hates Christians (and Muslims), was being confronted about preying upon Christian women, sexually, who were raised under strict parents.

You came to his defense, when he was, by his own words, making fun of Christian and belittling their trust in God (your God too).
Lon is a funny character ... He sure thinks himself to be mighty high over the common folk even here...
You saw another different atheist, jump right in and laugh with you about your comment, no?
Lon is a funny character - he pained himself a couple of PMs begging me to not worry myself over the problems of political Islam, apologizing for the members ganging up on me. He sure thinks himself to be mighty high over the common folk even here...
This was NOT to me, it was ABOUT me to others, who are not even believers and mock anyone believing in God, including you. You slandered and gossiped, with infidels who say there is no God.

Not only that, it is internet etiquette to NEVER discuss a private conversation publically UNLESS you have expressed permission to do so. Some forums exercise it strictly, and you'd be banned for it. TOL does not, though it does recognize it as bad form and against polite formal etiquette. I have nothing to hide, but you should have asked. Regardless, at 19, you should know this especially when:
You can criticise a person ....better in private.
Not only better, it isn't considered rude and most often, hurtful.

I believe you should repent for what you did here and believe your own scriptures call what you did a sin on the first, and a social :nono: on the second, especially when you just printed that you also believe it is more appropriate to do so in private. You have the Quran, the Bible, Internet etiquette, and even your own conscience, that tell you it was wrong.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
:plain: I have met Muslims who actually 'like' Christians.

Not gonna happen here, is it?
Liking Christians ≠ liking Christianity

In fact Muslim men are allowed to even marry Christian women (with some conditions) - doesn't mean they "like" Christianity.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
There is NO way a teacher is going to not treat a student without kid-gloves. It has nothing to do with condescension in a negative sense, nor patronizing, nor treating them stupidly. It is not about their intelligence, but about treating them in a respectful manner, especially over a sharp fight or disagreement:
I Timothy 5:1Do not sharply rebuke an older man, but rather appeal to him as a father, to the younger men as brothers, 2the older women as mothers, and the younger women as sisters, in all purity.

(for me, that might have included a PM :think: )

What do you teach? Religion??

Yes:

You saw others being terrible to Christians, and jumped in where a man who hates Christians (and Muslims), was being confronted about preying upon Christian women, sexually, who were raised under strict parents.

I didn't come to his defense. I don't pick sides on stuff I have no knowledge about. I only said what I knew is the truth about you. You're justifying me - instead of trying to make me repent of something that is not a sin at all, why not try to ignore such criticism you think is unfair? Instead of justifying that

You came to his defense, when he was, by his own words, making fun of Christian and belittling their trust in God (your God too).

To pick sides on the basis of the people involved and not their arguments and what their arguing about is wrong.

You saw another different atheist, jump right in and laugh with you about your comment, no?

So what. That was made to laugh. We were laughing at you and we enjoyed it. It is the truth about you.

This was NOT to me, it was ABOUT me to others, who are not even believers and mock anyone believing in God, including you. You slandered and gossiped, with infidels who say there is no God.

So do you do the same in class? Do you favour Christians and always take the side of the believers. If you do then you're a hypocrite.

I said that knowing well that you would read it

Not only that, it is internet etiquette to NEVER discuss a private conversation publically UNLESS you have expressed permission to do so. Some forums exercise it strictly, and you'd be banned for it. TOL does not, though it does recognize it as bad form and against polite formal etiquette. I have nothing to hide, but you should have asked. Regardless, at 19, you should know this especially when:

It wasn't something personal. Lol - I'm sorry for hurting your pride

Not only better, it isn't considered rude and most often, hurtful.

I'm not sorry. You try to make me look weak.

I believe you should repent for what you did here and believe your own scriptures call what you did a sin on the first, and a social :nono: on the second, especially when you just printed that you also believe it is more appropriate to do so in private. You have the Quran, the Bible, Internet etiquette, and even your own conscience, that tell you it was wrong.

You're playing the typical public school teacher. Make mountains from mole hills. You are never wrong. P.S I don't care about your other arguments in the other thread.

musterion

In fact Muslim men are allowed to even marry Christian women (with some conditions)

Marry = kill the husbands, enslave their wives, rape them and trade them and their children around to other Muslims, or sell them off like cattle.

"Whatever your right hand possesses..."
right?

You are a dirtbag.

Repentance

BANNED
Banned
Marry = kill the husbands, enslave their wives, rape them and trade them and their children around to other Muslims, or sell them off like cattle.

"Whatever your right hand possesses..."
right?

You are a dirtbag.
Nope.

And if I'm a dirt bag for accepting the institution of concubinage - then yes I deserve this title. I'm in the ranks of the Prophets Solomon, David and Abraham himself. God has not outlawed it. By spitting at God's law you are manifesting your polytheism.

Aimiel

What's God's word?
The Holy Bible.
You can't equate God's Word as the logos/memra for that is Hellenistic polytheism.
Just because your religion dictates that doctrine doesn't make it true. Jesus IS The Logos.
We worship God and God alone, not any of his angels or agents. And furthermore the books of the NT never claim to be the word of God. Most of them are written by anonymous authors.
No. Their authorship, honesty and authenticity are well established. That's FAR more than can be said for the Koran.
And we know that there were far more many gospels and writings out there, and we know that it was mere men that had to select what was to be included in the canon and what wasn't.
We also know that they chose correctly.

Having The Holy Spirit living inside of one does far more than any religion or even knowledge or study or even praying. He witnesses together with our spirit these things are true.
Yes that's blasphemy and foolish. But I don't.
Believing that doesn't make it true.
If you claim that the Qur'an is the word of a demon, then prove your claim. The Qur'an is more closer to the Tanach than the writings of St.Paul
I don't have to prove it. It speaks for itself.
You don't seem to get it. God does NOT resemble us in any form or shape. God does not have ears and eyes like our own, it is foolish and illogical to think otherwise.
But your image of God is correct?
You continue to worship, and pray, and sacrifice to a three-in-one God, that no one before Christ ever knew of.
Not me.
A God who has taken for himself a Son, like the Hellenistic idea of logos.
He put Jesus into Mary's womb. He is God's birth Son.
You may continue to be a polytheism and continue having the license to sin - and think that the Messiah died for all your sins, a satanic thought. All your life is gone to waste, you deny the God of Abraham for a false godhood
That describe Islam, not Christianity.
My God is YhVh - the God of Abraham, Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, David, Solomon and Jesus.
If you knew The Father, you'd know The Son.

Lon

What do you teach? Religion??
High School. Public.

I didn't come to his defense. I don't pick sides on stuff I have no knowledge about. I only said what I knew is the truth about you. You're justifying me - instead of trying to make me repent of something that is not a sin at all, why not try to ignore such criticism you think is unfair? Instead of justifying that
:think:

To pick sides on the basis of the people involved and not their arguments and what their arguing about is wrong.
One would think so...

So what. That was made to laugh. We were laughing at you and we enjoyed it. It is the truth about you.
Ah. My bible calls that sin, even the Old Testament.

So do you do the same in class? Do you favour Christians and always take the side of the believers. If you do then you're a hypocrite.
Nice try. You sinned, according to the Old and New Testament, and you would be put in time out according to etiquette. Again, I don't even think it was something you should have been worked up over. I wasn't at all treating you the same as a mocking unbeliever. I will from now on. :up:

I said that knowing well that you would read it
No, that is not 'why' you said it, this was:
You like and hang around pagans. No need to go further. I get it. We can be done.
It wasn't something personal.
Er, yeah, it was, and 'meant' to be.
Lol - I'm sorry for hurting your pride
Er, LOL and 'sorry?' Yeah, they don't go together. Hurt? :nono: Not in the least. I just know you aren't a trustworthy person. You KNOW what you did was wrong. You chose your side, and made that bed with pagans who hate your God and mine. Sleep in it.

I'm not sorry. You try to make me look weak.
Lol - I'm sorry for hurting your pride
:nono: You are doing that to yourself, all by yourself. I'll be leaving you here shortly. :up:

You're playing the typical public school teacher.
Yeah, funny that....
[You]Make mountains from mole hills.
It is bullying. You do as you like.

You are never wrong.
Right now, you are.

P.S I don't care about your other arguments in the other thread.
:think:
So what. That was made to laugh.
We were laughing at you and we enjoyed it.
It is the truth about you.
:nono: Not 'pained.' Not 'begging. ' Just trying to treat you like a kid with a tiny bit of respect. You 'fabricated' these and a few others, for my efforts :up:
Is that what you think about the Koran that tells you not to do it? :think:
Luke 16:10 Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.
So does God.

1) Why is Christianity different from other faiths that offer an everlasting afterlife or Nirvana?

Thank you.
For one, we believe it is wrong to be abusive to another person just because you hate or disdain them for being nice to you. We don't believe hurting others for sport is godly:

Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

I try to follow that advice, even in PM's.

HUGE difference between Christianity and apparently whatever you believe.

musterion

Nope.

And if I'm a dirt bag for accepting the institution of concubinage - then yes I deserve this title. I'm in the ranks of the Prophets Solomon, David and Abraham himself. God has not outlawed it. By spitting at God's law you are manifesting your polytheism.

Hey, dirtbag, concubinage is not practiced nor allowed in the New Testament. You defend the murdering of husbands and the raping their wives and the enslaving their children because that's what Mohammed himself taught. That's utter savagery. But you knew that, so you attempt subterfuge by equating it with concubines. It isn't.

And that's why you're a dirtbag.

Krsto

When the Qur'an speaks - its not Muhammad (pbuh) who speaks but God himself. God sometimes addresses himself in the third person as not to sound glorifying himself.

When God speaks of Christians and Jews in the Qur'an, he doesn't speak of all Christians and Jews but only of one group or another. As a Christian you would surely not agree with some other Christian (groups), and so would call them a bit "off". Christians are not a united group of people. So when the Qur'an tackles the fundamental wrongs of Christianity, it has to address the major issues of one group more than the other. For example the Catholics worship Mary as a demi-God intercessor, and this is unacceptable. A lot of Christianity believe in the demonic teaching of the Trinity. The Qur'an does not mix these two issues - but it would seem like it did. The Qur'an affirms that the "people of the Book are not all alike". It praises the Unitarians - and those among the Christians who are honest, humble and who ponder over the signs of God in creation. Similar when the Qur'an talks of "scripture" it doesn't mean the Bible itself - but parts of it. This is important to know.

The Qur'an does not claim to be an all-refuter of Pauline Christianity. God asks us to debate and argue with the people of the Book in "the best of manners" and in wisdom. God requests Christians to come into common understanding in the religion of Abraham. The minimum is to establish worship of One God/Person and to not set up lords and patrons other than him. ..

Is there room in Islamic thinking for God's revelation being filtered through a man (such as Mohamed) and coming out with human embelishments due to cultural bias (or any kind of "human" thinking)? And then once uttered is there room for humans to insert things in to the record that didn't come from God? I know you have a much shorter period between the revelation and writing than with NT scriptures but are there any Muslim scholars today with any credibility who say one can follow God and his prophet without having 100% assurance everything in the Koran is exactly as God would want?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
And the angel of Jehovah said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son; and thou shalt call his name Ishmael, because Jehovah hath heard thy affliction. And he shall be as a wild *** among men; his hand shall be against every man, and every man’s hand against him; and he shall dwell over against all his brethren. (*Genesis‬ *16‬:*11-12‬ ASV)