จับเสีอมือเปล่า

Khunying

So you not only find suffering comical, you actively try to bring it on people?
You miscomprehend the original statement: I say I would do what pleases me even if it resulted in suffering and destruction. However I will say that if it did please me to mete out pain that I would do so.

You're in high school?
Spent, as in past tense. I haven't been in highschool since I was sixteen, also I am not a 'he'.

What is that supposed to mean in the context of what you claimed previously?
That other peoples' wants, hopes, desires, needs, etc. are of no consequence except insofar as I deign to pay heed to them.

zippy2006

You have no idea what nihilism is, obviously. Good job wrestling with that straw man, though. You can kick his *** all the way to the ignore bin.

For those of you who actually want to know what you're talking about, nihilism is the belief that there is no objective or intrisic meaning or purpose to anything; that all values are simply the subjective mental states of particular human beings. It doesn't entail that you act a certain way, or don't care about certain things, or have any other opinions. The fact that someone would believe nihilism doesn't allow for (for example) attention seeking is clear evidence that they've confused nihilism with one of their own ideological moral fantasies. The very notion that there is something an amoral person should, shouldn't or must or wouldn't do is obviously false, if you have any idea what 'amoral' even means.

Good work. :thumb: Now it's time to ask yourself why you are standing on that pedestal expounding your own merely subjective values as if they have some kind of grand importance. :think: It's fascinating to see someone arrogantly disdain self-importance.

And it would be best to leave off the profanity, not even attention seekers are allowed to do that here. :D

elohiym

That other peoples' wants, hopes, desires, needs, etc. are of no consequence except insofar as I deign to pay heed to them.

Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Is that how you live your life? If not, why?

Khunying

Matthew 7:12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Is that how you live your life? If not, why?
No, because people and circumstances vary. Some people are worthless and inconsequential; some people are incapable of treating me how I'd like to be treated and I have no desire to waste my time and energy on them.

Some people matter. Most don't. Like rain, too much will drown you but usually it's just an annoyance to deal with.

I generally try not to violently enrage people, but that's just prudence.

Khunying

Are humans social creatures or not?
Humans are creatures, some of whom live in societies. I would note that this doesn't change anything, because 'society' can just as easily be a convenience like a well or fruit trees. Just because I live near fruit trees for the sake of their fruit doesn't mean I have any respect for them; they're just a means to an end.
And to the extent that they are, what purpose does nihilism serve?
Non sequitur, nihilism is a fact it's not 'for' anything any more than gravity is 'for' anything. It just happens to be true, make of it what you will.

elohiym

No, because people and circumstances vary.

It appears to me the wording of Matthew 7:12 reveals a principle that accommodates variance to some extent.

Some people are worthless and inconsequential; some people are incapable of treating me how I'd like to be treated and I have no desire to waste my time and energy on them.

How do you determine a person is worthless and inconsequential?

Khunying

How do you determine a person is worthless and inconsequential?
The same way I do with anything else, I assess whether they can be of use to me; though usually I just ignore them as I do the countless pebbles and blades of grass I pass by.

Khunying

What is the criteria you use to determine that?
If you put two seconds of thought into that you'll find that's an impossibly complex question to answer. You're basically asking 'how do you decide what you want to do'. With a brain, same as anyone else.

elohiym

If you put two seconds of thought into that you'll find that's an impossibly complex question to answer.

Impossibly complex? I think not. Give it try.

Use this example: You encounter a man laying in the gutter. He's been beaten badly and left for dead. What do you do? Why? How was the man laying in the gutter useful to you, or how was he not useful to you?