‘We will not obey’--civil disobedience-gay marriage

Christian Liberty

There is no room for Civil Disobedience for Christians.

Romans 13

You are a false teacher in need of a savior.

Except all the numerous Christians in both the OT and the NT that disobeyed the government and were killed for it. Acts 5:29.

Also, you're ignoring verses 3, 4, and 6 in the text you are quoting. Those verses prove that not all governments are in view.

Christian Liberty

It's good to see some christians like Huckabee fighting for gay marriage. Seriously, the more people like him do this the harder it is to ignore that the desire for a theocracy is the ONLY reason same sex marriage isn't legal. It's the most effective way to lobby for same sex marriage I can think of.

I strongly support a theocracy. So do you.

TrakeM

I strongly support a theocracy. So do you.
I don't support a theocracy. A secular government which lets you worship anything or nothing at all isn't a theocracy.

Also, given that you are against the constitution, why not move to a theocracy? Uganda hates gay people.

TrakeM

What business do pastors have getting involved in marriage anyways? Pastors shouldn't be involved in taxes and government business.

rougueone

All the more reason for Gods people to separate themselves from Government. Once a ' church" submits to Government, being a 501-C3 status, the Government owns you. You are now a subject ( made subject to --a legal bond--incorporating with Government), to that Government and it's laws.

Thank's for the link. I was not aware of how serious this has become. It is safe to say the " Church" is under attack now. So people are going to have to live up to their " hard talk" about obeying Jesus or they will find themselves barren. Sadly many will use Romans 9 & 13 to justify not separating the sanctity of God's church/Jesus and go along with Government mandates.

The Scripture you posted are now, occurring as we interact....

2 Timothy 3:12....
Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

or this will occur:
21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately the stumbles.

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
All the more reason for Gods people to separate themselves from Government. Once a ' church" submits to Government, being a 501-C3 status, the Government owns you. You are now a subject to that Government and it's laws.

I don't support 501c3's (e.g. any tax exemption for churches).

We are to occupy until he returns (Lk 19:13). Until then we are subject to wicked rulers (Eccl 10:5-6, Acts 4:26, Mt 10:17).

Last edited:

rougueone

Gay marriage is not talked about at all in scripture... neither are cars, computers and the internet... you could make just as valid an argument against them from scripture.

Wow, what a diversion from the context. Because " gay marriage" is not "specific" ( but homosexuality is), in Scripture, it is acceptable to you or at least an issue that can be by-passed ?
Again, your aligning with Caesar. If you feel so compelled to obey civil rule over Gods, Idaho authorities will warmly welcome you. You stated, " No civil disobedience by Christians". You have made your true allegiance known. Your fear of persecution is greater than your fear of Government. Thus, why your so adamant " No civil disobedience by Christians". Yes I am also scared.

Holy Spirit speaks of this:
18"If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. 19"If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you.…
John 5:18

"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. Including America.

Play time is over my friend. Those who are of our Christ-Jesus will indeed suffer persecution. The tidal wave of sin has come down in America and Gods people are going to make a stand for Holy God, and those who are not will stand with the world and it's agenda against Jesus love, salvation, and all teachings.

Last edited:

rougueone

I am going emphasize civil disobedience by Gods people, so I am skipping to the chase....Again, yes we are subject to law. Except and especially relating to Jesus, is the exception. The only exception, and we are now in that day.

The priests and the captain of the temple guard ( Roman police ), and the Sadducees ( Jewish authorities-subject to Roman law), came up to Peter and John while they were speaking to the people. 2 They were greatly disturbed because the apostles were teaching the people, proclaiming in Jesus the resurrection of the dead.

They seized Peter and John and, because it was evening, they put them in jail until the next day. 4 But many who heard the message believed; so the number of men who believed grew to about five thousand.

“By what power or what name did you do this?” ......It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed.

8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: “Rulers ( Civil police-civil authority ), and elders of the people! by the name of Jesus Christ[/B][/COLOR] of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed.

Acts 12 Peter again makes his stand against civil authority.

Today we are also now challenged to take a stand. Jesus ? Or Caesar--our authorities !!
Do I fear the ( love) Jesus more than I do myself and the impending persecution.
I did not believe these days would occur in my lifetime. This is just the beginning. Our authorities always start out with something like a "misdemeanor". But this is going to become a National law and may eventually become a felony status and or government lawsuits as a " hate crime" .

Last edited:

rougueone

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal which comes upon you to prove you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice in so far as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are reproached for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or a thief, or a wrongdoer, or a mischief-maker; yet if one suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but under that name let him glorify God. For the time has come for judgment to begin with the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? And
"If the righteous man is scarcely saved,
where will the impious and sinner appear?"
Therefore let those who suffer according to God's will do right and entrust their souls to a faithful Creator.

TracerBullet

Wow, what a diversion from the context. Because " gay marriage" is not "specific" ( but homosexuality is), in Scripture, it is acceptable to you or at least an issue that can be by-passed ?
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals, it just means that they just need more supervision." -Lynn Lavner

rougueone

"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals, it just means that they just need more supervision." -Lynn Lavner

I know. I was not attempting to single out Homosexuality as the sin of sin's. However I appreciate your feedback and the statistics.