‘We will not obey’--civil disobedience-gay marriage

rougueone

Great...But again, are Christians forced to marry others of the same sex ?

I do not see that Christians are who are indeed Christians, will submit to this. If Idaho is going to prosecute/persecute churches for refusing, they will lose their 501c3 status and have to go under ground. As the Christian church in China.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Sadly many popular TV Christians and Radio "leaders" are bigots. They single out a specific sin, and zero in those committing it. Yet not mentioning other sins grouped within the same sins they are bigoted about.

It took 3 pages of waiting for it to happen, but your rainbow colors finally surfaced.

Rainbow-flag-148x98.jpg

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4287428&postcount=7055

rougueone

It took 3 pages of waiting for it to happen, but your rainbow colors finally surfaced.

Rainbow-flag-148x98.jpg

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4287428&postcount=7055

If you can show me that homosexuality is singled out as the sin of sins then do so. But you cannot.

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Check mate.

I like Nazaroo's political stance......

The US Government ARE the gays.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109949

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

If you can show me that homosexuality is singled out as the sin of sins then do so. But you cannot.

First, who are these "bigots" (a term used extensively by homosexual activists to denounce anyone that speaks out against their behavior or agenda) that you were talking about?

Sadly many popular TV Christians and Radio "leaders" are bigots.

Now to answer your above challenge:

Shall I start with Sodom and Gomorrah, two cities that God destroyed predominately because of homosexual activity?

OR

I could talk about how God demanded the civil penalty of death to the Jews for those convicted of engaging in homosexuality (yet those who had two pieces of pie after dinner..i.e. gluttons...got off scot free).

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

There you go talking about repentance of sin in a political thread roug...why is that?

Lexington'96

Whenever you hear that gay marriage is the "right side of history." Look at how they treat those who stand in their way. People on the right side of history don't have to resort to intimidation and harassment to achieve their goals.

People like to compare the LGBT movement to the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s. There are many differences, but this one is one of the most important:

We must meet hate with love.

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Much of the gay rights movement is motivated by hate. Go to the Castro district and teach the truth of what the Bible says about homosexuality and see what response you get. See what happens if your employer figures out that you donated money to the Proposition 8 campaign. See what happens to ex-homosexuals. If it wasn't for the intimidation and hate the LGBT movement would not be nearly as successful as it is today.

And the reason for this? The Civil Rights movement was a religious and moral one. The LGBT movement rejects God and rejects morality. It is motivated by hate and not love. It is important that we respond back in love and not in hate.

Christian Liberty

Whenever you hear that gay marriage is the "right side of history." Look at how they treat those who stand in their way. People on the right side of history don't have to resort to intimidation and harassment to achieve their goals.

People like to compare the LGBT movement to the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s. There are many differences, but this one is one of the most important:

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Much of the gay rights movement is motivated by hate. Go to the Castro district and teach the truth of what the Bible says about homosexuality and see what response you get. See what happens if your employer figures out that you donated money to the Proposition 8 campaign. See what happens to ex-homosexuals. If it wasn't for the intimidation and hate the LGBT movement would not be nearly as successful as it is today.

And the reason for this? The Civil Rights movement was a religious and moral one. The LGBT movement rejects God and rejects morality. It is motivated by hate and not love. It is important that we respond back in love and not in hate.

The more often I hear things like this, the less I am inclined to apologize for Leviticus 20:13

Christian Liberty

I don't support a theocracy. A secular government which lets you worship anything or nothing at all isn't a theocracy.

Also, given that you are against the constitution, why not move to a theocracy? Uganda hates gay people.

Every law-order is based on religious presuppositions. Every moral system is based on presuppositions. Secular law-orders shove pluralism down everyone's throats, but they cannot even present a logically consistent reason why its immoral for theonomists such as myself to set up Christian legal-orders.

I don't support forcing people to worship God. But my reasons for not wanting to do so are based on Biblical principles.
Weren't you an anarchist not long ago?

I went from an anarcho-capitalist to a theonomist relatively recently, yes.

I know. I was not attempting to single out Homosexuality as the sin of sin's. However I appreciate your feedback and the statistics.

Its not "the sin of sins" but its also inaccurate to present all sins as equal, and homosexuality is abominable.

rougueone

Every law-order is based on religious presuppositions. Every moral system is based on presuppositions. Secular law-orders shove pluralism down everyone's throats, but they cannot even present a logically consistent reason why its immoral for theonomists such as myself to set up Christian legal-orders.

I don't support forcing people to worship God. But my reasons for not wanting to do so are based on Biblical principles.

Its not "the sin of sins" but its also inaccurate to present all sins as equal, and homosexuality is abominable.

Yes, it is abominable.
abominable standard definition:
a thing that causes disgust or hatred.

Hebrew:NAS Concordance...
detestable act (1), detestable thing (3), detestable things (3), loathsome (2), object of loathing (1).
Greek:
to reek with stench") – properly, what emits a foul odor and hence is disgustingly abhorrent (abominable, detestable); (figuratively) moral horror as a stench to God (like when people refuse to hear and obey His voice).

But the sin is still forgivable as Jesus suffered horribly for this sin as well.

Thus, we are to pray and be Gods witness to these people who are engaged in this abominable behavior. Is there anything else we can do? 99% of churches forbid them. Many-( Most?), Christians tell me they are doomed from birth. But here again, they are making this sin exclusive to salvation. Noting again homosexuality is bunched in with liars, theives, extortionist, whore mongers ET....As Scripture states.
How do we approach theives, liars, ? We are Gods witness to them. So I feel the same applies to homos. I am open to Holy correction.

rougueone

Quote:

First, who are these "bigots" (a term used extensively by homosexual activists to denounce anyone that speaks out against their behavior or agenda) that you were talking about?

Now to answer your above challenge:

Shall I start with Sodom and Gomorrah, two cities that God destroyed predominately because of homosexual activity?

OR

I could talk about how God demanded the civil penalty of death to the Jews for those convicted of engaging in homosexuality (yet those who had two pieces of pie after dinner..i.e. gluttons...got off scot free).

There you go talking about repentance of sin in a political thread roug...why is that?

politics are sin. But the story is about the church and government so I posted in politics.

TrakeM

Eating shrimp is also abominable. Also, according to deuteronomy 13, not murdering your own children if they believe differently from you is wrong. I think that says everything that will ever need to be said about the bible.

Not all legal systems are based on religion. We can logically show how murder is bad for society. Same-sex marriage on the other hand, not so much. But, if you want a theocracy, Iran is available. I think Boko Haram has some land. ISIS has some land too. Then there's Uganda. Hmmm... several theocracies, all of them horrible.

TrakeM

Yes, it is abominable.
abominable standard definition:
a thing that causes disgust or hatred.

Hebrew:NAS Concordance...
detestable act (1), detestable thing (3), detestable things (3), loathsome (2), object of loathing (1).
Greek:
to reek with stench") – properly, what emits a foul odor and hence is disgustingly abhorrent (abominable, detestable); (figuratively) moral horror as a stench to God (like when people refuse to hear and obey His voice).

But the sin is still forgivable as Jesus suffered horribly for this sin as well.

Thus, we are to pray and be Gods witness to these people who are engaged in this abominable behavior. Is there anything else we can do? 99% of churches forbid them. Many-( Most?), Christians tell me they are doomed from birth. But here again, they are making this sin exclusive to salvation. Noting again homosexuality is bunched in with liars, theives, extortionist, whore mongers ET....As Scripture states.
How do we approach theives, liars, ? We are Gods witness to them. So I feel the same applies to homos. I am open to Holy correction.
I understand that your god hates gay marriage. Question is, why should the law care what your god abores, keeping in mind that congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion?

shagster01

Me and countless others on this board have received infractions for "intentional blasphemy." We are supposed to be stoned to death for such an offense. Yet all I got was a 1 point infraction.

Even you say that "in certain cases" homosexuals should be put to death, but not in all cases. Is that what the Bible says?

Christian Liberty

Me and countless others on this board have received infractions for "intentional blasphemy." We are supposed to be stoned to death for such an offense. Yet all I got was a 1 point infraction.

The mods here aren't tbe civil government.

Even you say that "in certain cases" homosexuals should be put to death, but not in all cases. Is that what the Bible says?

Of course not, but then, aCW has only ever been concerned with hating gays (and real Christians, for that matter.) He isn't actually concerned with what the Bible says.

(And yes, I'm advocating death penalties for witnessed homosexual behavior, and still accusing aCW of hating gays. If you don't understand that, you don't understand me.)
Eating shrimp is also abominable.

Ceremonial law, to set Israel apart from the other nations.

Also, according to deuteronomy 13, not murdering your own children if they believe differently from you is wrong. I think that says everything that will ever need to be said about the bible.

It is possible that the Great Commission overrides this law (replacing capital punishment for unbelief with evangelism) however, even if this were not the case, the law deals with promoting false religion to other people, not merely holding to it oneself.

Not all legal systems are based on religion. We can logically show how murder is bad for society. Same-sex marriage on the other hand, not so much. But, if you want a theocracy, Iran is available. I think Boko Haram has some land. ISIS has some land too. Then there's Uganda. Hmmm... several theocracies, all of them horrible.

Define "bad for society". How do you know, by what standard?

Why should only those things that are "bad for society" be banned? How do you know?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:

You really should be asking that question to the Jr. Libertarian, as his "cult of the week" believes that certain OT punishments like homosexuality (given specifically to the Jews) should still be enforced. I'm a follower of Christ who believes in allowing people to repent their sinful behaviors and the act of redemption, while still using righteous laws to punish people who break them.

"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

Matthew 18:6

Would a homosexual pedophile or pederast who infects a young boy with the deadly incurable disease known as AIDS be causing that young boy to "stumble"?

CDC-HIV-MSM-94-95-Percent-Slide.png

"Murdering" the innocence, spirituality and physical condition of youth should be a capital offense.

TrakeM

The mods here aren't tbe civil government.

Of course not, but then, aCW has only ever been concerned with hating gays (and real Christians, for that matter.) He isn't actually concerned with what the Bible says.

(And yes, I'm advocating death penalties for witnessed homosexual behavior, and still accusing aCW of hating gays. If you don't understand that, you don't understand me.)

Ceremonial law, to set Israel apart from the other nations.

It is possible that the Great Commission overrides this law (replacing capital punishment for unbelief with evangelism) however, even if this were not the case, the law deals with promoting false religion to other people, not merely holding to it oneself.

Define "bad for society". How do you know, by what standard?

Why should only those things that are "bad for society" be banned? How do you know?

Ok, so the god of the bible commanded his followers to murder anyone who openly proposes different beliefs at one point in time. I think that says everything that will ever need to be said about the bible. The bible then tops this by saying that if a town around them openly worships a different god, investigate and if it is true murder every man woman and child (don't forget to murder the infants). Can you think of anything more monstrous? Even if this law is no longer in effect, it is monstrous and evil and could never have been commanded by anything other than blood thirsty barbarians.

The purpose of law is to protect the life, liberty and prosperity of people. Law is also there to promote prosperity of the nation as a whole. The constitution is there to make clear the limits of government. The first of these limits is that congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion.