‘We will not obey’--civil disobedience-gay marriage

rougueone

‘We will not obey’: Christian leaders threaten civil disobedience if Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage...

“We will not obey.”

That’s the blunt warning a group of prominent religious leaders is sending to the Supreme Court of the United States as they consider same-sex marriage.

“We respectfully warn the Supreme Court not to cross that line,” read a document titled, Pledge in Solidarity to Defend Marriage. “We stand united together in defense of marriage. Make no mistake about our resolve.”

“While there are many things we can endure, redefining marriage is so fundamental to the natural order and the common good that this is the line we must draw and one we cannot and will not cross,” the pledge states.

The signees are a who’s who of religious leaders including former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum, National Religious Broadcasters president Jerry Johnson, Pastor John Hagee, and Franklin Graham, president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan’s Purse.

The pledge was co-drafted by Deacon Keith Fournier, a Catholic deacon, and Mat Staver, the founder of Liberty Counsel. Also involved in the document were Rick Scarborough, the president of Vision America Action and James Dobson, the founder of Family Talk Radio.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015...threaten-civil-disobedience-if-supreme-court/

It is long past time for Gods people to separate themselves from the authorities. We pay taxes that pay for State sanctioned, legal murder of the infant fetus.
We pay taxes that support gay marriage and the gay agenda.

We paid for the Ten Commandments to be removed, for all reference to Jesus to be banned from schools and public institutions.
Sure some people grumbled. But that is easy.
==========================================
And they began to accuse him, saying, "We have found this man subverting our nation. He opposes payment of taxes to Caesar and claims to be Messiah, a king."
Luke 23:2

So….as the popular phrase asks….”What Would Jesus Do” with the un-Godly leadership in America? What did Paul do? What did Daniel do? What did Shadrach and his buds do? These certainly trump Romans 9.
And when the Government issued number- "MARK" enters our life, many, many people will use Romans 9.
people pay a TITHE, then turn around and get much if not all back from the tax write off. So what did they pay? And the sanctity of Holy fellowship and the money needed to support fellowship-church is sacred. Certainly not to ever incorporate with the Beast-Government. A 501-C3 is incorporating Gods church and Government. I was so blinded all these years. Are we separate/ Are we really? No this is not all about taxes, or going out and jaywalking.

Therefore, come out from among unbelievers, and separate yourselves from them, says the LORD. Don't touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you. 2 Corin. 6

Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, "I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. 17"Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE," says the Lord. "AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN; And I will welcome you. 18"And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me," Says the Lord Almighty.

Jesus understood what we no longer comprehend, that there is a higher authority than man. There is a higher law than man-made law. There is a “greater-good” not just a “lesser of two evils.”
How many Christians realize self governing, being Mans Governments, are a sin? Yes. And obviously a failure. We are Governed by Jesus, from Genesis to Revelation. That's our " Constitution ".

Jesus is not the exception. Jesus is our example !!

What did Jesus do? The Scriptures state what HE did. Jesus is our example !!

GFR7

I understand civil disobedience, and I understand that Jesus is the highest example.

But I do feel that Justice Kennedy - the deciding vote in this case - had a chance of swinging with the conservatives, and these types of briefs have angered him and now have him squarely in the same sex marriage camp.

rougueone

I understand civil disobedience, and I understand that Jesus is the highest example.

But I do feel that Justice Kennedy - the deciding vote in this case - had a chance of swinging with the conservatives, and these types of briefs have angered him and now have him squarely in the same sex marriage camp.

Fair enough. So where are Gods people-children in all this ?

Whom do we obey. Whom do we claim to follow and be a part of ? Mans politics or Jesus's promises's in obeying Jesus?

GFR7

Whom do we obey. Whom do we claim to follow and be a part of ? Mans politics or Jesus's promises's in obeying Jesus?
I agree. You can't serve both....although you can try to side step the whole thing, mayhap :think:

TracerBullet

‘We will not obey’: Christian leaders threaten civil disobedience if Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage...

“We will not obey.”

That’s the blunt warning a group of prominent religious leaders is sending to the Supreme Court of the United States as they consider same-sex marriage.

“We respectfully warn the Supreme Court not to cross that line,” read a document titled, Pledge in Solidarity to Defend Marriage. “We stand united together in defense of marriage. Make no mistake about our resolve.”

“While there are many things we can endure, redefining marriage is so fundamental to the natural order and the common good that this is the line we must draw and one we cannot and will not cross,”

OK. So...what are they going to do?

HisServant

My interpretation of scripture is VERY different than yours and the other wackos that are throwing a tantrum over this... and giving Jesus once again another black eye.

God's people right now are definitely not numbered among those of the 'moral majority' and other people who chose to live by putting people down and trying to impose their flawed understanding of scripture on others.

Jesus certainly wasn't political.. neither were the apostles.

And yet here you are... claiming to be obedient to Jesus... but you couldn't be headed in a more opposite direction.... you care NOTHING about Jesus.

rougueone

OK. So...what are they going to do?

What are Gods people going to do?

I doubt 'they" do anything. All are very wealthy and I doubt they going to disrupt their wealth and positions. But I certainly HOPE they do . . And " they" should of taken their positions as so called leaders and stated way back in Roe-Wade, or Jesus is banned from schools, or removing the Ten Commandments, ET " We will not obey man" .

We will obey our Lord, : be seperate, come out from them...Them is the world, Government, mans ways.

In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,…during our trials. Which should be present as we are obeying God and not man.

But Peter and the apostles answered, "We must obey God rather than men.
Acts 5:29. How appropriately titled, " ACT".

But Samuel replied: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.

We are certainly in the final season prior to Jesus coming for HIS people. Are we ready? Will we hear HIS trumpet? And HIS voice, " Cometh up here ? Or will our ears be deafened?

rexlunae

“We will not obey.”

If it means we get to lock them all up, I'm pretty ok with that.

Just because it's blunt doesn't mean it isn't ridiculous. They had their time in power, and they absolutely squandered it. They're temper tantrum doesn't win the day.

The signees are a who’s who of religious leaders including former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum, National Religious Broadcasters president Jerry Johnson, Pastor John Hagee, and Franklin Graham, president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan’s Purse.

A veritable who's who of washed-up has-beens.

The pledge was co-drafted by Deacon Keith Fournier, a Catholic deacon, and Mat Staver, the founder of Liberty Counsel. Also involved in the document were Rick Scarborough, the president of Vision America Action and James Dobson, the founder of Family Talk Radio.

It is long past time for Gods people to separate themselves from the authorities. We pay taxes that pay for State sanctioned, legal murder of the infant fetus.
We pay taxes that support gay marriage and the gay agenda.

Please, separate yourselves. Do it. I won't stop you. There's the door. Go away.

We paid for the Ten Commandments to be removed, for all reference to Jesus to be banned from schools and public institutions.
Sure some people grumbled. But that is easy.

I'm pretty sure we all paid for those things, along with putting those clearly illegal things in place in the first place. Did anyone ask the rest of us if we were cool with turning our country into a quasi-church? I don't recall being asked.

rougueone

My interpretation of scripture is VERY different than yours and the other wackos that are throwing a tantrum over this... and giving Jesus once again another black eye.

God's people right now are definitely not numbered among those of the 'moral majority' and other people who chose to live by putting people down and trying to impose their flawed understanding of scripture on others.

And yet here you are... claiming to be obedient to Jesus... but you couldn't be headed in a more opposite direction.... you care NOTHING about Jesus.

" Jesus certainly wasn't political.. neither were the apostles."
That is exactly what I stated.

PureX

Obey what? No one is making them do anything. No one is making them marry people of the same sex. No one is making them like gay people or agree with how they live. No one is making them validate gay marriage.

“While there are many things we can endure, redefining marriage is so fundamental to the natural order and the common good that this is the line we must draw and one we cannot and will not cross,” the pledge states.
OK … so … ?

drbrumley

So that means Christians have to marry each other of the same sex? If not, how does this apply to followers of the Risen Lord?

rougueone

Ephesians 4:29 - Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Hebrews 10:24 - And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

And my prayer for you is:
Romans 15:13 - Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

HisServant

Ephesians 4:29 - Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Hebrews 10:24 - And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

And my prayer for you is:
Romans 15:13 - Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

I see you are into ripping the word of God apart for your own twisted purposes.

Quoting individual verses out of context is the height of laziness and one of the largest perversions that so called Christians are accustomed to these days.

I'll pray for you that you find Jesus some day.

As far as corruption.... you initial post is one of the biggest corruptions I have seen recently... uneducated, unwise and rooted in fear instead of compassion and truth.

for example... the context of your first attempt and censoring God... is really this.

25 Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another. 26 Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, 27 and give no opportunity to the devil. 28 Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need. 29 Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. 32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

You omitted the part about being honest and doing an honest days labor... which you aren't.

And all you are doing is ripping down people.

Should I post the scripture about where we are to obey the civil authorities because they have been put there by God?

HisServant

There is no room for Civil Disobedience for Christians.

Romans 13
Submission to the Authorities
13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. 3 For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, 4 for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. 7 Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

You are a false teacher in need of a savior.

rougueone

Yes, my obedience to Jesus is flawed. So I am confessing this:....

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

HisServant

Yes, my obedience to Jesus is flawed. So I am confessing this:....

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

And you think you are righteous... when you ask people to act in disobedience to scripture?

rougueone

There is no room for Civil Disobedience for Christians.

Romans 13

You are a false teacher in need of a savior.

Then heed to your masters my friend. I already stated that the test for Christians has long been in play and many will use Romans 9 & 13 to justify their disobedience to GOD.

Last edited:

HisServant

Then heed to your masters my friend. I already stated that the test for Christians has long been in play and many will use Romans 9 & 13 to justify their disobedience.

All you do is what to lead weak Christians away like sheep to the slaughter... their blood will be on your hands.

I have but one master... Christ.

You serve yourself.. and yourself only.